Crime The killing of Dexter Reed. The new George Floyd? "He was just riding around in his car, and they killed him"

Sure. Him shooting on police was 100% what led to his death. I'm not disagreeing there at all.

But thinking that there was any universe 5 jump out cops stop a vehicle and then don't search it is crazy.

If they can make up the seatbelt as the reason to stop the vehicle in the first place, they can make up smelling pot or seeing a baggie through a window as their reason to do a probable cause search

The ends were always going to justify the means here. It wasn't an honest pullover for traffic violation to begin with.

We all know the reason was not seatbelt. They knew something and their information proved correct. And I don’t think the “I smell weed” has much credibility anywhere at this point-even where still illegal. Not even sure if legal in Chicago. It is in NYC

News flash: Dope heads keep illegal drugs in legal containers like Tylenol all the time.

Newsflash: People keep all kinds of illegal shit everywhere all of the time. Do the police have the right to search your house because of it?

Newsflash: People keep all kinds of illegal shit everywhere all of the time. Do the police have the right to search your house because of it?

You weren’t talking about them searching your house though were you?

You weren’t talking about them searching your house though were you?

That's your logic for searching an entire car when they had a bottle of Tylenol that contained Tylenol?

Lick those boots harder lmfao

Holy whataboutism. Why are you talking about a house?

Because it's your personal property lmao.

There is no whatabouism. I'm just using your own logic.

You said that pillheads hide illegal drugs in Tylenol bottles all of the time. Therefore, the cops should have had the right to cuff us, sit us to the side of the road, and search his entire car when the bottle of Tylenol had Tylenol in it lmao. Also, it was a road check because they were hunting for somebody who committed a violent crime, not a fucking junkie lol.

So using your own logic, one can only come to the conclusion that you'd be okay with cops searching your house any time because people hide illegal shit in their houses all of the time.

Are you slow or what?

Because it's your personal property lmao.

There is no whatabouism. I'm just using your own logic.

You said that pillheads hide illegal drugs in Tylenol bottles all of the time. Therefore, the cops should have had the right to cuff us, sit us to the side of the road, and search his entire car when the bottle of Tylenol had Tylenol in it lmao. Also, it was a road check because they were hunting for somebody who committed a violent crime, not a fucking junkie lol.

So using your own logic, one can only come to the conclusion that you'd be okay with cops searching your house any time because people hide illegal shit in their houses all of the time.

Are you slow or what?

They had a right to stop you because your vehicle matched the description of one they were looking for. They then had reasonable suspicion to search because a pill bottle (which are commonly used in an attempt to conceal illegal drugs) was in plain sight.

Some states have primary enforcement for seatbelt laws. Illinois is one of those states.
Yes. Illinois has that law. But no way did they just happen to see a seatbelt violation and suddenly have 5 plain clothes cops at the ready for the traffic violation lol.

Because of the primary enforcement, that becomes the easy justification to put on the paperwork anytime a cop wants to make a stop without a real reason

We all know the reason was not seatbelt. They knew something and their information proved correct. And I don’t think the “I smell weed” has much credibility anywhere at this point-even where still illegal. Not even sure if legal in Chicago. It is in NYC
Yeah. That’s exactly what I said. They knew something, made a stop, made up a false reason later

The city streets are safer without that dude on them, but that still makes it unconstitutional “the ends justify the means”

If they had some info, get a warrant. Do act on that info without a warrant and claim seatbelt afterwards

They had a right to stop you because your vehicle matched the description of one they were looking for. They then had reasonable suspicion to search because a pill bottle (which are commonly used in an attempt to conceal illegal drugs) was in plain sight.

Reasonable suspicion goes out of the window when it's an over the counter container containing exactly what was on the bottle lmao.

So your argument is that it's reasonable to search an entire vehicle because of an over the counter bottle of Tylenol that contained Tylenol. When the cops didn't find any drugs in the Tylenol bottle, they kept searching because reasons?

And no our vehicle did not match any description of any vehicle they were looking for lmao. Unless you think some middle aged man was driving a riced out 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse with blue neon lights on the bottom of it and a body kit. My buddies car was pretty goddamn specific tbh lol. We lived in a town of around 600 people.

You just honestly have never been fucked with by the cops and are looking for any excuse to defend shit like that. It's fucking deplorable. If some shit ever happens to you like that, I bet you change your tune real fucking fast.

Reasonable suspicion goes out of the window when it's an over the counter container containing exactly what was on the bottle lmao.

So your argument is that it's reasonable to search an entire vehicle because of an over the counter bottle of Tylenol that contained Tylenol. When the cops didn't find any drugs in the Tylenol bottle, they kept searching because reasons?

And no our vehicle did not match any description of any vehicle they were looking for lmao. Unless you think some middle aged man was driving a riced out 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse with blue neon lights on the bottom of it and a body kit. My buddies car was pretty goddamn specific tbh lol. We lived in a town of around 600 people.

You just honestly have never been fucked with by the cops and are looking for any excuse to defend shit like that. It's fucking deplorable. If some shit ever happens to you like that, I bet you change your tune real fucking fast.

Familiarizing yourself with the actual law would greatly help you:

“The officer may detain the driver and any passengers of the vehicle for long enough to confirm and/or deny his or her suspicions.”

Sounds like exactly what happened to you.

Familiarizing yourself with the actual law would greatly help you:

“The officer may detain the driver and any passengers of the vehicle for long enough to confirm and/or deny his or her suspicions.”

Sounds like exactly what happened to you.

No, I completely understand the law. They can literally make up any goddamn reason they want to be "suspicious" lmao.

Having a bottle of Tylenol isn't reasonable reason to search somebody's car whatsoever no matter how much you try to spin it.

You are a bootlicker.

You also leave out that the suspicions must be "reasonable". Why did you leave that part out?

No, I completely understand the law. They can literally make up any goddamn reason they want to be "suspicious" lmao.

Having a bottle of Tylenol isn't reasonable reason to search somebody's car whatsoever no matter how much you try to spin it.

You are a bootlicker.

Notice how I’m posting literal facts in a well spoken manner while you’re having a spastic meltdown while using juvenile insults. By law your rights weren’t violated.

Notice how I’m posting literal facts in a well spoken manner while you’re having a spastic meltdown while using juvenile insults. By law your rights weren’t violated.

You left out the part where the search must be under "reasonable" suspicion.

Please explain how that is reasonable?

You tried to make up a reason by stating our car matched a description (it definitely didn't lol) and you also tried to claim it was reasonable to search because the Tylenol bottle contained Tylenol lol. Neither of those are "reasonable" lmao.

Don't be a bootlicker if you don't want to be called one.

You left out the part where the search must be under "reasonable" suspicion.

Please explain how that is reasonable?

You tried to make up a reason by stating our car matched a description (it definitely didn't lol) and you also tried to claim it was reasonable to search because the Tylenol bottle contained Tylenol lol. Neither of those are "reasonable" lmao.

Don't be a bootlicker if you don't want to be called one.

What kind of car was the actual perpetrator traveling in? Compared to the one you were traveling in?

Yes. Illinois has that law. But no way did they just happen to see a seatbelt violation and suddenly have 5 plain clothes cops at the ready for the traffic violation lol.

Well sure, the plains-clothed cops aren't the primary enforcement team for traffic stops. There is definitely more to this.

Because of the primary enforcement, that becomes the easy justification to put on the paperwork anytime a cop wants to make a stop without a real reason

I'm sure there are times when it's easy to see the lack of a seatbelt and more difficult for others.

Wouldn't this only be comparable in a situation where they police were going door-to-door looking for an escaped criminal?

Well sure, the plains-clothed cops aren't the primary enforcement team for traffic stops. There is definitely more to this.
Right. But the official story is that they pulled a guy over for lack of seatbelt, and he shot at them so they shot back.

So it raises questions of what actually was going on when the official story doesn’t make any sense even if the shots fired by the cops were certainly justifiable by the officers.

Right. But the official story is that they pulled a guy over for lack of seatbelt, and he shot at them so they shot back.

So it raises questions of what actually was going on when the official story doesn’t make any sense even if the shots fired by the cops were certainly justifiable by the officers.

Fair enough. The take away from this is don't be an idiot and shoot at the cops during a traffic stop.

Wouldn't this only be comparable in a situation where they police were going door-to-door looking for an escaped criminal?

Sure. You can compare it to that.

So imagine they are doing that, then see a bottle of Tylenol sitting on an end table near the door. Then they use that to justify ransacking your house and going through all of your shit!

Back