Social The Little Mermaid Lyrics Have Being Changed For Live Action Movie

Remember when all those Disney employees walked out to protest Florida banning the grooming of children before 3rd grade?

Yea, me too.

Disney is full of the infected.

It says the mermaid had given up her voice, so I really hope the prince pulls out consent forms and a fountain pen and brings a notary public.

All I can think is that these dumb fucking conservatives have never followed a band in their whole lives, acting like no one ever changed the lyrics to a song to suit their taste. It is a 30 year old song, and they have to spend a billion dollars on making it again, so they will make it to their taste. Who cares.
Oh yeah, everyone always ran out looking to buy the radio edited versions of albums.:rolleyes:

It says the mermaid had given up her voice, so I really hope the prince pulls out consent forms and a fountain pen and brings and gets it notarized.

Oh yeah, everyone always ran out looking to buy the radio edited versions of albums.:rolleyes:

Right, you never ever followed a band and think everything anyone ever wrote is the Bible and Constitution. Godless fucking conservstives think everything they like is holy.

Right, you never ever followed a band and think everything anyone ever wrote is the Bible and Constitution. Godless fucking conservstives think everything they like is holy.
What the shit are you talking about? Which bands had hit songs that they went back and re-recorded years later to change "problematic" lyrics and it got more popular?

What the shit are you talking about? Which bands had hit songs that they went back and re-recorded years later to change "problematic" lyrics and it got more popular?

It doesn't matter if it gets more popular. It matters that the artist NOW don't owe old, weird fucks a certain My Little Pony experience or whatever. The artists have a right to enjoy the song they are making.

I never really thought about that Christmas song "Baby it's cold outside" being an issue. Then I thought about it and I was like "Meh, not that bad but I guess could give off some mild rapey vibes if someone interpreted it that way so okay."

And then I heard John Legend sing the "updated" version where the line "your body, your choice" is awkwardly crammed in there and I was like "FFS...if the song is too rapey just don't play it anymore. You have 5 fucking zillion other Christmas songs to choose from, we don't need lame adjustments made that sound completely unnatural and cringey."

It doesn't matter if it gets more popular. It matters that the artist NOW don't owe old, weird fucks a certain My Little Pony experience or whatever. The artists have a right to enjoy the song they are making.
And the people listening to it have a right to make fun of them for selling out to corporate "values", just like they have with every band ever.

It was a clownish comparison. It wasn't even the composer here, Disney own the rights to the songs and the guy can't just decide on his own to change up songs 35 years later. It was a corporate decision, and bands have changed their lyrics into corporate jingles for commercials plenty of times, and get relentlessly mocked for it every time.

I don't care what they change. They can add all the trannies, homosexuals and woke nonsense they want. I was never going to watch The Little Mermaid in the first place. Given the failure of the previous live action Disney movies, this one will probably bomb at the box office.

All I can think is that these dumb fucking conservatives have never followed a band in their whole lives, acting like no one ever changed the lyrics to a song to suit their taste. It is a 30 year old song, and they have to spend a billion dollars on making it again, so they will make it to their taste. Who cares.

Yeah totally the same thing lol.

The only thing that's stupid here are the adult men bitching about changing a few lyrics in a song from a 35 year old kids movie.

No one cares about the little mermaid. The conversation is about changing old content for incredibly dumb woke reasons. It's a cultural problem and it affects more than old childhood movies.

"There are some lyric changes in 'Kiss the Girl' because people have gotten very sensitive about the idea that [Prince Eric] would, in any way, force himself on [Ariel]," Menken said in the interview with Vanity Fair's Leigh Scheps

That is retarded.

The only thing that's stupid here are the adult men bitching about changing a few lyrics in a song from a 35 year old kids movie.

I know a fake Christian when they front like they read the bible and pray, but then it comes out that they so deeply identify with the rape song from a 30 year old cartoon that they feel like their identity is under assault.

No one cares about the little mermaid. The conversation is about changing old content for incredibly dumb woke reasons. It's a cultural problem and it affects more than old childhood movies.

"There are some lyric changes in 'Kiss the Girl' because people have gotten very sensitive about the idea that [Prince Eric] would, in any way, force himself on [Ariel]," Menken said in the interview with Vanity Fair's Leigh Scheps

That is retarded.

It's a remake of the movie. They change all kinds of shit. Last time I checked the old movie still exists. So you're free to go back and play the song on repeat as many times as you like. And clearly there are plenty of idiots here that care. Hence this idiotic thread bitching about this.

It's a remake of the movie. They change all kinds of shit. Last time I checked the old movie still exists. So you're free to go back and play the song on repeat as many times as you like. And clearly there are plenty of idiots here that care. Hence this idiotic thread bitching about this.

They don't care about the little mermaid. You are pretending they were sitting around anxiously waiting to see this remake. That's a stupid strawman. The issue is what I said above.

How is it a rape song? You can argue a point without sounding completely retarded.

Fuck the artists' taste, am I right? They need to sing the song the way we like it. It is our song which we are entitled to on account of having heard it a long time ago. Once mine, always mine. All this woke shit about consent drives me nuts. Why, in my day, I didn't wait around for bitches and sluts to let me know it was time for a kiss. I just put it on them, like the song instructed. There is no way that these people have a real problem with it, and they should apply their artistic talents in the way and time that I deem appropriate. If they need help learning when to sing a song about consent, I will inform them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back