International The Onion releases bizarre Putin v Zelensky dance off vid ... end with humourless direct threat from AI advocating the extermination of mankind

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The content isn't really funny. It veers into some of Subway Surfer imagery with barman jokes then at 1.29 just switches to a robot saying they are going to exterminate humanity in a direct and not remotely humourless manner.

What's to be made of this? The title is about the dance off but most of the video is a robot threatening humanity. Didn't see anyone in the comments mention it.

It's not surprising to me that dry humor and satire get misinterpreted as evidence of conspiracies by the tin foil crowd. Understanding dry humor and satire requires having at least 2 brain cells to rub together and CT'ers are operating on about 1.5

It's not surprising to me that dry humor and satire get misinterpreted as evidence of conspiracies by the tin foil crowd. Understanding dry humor and satire requires having at least 2 brain cells to rub together and CT'ers are operating on about 1.5
did you watch the second half? There was no attempt at dry humour. It didn't even look like it belonged in the same video.

Reactions: mon
The content isn't really funny. It veers into some of Subway Surfer imagery with barman jokes then at 1.29 just switches to a robot saying they are going to exterminate humanity in a direct and not remotely humourless manner.

What's to be made of this? The title is about the dance off but most of the video is a robot threatening humanity. Didn't see anyone in the comments mention it.

<Ellaria01>

I assume G/O Media has been having cutbacks
I was actually thinking lately their new stuff looks AI generated.

You can make a presentation like that using an AI generated avatar on your phone

Well, I tell you what, if AI eventually kills us all, we will have no excuses. Future species will look at us and go "How did they not see it coming? They made movies about this shit in the 1960's. They had AI technology consistently telling them of their plans, and they laughed it off. You know what? They deserved it. Fucking morons."

i came into this thread expecting to see a dance off

shame on you PBAC

I dont know what I was expecting, but I am leaving.

It's been a spectacular fall from grace. In the early 00's The Onion was just firing on all cylinders. It was brilliant.

Frost had it right. Nothing gold can stay.

It's been a spectacular fall from grace. In the early 00's The Onion was just firing on all cylinders. It was brilliant.

Frost had it right. Nothing gold can stay.
what even happened to it. Looks like shit now.

Well, I tell you what, if AI eventually kills us all, we will have no excuses. Future species will look at us and go "How did they not see it coming? They made movies about this shit in the 1960's. They had AI technology consistently telling them of their plans, and they laughed it off. You know what? They deserved it. Fucking morons."

All good things must come to an end.

Alien Sherdog, first comment in that thread,

"And nothing of value was lost."

Back