Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

Terry Metals revield a few interesting things in a interview.

Obrien and Barclay were e originally going to help the crew in episode 8.

Stewart wanted the ending to be him drinking a glass of wine alone, overlooking his vineyard, but was vetoed last mintue

Good. Patrick Stewart should be vetoed every time he opens his mouth about what should happen in anything Star Trek story related. If it were up to him he would close out the series by riding a dune buggy through every early 21st century political talking point he could think of.

Would have been nice to have Reg Barclay back and whacking off to Troi in the holodeck after all these years.

To think of what they could have accomplished over the first two seasons with Moriarty or Ronny Cox or Brian Thompson etc. if they hadn't spent two seasons meandering around on absolute dog shit. If they really wanted to do it right all the new characters from the first two seasons should have had their off screen deaths announced one by one a la Admiral Ackbar.

"Oh no, that Romulan ninja dude was on the USS Tiddlywinks that just blew up, gosh darn it!"
"Oh no, that Jurati chick was on the USS Skypooper that just blew up, dag nabbit, the sheer fucking hubris!"
"Oh no, not Wesley Crusher!"

Last edited:
The writers here had more respect and reverence for Spot and Ro Laren than the Star Wars sequel writers had for Luke Skywalker.
Lords this makes me sad. Hopefully Disney took notice. Not counting on it though, especially not after hearing about the Rey movie(s) coming up where she's apparently going to do what Luke was supposed to do

9781398512948.jpg

Just announce his memoir, making it so, comes out Oct 3rd

Terry Metals revield a few interesting things in a interview.

He originally wrote that both Worf and Riker wrre going to die on the Borg cube, but didn't have the heart to kill his heroes.

Ro Lauren was able to beam out of the shuttle before it blew up.

During the battle above earth, 7 and Raffi beamed over to the USS Intrepid, and found where all the Star Fleet personal, who were replaced by changelings were held, including Tuvok, and Saved them.

Obrien and Barclay were e originally going to help the crew in episode 8.

Stewart wanted the ending to be him drinking a glass of wine alone, overlooking his vineyard, but was vetoed last mintue

I’m glad Stewart got vetoed. His creative input fucking sucks.

I’m glad Stewart got vetoed. His creative input fucking sucks.
Yeah and Ive seen a few interviews where he has said his only disappointment with the season, is he thought the original ending they filmed for him, was so perfect, and it wasn't until he actually watched the finished product that he realized he was wrong. He said he's completely satisfied with the ending, and has even been energized by it, and would be happy to make guest appearances if they make Legacy, or better yet a film..

Roddenberry was a genius at balancing a positive, intelligent vision for the future with action orientated conflict and its resolution, humor and phantasy. He always had a skill for introducing and developing dynamic characters.

Currently, Star Trek writers are focusing primarily on conflict and youthful relatability. I venture to say this is what the younger generations prefer, or think what they should prefer (And easier to write - They don’t like me, I don’t like them - Filler dialog here and there in between conflicts for the strong leader primary and follower secondary characters - There’s a show).

Strange New Worlds has potential. Although most of the episodes are dour, there have been a few that were well done. I especially liked episode 8, The Elysian Kingdom.

Last edited:
I wish the early clips from Lower Decks hadn't made the show look shitty. Tis a lot better than I was expecting.

star-trek-strange-new-worlds-lower-decks-crossover.jpg

Mariner and Boimler from the Strange new worlds, lower decks cross over episode. Good thing they actually look like there characters

I wish the early clips from Lower Decks hadn't made the show look shitty. Tis a lot better than I was expecting.
Lower decks has been great from the beginning. It's funny, yet is more start trek then most the shows.

If anyone hasn't watched Strange new worlds yet, Paramount has put the whole season up for free on YouTube. It will be up for the next 2 weeks before season 2 comes out

Ready to feel old. DS9 had it's finale 24 years ago today.

yeah great/better era...
more fun cause more shows on air didnt underestimate viewers intelligence when writing scripts.

Back