The man to dethrone Chris Weidman is....

Stonehenge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Luke Rockhold. All ready beat Tim Kennedy who's a very good wrestler. I think he has the skill set to beat Weidman. I discount the Belfort fight because well,you know.
He and Chael have similar chemists evidently in their camps.
I digress, 10 of his 12 victories have been finishes. I think he has the edge in standup and has decent takedown defense. At 29 he's in his prime unlike Silva or Machida. 6 ft 3 inches is big for middleweight.
Feel free to bump this when it comes true. I hope it happens sonner then later. Thoughts?

Shame that cheating Belfort has caused him to be outside the top five. I think he's #2.

Cuckhold is the real deal. The TRTrex KO would have KOed an elephant, it might as well be ruled a NC.

I wonder how many liver kicks Weidman could take before being forced to take it to the ground where Rockhold is a wizard. Such an interesting match-up.

I disagree, he doesn't have the athletic ability.
:)

bump

I disagree, he doesn't have the athletic ability.

popcorn.gif

Would be a good fight, 2 very guys in prime. But I'd pick Weidman to win.

Could be right. Him or Jacare. Both much more well-rounded fighters than the clown who can't stop a takedown ever was.

I don't think Kennedy's wrestling is on the same level as Weidmans. So, not really a suitable comparison there. I think that Luke would have a solid chance but more in the striking department.

I don't think Kennedy's wrestling is on the same level as Weidmans. So, not really a suitable comparison there.

You should hear what both Kennedy and Weidman had to say about their training sessions together.

You may be surprised.

Put it this way. Tim Kennedy's overall wrestling/grappling is criminally underrated by the MMA community.

He's massive. He's got the all-around skills to give Weidman a tough fight for sure.

Who knows who the man is to dethrone Weidman. I don't think Chris is miles ahead of MW's like Silva was or like Bones is to LHW's. I would favor Weidman in all of his fights, but I can see him losing to someone. If you are asking who the most likely candidate is, I guess Rockhold is as good as any of the top guys.

I don't think Kennedy's wrestling is on the same level as Weidmans. So, not really a suitable comparison there. I think that Luke would have a solid chance but more in the striking department.

I think his striking may be superior and hopefully Weidman wouldn't be able to walk him down the way he did for much of the Machida fight.
At 6 ''3 Rockhold would be the bigger fighter. Rogan commented repeatedly how much bigger Weidman was then Machida.

You should hear what both Kennedy and Weidman had to say about their training sessions together.

You may be surprised.

Put it this way. Tim Kennedy's overall wrestling/grappling is criminally underrated by the MMA community.

Kennedy's grappling is world class. He didn't make it this far with his striking.

God how good would a Rockhold/Weidman match-up be though? Both amazing wrestlers with wicked subs. I'd love to see a grappling showdown between the two.

A lot of top wrestlers choose to slug it out when they face another top wrestler, but I don't think Rockhold would mind fighting from his back.

I agree and a lot of stupid people point to the Vitor knockout.

Kennedy's grappling is world class. He didn't make it this far with his striking.

God how good would a Rockhold/Weidman match-up be though? Both amazing wrestlers with wicked subs. I'd love to see a grappling showdown between the two.

A lot of top wrestlers choose to slug it out when they face another top wrestler, but I don't think Rockhold would mind fighting from his back.

I think Rockhold vs The Chris is just about as good a match up as one could ask for in this sport. It's the future potential of this division and talent realized.

Gotta be someone big, Rockhold or a LHW that moves down.

the chris vs rockhard would be a great fight, but i favor the chris.

Back