The metal thread \m/

Enslaved's Heimdal is fucking fantastic. At times it's hard to believe they started out as just another black metal band (one of the better ones, in fairness).

Enslaved's Heimdal is fucking fantastic. At times it's hard to believe they started out as just another black metal band (one of the better ones, in fairness).

well, they were heavily influenced by Bathory's viking metal era from the start, I don't think they were really a "by the numbers" standard 90s black metal band. And yeah, it's hard to believe these are the same guys that released Vikingligr Veldi back in the days... this fusion of prog & kraut rock, jazz, folk and residual black is just fucking awful.

Last edited:
Soulfly is in town, going to go check that out tonight.

I prefer old Sepultura, but not gonna pass on Max Cavalera. He's got Mike DeLeon from Phil Anselmo & The Illegals on guitar now too. Saw that guy shred it up at The Bay Area Interthrashional a few months back.
It was pretty cool when Dino from FF filled in on guitar for Soulfly's last tour two Riff Gods chugging it up together. Never really cared for for the Soulfly catalogue but Sepultura before Max left is legendary and the Caverlera Conspiracy records are pretty sick also. Max and Igor back together fucking it up..

Enjoy the show. I am so bummed I am going to miss Fear Factory need more metalhead friends i guess. My main go to guy for concerts can't go.

It was pretty cool when Dino from FF filled in on guitar for Soulfly's last tour two Riff Gods chugging it up together. Never really cared for for the Soulfly catalogue but Sepultura before Max left is legendary and the Caverlera Conspiracy records are pretty sick also. Max and Igor back together fucking it up..

Enjoy the show. I am so bummed I am going to miss Fear Factory need more metalhead friends i guess. My main go to guy for concerts can't go.
I swear these young North Bay Area metalheads are fucking maniacs. Took an unexpected stage diver to the face LOL. Show fucking kicked ass. Max and the boys absolutely killed it, glad I went. Pretty useless for work today though...

I have a good group of metalhead friends right now that are pretty much down to go to every show in the area luckily, and one of them is always down to drive.

I swear these young North Bay Area metalheads are fucking maniacs. Took an unexpected stage diver to the face LOL. Show fucking kicked ass. Max and the boys absolutely killed it, glad I went. Pretty useless for work today though...

I have a good group of metalhead friends right now that are pretty much down to go to every show in the area luckily, and one of them is always down to drive.
That's awesome where was the show? and any good opening bands?

That's awesome where was the show? and any good opening bands?
Phoenix Theater in Petaluma. It's an oldschool spot, all ages. Metallica used to play there a lot in the late 80's (I was too young at the time).

The biggest surprise was this band from LA area called Drift. They were dressed up like Judge Dread characters with helmets and shit so I was worried it would be trash (I don't like gimmicks) but they fucking killed and had a great groove.

The other opener was BodyBox, decent band but just growling vocals which I don't care for.

Phoenix Theater in Petaluma. It's an oldschool spot, all ages. Metallica used to play there a lot in the late 80's (I was too young at the time).

The biggest surprise was this band from LA area called Drift. They were dressed up like Judge Dread characters with helmets and shit so I was worried it would be trash (I don't like gimmicks) but they fucking killed and had a great groove.

The other opener was BodyBox, decent band but just growling vocals which I don't care for.
I thought you meant North Bay Ontario i was like Huh!?!? no way Soulfly played there. lmao post some Drift i wanna hear/see it now.

I thought you meant North Bay Ontario i was like Huh!?!? no way Soulfly played there. lmao post some Drift i wanna hear/see it now.
Ya, North Bay Area (San Francisco) I should say.

Personally I think they should just lose the costumes:

Last edited:
Back