Television The problem with Alexa

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Kimmel was describing making pancakes for his kids and in the process of telling the story he said, "Alexa, order Bisquick". The following night he was telling that he got messages from people who had an Alexa device that heard him say it and their Alexa device also ordered Bisquick.

I've never gotten an Alexa device. It seems like there should be some type of security to prevent any voice from making it order things. If you have a television ad, just tell Alexa to order your product.

What kind of dumb clueless fuck voluntarily installs an "always on" microphone in their personal space that connects back to big multinationals that sell their data?

You assholes get what you deserve.

The multinationals are just looking out for your best interests bro.

I need less technology in my life. I will only make exception for a sex robot when they come with a guarantee that they won’t strangle me in my sleep.

What kind of dumb clueless fuck voluntarily installs an "always on" microphone in their personal space that connects back to big multinationals that sell their data?

The same people that use smartphones and computers that do the same thing?

The same people that use smartphones and computers that do the same thing?

Does your computer have an always on microphone listening in on your conversations? Mine have no microphone attached and my laptops have the microphone and camera disabled at the bios level.

You can set permissions on each of the apps on your phone to block access to your cameras/storage/microphone.

They should have given Alexa a less common exotic stripper name.

I like the cut of your jib.

A6FE6624-A82C-4144-97B5-7FE17D886C7C.jpeg

Alexa is a marketing hype job, and I don't fall for those too often.

Does your computer have an always on microphone listening in on your conversations? Mine have no microphone attached and my laptops have the microphone and camera disabled at the bios level.

You can set permissions on each of the apps on your phone to block access to your cameras/storage/microphone.

My computers have Windows 10 so they have Cortana which is always listening.

My computers have Windows 10 so they have Cortana which is always listening.

And you turn of Cortana.
And you also turn of mic/cam when not needed.

Alexa has been known to also record sound clip and email them. IIRC it was a few years ago.
This kind of technology are for stupid people.

Back