The metal thread \m/

Obituary were fucking awesome last night, sounded great, one of our best local venues, plenty of beers and joints, good times!

They played a lot of the recent album which is fine by me, I thought it was awesome. Tardy's vocals are still elite too, he's my fave DM vocalist and he still gets it done as good as ever I'd reckon.

Psycroptic were great too, I'm a huge fan so perfect support for me. Dave Haley just had a kid so they had a stand in drummer, a local session guy who was incredibly talented, very different feel but great all the same.

Obituary were fucking awesome last night, sounded great, one of our best local venues, plenty of beers and joints, good times!

They played a lot of the recent album which is fine by me, I thought it was awesome. Tardy's vocals are still elite too, he's my fave DM vocalist and he still gets it done as good as ever I'd reckon.

Psycroptic were great too, I'm a huge fan so perfect support for me. Dave Haley just had a kid so they had a stand in drummer, a local session guy who was incredibly talented, very different feel but great all the same.
Fuckin A. Glad it was a good night.

Their previous EPs were pretty awesome, but I've been mindblown by these guys' debut album

Gonna get tickets for Kreator + Havok as they are gonna play a one-off club show thing just a couple of mins away from my hometown in the summer. Pretty cool news this and a no brainer to go with a few mates 😈 it's even on a Saturday.

been getting back into Cruciamentum lately. somehow i had forgotten about this band for like 3-4 years.

been getting back into Cruciamentum lately. somehow i had forgotten about this band for like 3-4 years.

Last album (Obsidian refraction) is pretty fucking good. Made it in most "top death metal albums of 2023" lists and It was well deserved.
2023 was actually a fantastic year in dm. Many bands released great albums:
Horrendous, Outer Heaven, Autopsy, Creeping death, Fires in the distance, Dying Fetus, Obituary, Voidceremony, Tomb mold, Fossilization, Dead and dripping...

Last album (Obsidian refraction) is pretty fucking good. Made it in most "top death metal albums of 2023" lists and It was well deserved.
2023 was actually a fantastic year in dm. Many bands released great albums:
Horrendous, Outer Heaven, Autopsy, Creeping death, Fires in the distance, Dying Fetus, Obituary, Voidceremony, Tomb mold, Fossilization, Dead and dripping...
i got Cruciamentum's two full length albums and plan on listening to them in the coming days. they take long breaks between releases but everything they've done that ive heard has been good. quality over quantity. i forgot how much i loved the demo and the first EP.

i am not a fan of Dying Fetus and never have been. Obituary has been releasing the same album for 20+ years - i stick to the first 3 and im good. i heard one of Tomb Mold's albums a few months back and i liked it but i havent revisited it yet. i love Autopsy but i really havent cared about anything since Macabre Eternal, same criticisms as Obituary. i stick to the old stuff.

i have not heard of any of the other bands except for Horrendous and i have never heard their music. gotta admit, im someone who has a mentality of "if i havent heard it, its new to me" rather than someone who keeps up with the genre year-by-year.

a) Obituary has been releasing the same album for 20+ years

b) i love Autopsy but i really havent cared about anything since Macabre Eternal, same criticisms as Obituary. i stick to the old stuff.
a) Can't deny that, they might be the ACDC of dm, but they somehow still deliver and gotten better than in the early to mid 2000s
b) Last two albums are arguably the best they've releaseed since Mental Funeral. Specially this last one. Guys age like fine wine.

a) Can't deny that, they might be the ACDC of dm, but they somehow still deliver and gotten better than in the early to mid 2000s
b) Last two albums are arguably the best they've releaseed since Mental Funeral. Specially this last one. Guys age like fine wine.
ill give that Autopsy album a try, then.

oh wow, havent heard this one in a while. US Black metal is often poked fun at (sometimes pretty deservedly) but Weakling was always one of the brighter spots of that little subgenre. its a bit overlong but still really good stuff.

ill give that Autopsy album a try, then.

oh wow, havent heard this one in a while. US Black metal is often poked fun at (sometimes pretty deservedly) but Weakling was always one of the brighter spots of that little subgenre. its a bit overlong but still really good stuff.
Yeah I've never liked much of the US stuff myself and find the likes of Xasthur overratted but I dig Weakling and Wrest's projects. Also dig the guitar player from Weaklings newer band Asunder but that's more funeral doom.

Back