Media *** The Official Ronda Rousey Mega Thread *** (UPDATED)

I'd love to see a case-study in normal psychology in combat sports
When I was getting my psych degree, I did a class on Sports Psychology. Unfortunately it ended up being one of my few non A's. Problem was, it was 8:30 in the morning, and on college time, that might as well be 4am. Literally the only thing I remember was waking up in the middle of a lesson when my phone's alarm that I had accidentally set before.. twice in the same class

Good times

Thank her mother . Nutty Workd Chanp in Judo Psychologist mama who raised her in the “ if you ain’t first you’re last “ mentality.

I've heard this before but has anyone ever shown that her mother mistreated her? Based on public interviews, Ann Maria de Mars sounds a lot more balanced and reasonable than Ronda does. It sounds like she encouraged her four kids to choose their own path - I don't think Ronda's sisters even do judo. And IIRC there's an old interview where de Mars said Ronda makes her own decisions but she didn't like the direction Ronda was headed with the UFC and particularly Edmund being a con man leeching off her daughter.

Last edited:
She is the textbook definition of a psychopath (artificial charm, defensive to criticism, inability to admit guilt, lack of empathy, impulsive). To make matters worst alot of psychos also have either depression or anxiety so it makes it even harder to be around them

She is the textbook definition of a psychopath (artificial charm, defensive to criticism, inability to admit guilt, lack of empathy, impulsive). To make matters worst alot of psychos also have either depression or anxiety so it makes it even harder to be around them
This is the sane person who named her kid La’akea Makalapuaokalanipō. Imagine making your kids life difficult and not realizing it.

I've heard this before but has anyone ever shown that her mother mistreated her? Based on public interviews, Ann Maria de Mars sounds a lot more balanced and reasonable than Ronda does. It sounds like she encouraged her four kids to choose their own path - I don't think Ronda's sisters even do judo. And IIRC there's an old interview where de Mars said Ronda makes her own decisions but she didn't like the direction Ronda was headed with the UFC and particularly Edmund being a con man leaching off her daughter.
There’s obviously no definitive proof but there’s been some of her old coaches like Jimmy Pedro and numerous people she trained with in the judo world who said she absolutely would throw fits even if she lost a match in practice to a man who outweighed her by 60 lbs. Even as an adult she’d cry. Sulk.There’s some interviews with her mom talking about how she raised her and how she taught her that NO ONE ( her words ) “ had the right to beat you .” I don’t have time to research it but look for it . Not a healthy mindset to teach and he mom never corrected her behavior while young therefore Rhonda grew up a bully who cries(d) when beat . It’s painfully obvious to see . Just look at her reactions to losing to Holm and Nunes. Her mom pushed her yes to succeed but imo she didn’t teach her how to lose.

She's not. She's normal. Just think's her own shit doesn't stink. Definitely not a psycho. 0 crime charges at age like 40.

Meh i dont know how much merit this has being the people behind the scenes / the UFC STAFF ALSO openly talked about how bad they desperately wanted
Tyron woodley to lose .
hence why tyron actually went up to the ufc headquarters and Chewed everyone out, which in return got Dana and the staff even more salty<lol>

and im not saying ronda wasnt an azzhole
but i also am not moved either. And lets be honest the ufc employees dont have the best track record either.

remember Burt watson left due to UFC STAFF MEMBERS....

in other words when your company is ran like a frat house and Staff is picked by guys like DANA and im very positive the staff affiliates themselves with certain
parties , nobody is gonna say "omg those poor ufc staff members it makes total sense for them to cheer for her downfall". its gonna be more like
"how unprofessional that the ufc employees are behaving like this"

Now if this was some reputable charity organization , a homeless shelter childrens hospital or some place ran by people with integrity and
THEN having staff calling you out and wanting you to lose AND THEN it would Hold some weight.

Last edited:
Back