The line for Gaethje/Barboza to end in a finish was -550

No it wasn't you goon. It was like -400 to end in a finish.

Edit-. I misread ur post. My bad sir.

I mentioned this prior to the event. Rarely do I talk about value in a high favorite like that, but I gave it less than a 5% chance of going to decision. Honestly, I'd have give it probably a 1-2% chance.

A fight like that is far different than heavy hitting HWs (ex. Hunt vs. Bigfoot) who may just gas with not much happening. Gaethje thrives on coming forward even when he's hurt. Barboza is always looking to punish, and his kryptonite can be pressure. It had all of the makings for an early finish.

I mentioned this prior to the event. Rarely do I talk about value in a high favorite like that, but I gave it less than a 5% chance of going to decision. Honestly, I'd have give it probably a 1-2% chance.

A fight like that is far different than heavy hitting HWs (ex. Hunt vs. Bigfoot) who may just gas with not much happening. Gaethje thrives on coming forward even when he's hurt. Barboza is always looking to punish, and his kryptonite can be pressure. It had all of the makings for an early finish.
what was your % for Francis/lewis going distance?

Easy money. Should've been way higher.
So you say...as soon as I'd decide to wager $550 just to win $100, another Ngannou/Derrick Lewis debacle would happen (yeah, I had Ngannou to win that and it would have completed a very profitable parlay). Easy to say that in hindsight. Crazy things happen in MMA.

what was your % for Francis/lewis going distance?

Not near as high. It's not like Lewis hasn't gone late before that. I mean he went to the 4th with Hunt. At HW, it's just more likely to guys will stare at each other because they gas. Also, factor in 5 round vs. 3 round. My % wouldn't have been near as high on Gaethje/Barb inside 3.

then you mustve got about +600 or so for fight goes distance? I'm sure it was the last thing you thought, I'd give that a very high %

then you mustve got about +600 or so for fight goes distance? I'm sure it was the last thing you thought, I'd give that a very high %

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here. Gaethje/Barboza ITD was one of my largest plays in my 8 1/2 years of betting. I'm not someone who plays a lot of large favorites either. In fact, it's pretty rare you'd ever see me talking about value in a play that's above -300. This was the exception. You can see by my comments prior to the event. I had it less than 5% - and honestly, I was thinking an incredibly low chance (1-2%). I did not have Ngannou/Lewis anywhere near that - which is exactly what I said from my first response to you...

If you didn't have Ngannou/Lewis doesn't go the distance ranked as highly as Gaethje/Barboza not going the distance, I would venture you'd be in the very small minority. Both guys hit like a ton of bricks. I will never understand that fight in a million years.

If you didn't have Ngannou/Lewis doesn't go the distance ranked as highly as Gaethje/Barboza not going the distance, I would venture you'd be in the very small minority. Both guys hit like a ton of bricks. I will never understand that fight in a million years.

Wrong. I mean they opened the ITD line of Ngannou/Lewis at -195 and it closed at it's highest point at -565. It averaged near -400 for longer than a week. Gaethje/Barboza opened at -385 and was pounded quick. Within an hour, it was down to -425 and then quickly to -445. It averaged out around -500 for several days and spiked as high as -570. There is no way in hell Gaethje/Barb would stay at -400 range as long as Ngannou/Lewis did.

Remember 3 rounds vs 5 though.

Back