Television THE RINGS OF POWER (Only 37% of Viewers Finished the Series, post #1917)

If you have watched the entire season one of RINGS OF POWER, how do you feel about it?

• Total voters
LOTR movies didnt suck like this show does. Is this a different demographic??
Movies are usually better than TV shows. They also had prime source material to work with.
Regardless, the show is extremely popular. It's mostly disliked by people who live on the internet, but casuals enjoy it.

Movies are usually better than TV shows. They also had prime source material to work with.
Regardless, the show is extremely popular. It's mostly disliked by people who live on the internet, but casuals enjoy it.
Extremely popular to shit on.

Normally I wouldnt take so much time to shit on a show,but Galadriel is so awful that it forces me to. I swear my slapping hand just strikes out no matter how much I try to control it.

So Adar wasn’t lying about killing Sauron? That’s why Halbrand was so pissed at him. This show is awesome! The orc chant was “nampat!” which if we reverse is “Tapman”. They were calling for someone to turn on the faucet to trigger the volcano.

Overall it wasn’t horrible but not really good either. Like many others I thought the visuals were amazing and the orcs looked great. Characters I liked were Elrond and Durin, and the soundtrack was good. But… The story was a mess, the Hobbit/Harfoot subplot was forced and unnecessary, Galadriel was unbearable, they absolutely butchered Numenor, and the Sauron reveal was weak. If I was to rate the first season I’d honestly say about 6/10, which I feel is barely passing, just below the Hobbit trilogy.

Hbo is about to do dune prequel series about bene gesserit so frank herbert is potentially next

(Though its scifi but dune is big in that genre)
The prequels weren't Frank Herbert but his son. They were pretty shitty though so maybe we might get an improvement like House of the Dragon.

It feels like they frame the shots specifically to accentuate how asymmetrical Morfydd Clark’s face is.

Her left eye is about an inch higher on her face than her right eye, and at a different angle, and it’s impossible for me to ignore.

It’s interesting how before the show started there was a bunch of racial criticism, but the few black actors ended up being the least egregious parts of the show.

There's rumors going around they're cancelling the show
Definitely not. They're already filming season 2.

Those "rumors" have been going around since before the first episode aired.

Overall it wasn’t horrible but not really good either. Like many others I thought the visuals were amazing and the orcs looked great. Characters I liked were Elrond and Durin, and the soundtrack was good. But… The story was a mess, the Hobbit/Harfoot subplot was forced and unnecessary, Galadriel was unbearable, they absolutely butchered Numenor, and the Sauron reveal was weak. If I was to rate the first season I’d honestly say about 6/10, which I feel is barely passing, just below the Hobbit trilogy.
Pretty much. I liked it a little more than the 3rd hobbit movie, but less than the first 2. I enjoyed it, but the parts that irritated me, which you pretty much covered, took me out a bit too. Overall, it was better than Wheel of Time. GOT > HOD > Witcher > ROP > WOT >>> Shannara Chonicles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back