News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
You for real? Fury is only like an inch taller than Joshua and Usyk had no problem hitting him.

It's also because Fury is really defensive and pretty light on his feet for a guy his size, Usyk seems to hurt his opponents by blindsiding them with the right hook. Seems very unlikely he could do that to Fury. AJ despite being a better overall athlete than Fury is pretty one-note compared to him.

It's also because Fury is really defensive and pretty light on his feet for a guy his size, Usyk seems to hurt his opponents by blindsiding them with the right hook. Seems very unlikely he could do that to Fury. AJ despite being a better overall athlete than Fury is pretty one-note compared to him.
Fury hasn't looked even remotely elusive in a while. Not since the Whyte fight and he's a plodding mediocrity. Usyk hurts his opponents mostly with his straight left hand that he'll throw as an overhand against taller opponents. He will land it on Fury's chin and to his body, which is always open, repeatedly.

I also disagree with you saying that AJ's offense is one-note compared to Fury. AJ is sharper offensively. He's not only a better combination puncher but his counterpunching is also way better. So is his body work. The only thing offensively that Fury has over AJ would be his jab which he'll struggle to get going against Usyk.

I'll be shocked if Usyk gets a decision here unless he knocks Fury down multiple times. I favor Fury to win this and he's clearly not taking Usyk lightly, but I would really like to him pull the upset here.

Has there been an announced walk time?
From his face, he looks leaner, didn't get to see his body, probably the same pear shape but smaller. I'm sure he'll lose, most likely by clear decision.

From his face, he looks leaner, didn't get to see his body, probably the same pear shape but smaller. I'm sure he'll lose, most likely by clear decision.
Physically Fury looks in good shape and he's trimmed down but not by much. According to him he's "about 19 stone" which is 266 lbs. He'll probably weigh in the low 260s. He does still have the love handles, and that pear shape, but he looks far fitter than he did for other opponents in recent memory.

You must be new to boxing. Most refs will not give a count if they think a fighter is out. Jack Reiss gave him one, Fury barely beat it, and the fight resumed. Fury got violently dropped to the canvas. The optics of that alone have gotten fights immediately waved off.

I recall @Seano pointing out that Zab Judah never got a count against Kostya Tszyu, I didn't and still don't think he needed a count after getting dropped like that.

Fury has the reputation of recovering quickly after being dropped, I wonder if that would influence refs to give him a count regardless of what happens? I could have forgiven the ref for waving off Fury v Wilder 1, he was out like a light!

Physically Fury looks in good shape and he's trimmed down but not by much. According to him he's "about 19 stone" which is 266 lbs. He'll probably weigh in the low 260s. He does still have the love handles, and that pear shape, but he looks far fitter than he did for other opponents in recent memory.
ya, no way he'll ever look like a true athlete, but that doesn't matter much in boxing. They always hounded larry for his pear shape but it never stopped him from being great.

I recall @Seano pointing out that Zab Judah never got a count against Kostya Tszyu, I didn't and still don't think he needed a count after getting dropped like that.

Fury has the reputation of recovering quickly after being dropped, I wonder if that would influence refs to give him a count regardless of what happens? I could have forgiven the ref for waving off Fury v Wilder 1, he was out like a light!
Well in the Judah fight Tszyu dropped him and he immediately popped back up to his feet only to fall down again. He was stumbling. I'm glad that Fury vs Wilder 1 wasn't waved off, since he was able to recover, but a lot of refs today would have based on how it looked. Fury got knocked dead for a moment.

ya, no way he'll ever look like a true athlete, but that doesn't matter much in boxing. They always hounded larry for his pear shape but it never stopped him from being great.
Fury used to look fit in his younger days. His abs were there and he looked lean. Really for a guy that size he shouldn't be weighing more than 240-250ish. At 260-270+ lbs he's only going to struggle to keep up with quick highly mobile opponents. His gas tank might also suffer. That's a lot of extra weight to have to move around in there.

Fury used to look fit in his younger days. His abs were there and he looked lean. Really for a guy that size he shouldn't be weighing more than 240-250ish. At 260-270+ lbs he's only going to struggle to keep up with quick highly mobile opponents. His gas tank might also suffer. That's a lot of extra weight to have to move around in there.
I remember when Bowe tried to come in for the Golota rematch at the weight of his best fight, Holyfield 1, he looked gaunt and sick and fought that way. How the lighter weights torture themselves to make weight and still fight well enough to win is a mystery to me.

Fury hasn't looked even remotely elusive in a while. Not since the Whyte fight and he's a plodding mediocrity. Usyk hurts his opponents mostly with his straight left hand that he'll throw as an overhand against taller opponents. He will land it on Fury's chin and to his body, which is always open, repeatedly.

I also disagree with you saying that AJ's offense is one-note compared to Fury. AJ is sharper offensively. He's not only a better combination puncher but his counterpunching is also way better. So is his body work. The only thing offensively that Fury has over AJ would be his jab which he'll struggle to get going against Usyk.

AJ is much weaker than Fury when fighting on the inside. He's got a sweet uppercut, but we have seen him struggle in the pocket against both Usyk and Andy Ruiz. Fury, though he is bigger and looks awkward, doesn't have that weakness. Furthermore, Fury is much better at moving his head and upper body to make his opponents miss than AJ will ever be (but I do think AJ has better footwork and some of his fundamentals are better too).

We'll see soon whether that is going to be good enough against a great champion like Usyk. Can't wait.

AJ is much weaker than Fury when fighting on the inside. He's got a sweet uppercut, but we have seen him struggle in the pocket against both Usyk and Andy Ruiz. Fury, though he is bigger and looks awkward, doesn't have that weakness. Furthermore, Fury is much better at moving his head and upper body to make his opponents miss than AJ will ever be (but I do think AJ has better footwork and some of his fundamentals are better too).

We'll see soon whether that is going to be good enough against a great champion like Usyk. Can't wait.
Fury does have a better inside game than AJ even though it mostly consists of mauling these days. But as far as combos and counters are concerned, AJ is superior. Additionally he isn't the puncher or finisher that AJ is. He doesn't pose the same type of offensive threat (without being able to lean on smaller opponents to tire them out). Defensively Fury gets way too much credit IMO. He's not that difficult to tag. I think Usyk will light him up in there.

Fury's an Undertaker fan (from wrestling). Looks like an homage to the Undertaker.

undertaker-hy5rgtf.jpg
I eh ... don't think it landed

It’s gonna be a unique situation this weekend where a British fighter is in a unification fight, yet the vast majority of the British public want the other guy to win. And that’s not an easy feat with how ‘patriotic’ us brits are when it comes to sports.

Lol Fury does look ridiculous. What with him wearing that and Usyks moustache earring ensemble it's definitely the campest HW press conference I can remember.
completely different atmosphere. Fury's eyes look broken.

One thing is for sure Fury is one of the most polarising fighters out there. I think no fucker gets blown out here, but it may be very tactical for a few rounds (which are a challenge to score). Either way I expect immense gnashing of teeth from the forum regardless of result. As I stated earlier Manc pride is making me think Fury wins. Though if i was a betting man, and looking at the future cards the Saudis have dialed in, a draw is not ridiculous. This is a gravy train that can be ridden.

It’s gonna be a unique situation this weekend where a British fighter is in a unification fight, yet the vast majority of the British public want the other guy to win. And that’s not an easy feat with how ‘patriotic’ us brits are when it comes to sports.
I'm cheering for Fury but ofc I like Usyk too. (What's not to like)

Back