Media *** The Official Ronda Rousey Mega Thread *** (UPDATED)

I love it. Ronda can fuck right off. Also hilarious that she shits on pro wrestling for being fake but gets absolutely worked by "fake wrestling" fans because the booing hurt her feelings.

Hoping to never see her in MMA or wrestling again.

I'm sure Ronda is in shambles.

Crying Wiping Tears With Money GIF - Crying Wiping Tears With Money Sad -  Discover & Share GIFs
We can see through her constant bitching in interviews that she clearly is. Money isn't everything. Especially to someone who's had it for a while.

I'm definitely out of the Ronda threads. I'm not really into psychoanalyzing fighters or even caring about them outside of fighting. I don't care if Jones is gay either...

Do i feel bad that she's "getting burried"? Not really, getting burried by the Pro Wrestling and MMA community, well ... that's like getting a burn from your drunk uncle.

I'm more annoyed by the ridiculous witch-hunt, and the way it reminds me of middle-age, middle-school behavior. The mob mentality. See a prey, jump on it.

Then why is she whining to the media if it doesn't bother her? That gif only applies to someone like Floyd.
I think you are letting it get to you more than she at this point. How many interviews has she done since she disappeared from the public eye again?

We can see through her constant bitching in interviews that she clearly is. Money isn't everything. Especially to someone who's had it for a while.
I still doubt it but you can believe what you want. The way you are describing this sounds more like Jon Jones' problem than hers.

I think you are letting it get to you more than she at this point. How many interviews has she done since she disappeared from the public eye again?
Lol I could care less, I'm just pointing it out merely because other posters have brought up her recent comments. If she's commenting on how the media "betrayed" her, then it's obviously bothering her.

She's not wrong..
Media & promotions are like MMA fans, they turn on fighters at the drop of a hat.

Ronda was also the #1 female MMA fighter on the planet, undisputed.

Just received her new book, will see what happened from her perspective during those times.

Reactions: HHJ
She's not wrong..
Media & promotions are like MMA fans, they turn on fighters at the drop of a hat.

Ronda was also the #1 female MMA fighter on the planet, undisputed.

Just received her new book, will see what happened from her perspective during those times.

Fans can certainly turn quickly but in her case she did everything she could to make it happen. Treating others really poorly but throw complete fits when people returned in kind, and having no accountability for neither general behavior or setbacks in the cage. She seemed to lack self-awareness, which ultimately led to her not realizing how damaging appearing on TUF, where her real personality would be seen that much more clearly, would be.

Easily one of the most self-orchestrated downfalls in MMA.

Fans can certainly turn quickly but in her case she did everything she could to make it happen. Treating others really poorly but throw complete fits when people returned in kind, and having no accountability for neither general behavior or setbacks in the cage. She seemed to lack self-awareness, which ultimately led to her not realizing how damaging appearing on TUF, where her real personality would be seen that much more clearly, would be.

Easily one of the most self-orchestrated downfalls in MMA.

The control freak revisionism is laughable. Every episode of TUF had multiple examples of Ronda being childish, dumb, jealous, angry, etc.. she tried to say that she did that on purpose to become the villain for ratings. Umm, no. The fans turned on her for her shitty behavior and she had to spin it as her decision. She chose to do it. The fans didn't REALLY reject her. She tricked them into doing what she wanted.

Same thing happened in pro wrestling. She was generally well-received at first and the fans turned on her over her behavior. Even with it being "fake," she couldn't handle rejection and tried to spin as she became the villain on purpose. She tricked them into hating her.

Ronda was Good, even very good at Judo. But she wasn't one of the true elites worldwide. She did have physicality over a lot of female Judoka and also had youth.

There's a reason the US has only had low single digit medal count in the olympics.

I still think to this day Ronda's worst matchup was herself and THE idiot coach telling her she's a good striker. She also had/has huge issues with self reflection.

Her first "loss" in a way was the Bethe Correira fight. If she did t win that fight by KO she may have not tried her awful striking against Holm.

Overall I think skill wise, Ronda is actually one of the best to do it, though that skill was 100% in the grappling.

Agree 100% with all of this. One of the vids that stands out for me was the UFC 190 open workout in Brazil before she fought Correira. We all know her striking was a joke but her takedowns and transitions were a thing of beauty. She looks absolutely BJ Penn-esque here. And even compared to more internationally successful judoka like Kayla, Ronda just looks more explosive and a lot more fluid. Styles make fights and all that but in terms of pure grappling, I think Rousey was a special talent for sure.

marked:

Came out today.

Metal health issues, signs of CTE, bad support system?

First off, I appreciated the Holm head kick as much as the next guy and I also think Jimmy Smith seems like a straight shooter and a good guy. But Ronda's last fight in the UFC was December 2016 when Nunes faded her into bolivian. Meanwhile, Smith was calling fights for Bellator until Dec 2017, wasn't contracted to the UFC until Jan 2018 and debuted later that year on the broadcast team.

So how much inside perspective could Smith really have when he didn't even work for the UFC until over a year after Ronda left? Not saying it isn't true but it sounds like he's just trying to generate clicks by parroting some 3rd hand water cooler talk he overheard long after Rousey pissed someone off.

Last edited:
She extremely unlikable and I was happy as hell when Holly KO’d her.

I can’t help but think that the haters (I include myself as a hater as I do indeed hate her) are just giving her free publicity. Everyone has been talking about her and every mma channel is tryna get those hate clicks but there are people who wouldn’t even know she has a new book out, who now do, and will go a buy it.

some serious internet white knights in here

people are calling her a cunt because, well, she is an absolute cunt

just watch some of her interviews, she is abhorrent, the type of person you wouldnt want to spend 30 seconds with, and for those commenting about island people and names, doesnt she live on a fucking farm in California?

she must be really showing that kid how to live the island life

I'm sure Ronda is in shambles.

Crying Wiping Tears With Money GIF - Crying Wiping Tears With Money Sad -  Discover & Share GIFs

She probably is. She's got the sort of personality where it doesn't matter what good things happen to her, she's still going to take the bad things really hard. And when you've got her worldview, almost everything is a bad thing.

Back