The most well-rounded fighter in UFC history???

Conor.

Nah I'm joke...

Um, Jon Jones definitely high up there... hard to think of anyone more well rounded tbh.

Conor's grappling game is underrated though. I think he's just not that strong, as Dustin commented; but, he got submitted by Nate and Khabib, really after sorta offering his back and giving up, which is a weakness in him, but it's obvious he did that vs. getting knocked out or losing that way. As Diaz said, then he can sorta say he didn't get knocked out, which is what matters more to him.

Dustin p well rounded, speaking of him.

DJ, GSP, Khabib, Islam.. Non PED

Jones, TJ, Silva, Cerrone.. PED

Emmanuel Yarborough

<JonesLaugh>
Outwrestled and took down Olympic medalists
Jon%2BJones%2BTakes%2BDown%2BDaniel%2BCormier%2BUFC%2B182.gif

Outstruck great strikers
method_get_s_jon-jones-shogun-gif.gif

submitted BJJ blackbelts
View attachment 1041046

GSP and Mighty Mouse are also extremely well rounded and elite in all areas

The Goat and only Saint in mma

Conor didn't suck on the ground. He is probably more comfortable with it than D1 Gaethje.

Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall, Robert Whittaker, Islam Makhachev, Ilia Topuria are some of the most well-rounded I can think of, off the top of my head.

Demetrius Johnson, GSP, or Jon Jones.

DJ might edge over Jones because he showed skills off his back and has cool boxing/muay thai.

My Armenian brothers are the #1 most well rounded with the punching and kicking and judo and wrestling and the choking. And, if that doesn't work we have you rear-end our car and make good on car insurance and medical scam

Anderson Silva. Knocked people out with kicks, elbows, knees, and punches. Pre-Weidman, he literally finished every fighter that took him down. Submitted Henderson and Sonnen. Out wrestled Nate Marquardt.
His wrestling skills were poor but he made up for it elsewhere. But I think that makes him less well-rounded. Not to mention he had been submitted by smaller opponents.

I think the question is if you are including KO power. If you’re not, Bones, Mighty Mouse and GSP are the top tier, in no specific order. If you include KO power, oddly enough BJ gets close to the top. Robbie Lawler might deserve mention or Hendricks, maybe Stipe too.

It's shocking how a lot of the best fighters in the game, excel in only one or two area's

Conor was a great striker but sucked on the ground
Khabib had awful striking but it didn't matter once it hit the ground

Jones, GSP and DJ were all amazing in several areas.

Who would you put as your tops?

I'm talking proficient in striking, kickboxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, positional control, etc.
I don’t think Conor sucked on the ground. His ground skills are severely under appreciated. He isn’t close to elite but still highly proficient.

I like the “well-rounded” WMMA fighters, like Dern
<StillMyBoy>

<Oku04>

BJ Penn
Demetrious Johnson
Fedor Emelianenko
Jose Aldo
Lyoto Machida
Hayato Sakurai
TJ Dillashaw
Jon Jones
Georges St. Pierre
Anderson Silva

Jones and GSP lacked boxing and KO power but they were phenomenal wrestlers and very good kickers. They also both had good submissions.

Anderson's takedown defense was his weakness but he was a deadly striker with all 8 limbs and had a dangerous guard off his back with his triangles and elbows.

Back