Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

romulan-tomalak.gif
I always thought that guy was the Leslie Nielsen Naked gun-era type commander.

Every once in a blue moon I go back and binge watch X Star Trek series. This time it was deep space nine. I have to say Jadzia is such a s***** ass poorly written character and perhaps Terry Farrell might have been the wrong person for the job. A lot of wasted potential with this character. The only other character I despise more is no other than Ezri Dax.

The best thing they did for Jadzia was having her attached to Worf.

Every once in a blue moon I go back and binge watch X Star Trek series. This time it was deep space nine. I have to say Jadzia is such a s***** ass poorly written character and perhaps Terry Farrell might have been the wrong person for the job. A lot of wasted potential with this character. The only other character I despise more is no other than Ezri Dax.

The best thing they did for Jadzia was having her attached to Worf.

Jadzia's beauty is underrated in ST history imo.

I didn't like her or Sisko at first. I really hated the name Curzon for some reason, and being Sisko's close friend, she used it all the time. By season 3 when Sisko shaved his head, grew the goatee, and the Defiant came into the picture, he became one the goats of sci-fi, such a badass. Terry Farrell isn't a great actress, but I really grew to love her character, and her relationship with Sisko. It helped that she was drop gorgeous too. Her pairing with Worf was perfect for both of them.

7WoD.gif

Because of that characteristic, Tomalak remains the most memorable Romulan commander.

028cf65db3a6bc3b6bc3c60d7b613ec4.jpg

G'Kar and Londo are the heart and soul of Babylon 5, incredible actors playing incredible characters! They were so ridiculous at first too, but man did they ever develop.
friends.jpg

G'Kar and Londo are the heart and soul of Babylon 5, incredible actors playing incredible characters! They were so ridiculous at first too, but man did they ever develop.
friends.jpg

Andreas Katsulas was a boss. Both he and Jeroen Krabbe from The Fugitive should have been in more big movies.

I didn't like her or Sisko at first. I really hated the name Curzon for some reason, and being Sisko's close friend, she used it all the time. By season 3 when Sisko shaved his head, grew the goatee, and the Defiant came into the picture, he became one the goats of sci-fi, such a badass. Terry Farrell isn't a great actress, but I really grew to love her character, and her relationship with Sisko. It helped that she was drop gorgeous too. Her pairing with Worf was perfect for both of them.

I think most people agree with you about Sisko. When the show first started he was more rough around the edges with the commander hard ass type personality, at least that's how I feel. By the shaved head turning point his personality became softer and more fatherly like.

Terry Farrell was young and inexperienced and the writers especially did her no justice. To her credit she did become better over time with what she had to work with.

If I recall right, they wanted Dax to be the super wise mentor to Sisko throughout the show. The problem is Terry just did not have that type of a presence or believability and across her you had a guy like Avery Brooks who had plenty of stage presence.

What's weird is DS9 came out when I was in my early teens and at the time I hated Kira and liked Jadzia. Now it's the complete opposite.

Andreas Katsulas was a boss. Both he and Jeroen Krabbe from The Fugitive should have been in more big movies.
Yeah, Krabbe should have had more big Hollywood roles. He was in No Mercy and Living Daylights, along with a few others, but a lot of his films weren't the biggest. Didn't really get the big standout roles that his old Verhoeven co-star Rutger Hauer got, despite being just as good.

A few days behind due to being at work in rural Alaska, but thankfully I was pleasently surprised to find out they just connected Fiber internet to my Island, so I went from 1mb speed with 80gb cap dsl for $200 a month, to 25mb and 750gb for $120 a months so I can actually stream up here.

Strange new worlds season 2 started off fun. Ethan Peck is turning out to be a fantastic Spock. This show looks gorgeous. Hopeful for this season of SNW after a amazing season of Picard

Maybe I have a dirty mind, but Odo and Reed Richards have an ability women must love.

Strange New Worlds got rid of Hemmer, the more engaging character on the show.

Watching Spock in Strange New Worlds is jarring. Unlike Ethan Peck, Nimoy had the gift of delivering monotonous lines, fascinatingly. Nimoy was so gifted in his role that he usurped Star Trek's vision from its creator.

Strange New Worlds needs something novel for this second season. The first season feels too wooden. Visually, it looks great. Teeming with potential.

I loved the first season, but this first episode back was disappointing, tbh. It felt like a filler episode, which isn't a good way to start a season.

Watching the first episode of SNW, already not liking this portrayal of Spock.

Doesn’t help I hate this prequel shit as it is.

7WoD.gif

Because of that characteristic, Tomalak remains the most memorable Romulan commander.

028cf65db3a6bc3b6bc3c60d7b613ec4.jpg

I think it gave him a bit more of an edge than the other Romulans, several of which were pretty good but they never felt like they were really Picards equal the way Tomalak was.

The Cardasians I think benefited massively from having Dukat as that kind of character, someone a little campy who loved to spar with his federation counterpart.

I think it gave him a bit more of an edge than the other Romulans, several of which were pretty good but they never felt like they were really Picards equal the way Tomalak was.

The Cardasians I think benefited massively from having Dukat as that kind of character, someone a little campy who loved to spar with his federation counterpart.

Absolutely. If you go back to the original series, you will see the prototypes for Tomalak and Dukat.

The reason why these characters never became Kirk's nemesis is because the original series ran for only three seasons. There just wasn't time for it. I mean, they called Joanne Linville's character "Romulan Commander." But the idea was there.

theenterpriseincidenthd0312.jpg

michael-ansara-star-trek-klingon-kang.jpg

balanceofterror.jpg

(do these actors look familiar?)

Absolutely. If you go back to the original series, you will see the prototypes for Tomalak and Dukat.

The reason why these characters never became Kirk's nemesis is because the original series ran for only three seasons. There just wasn't time for it. I mean, they called Joanne Linville's character "Romulan Commander." But the idea was there.

theenterpriseincidenthd0312.jpg

michael-ansara-star-trek-klingon-kang.jpg

balanceofterror.jpg

(do these actors look familiar?)

Yeah that it something I would have really liked to see n the original series, one or more of these guys becoming regulars.

Not that there werent many very good Romulan episodes in the TNG era but I think they tended towards more high concept stuff because they didnt really have a consistent character who you enjoyed seeing spar with Picard.

Yeah that it something I would have really liked to see n the original series, one or more of these guys becoming regulars.

Not that there werent many very good Romulan episodes in the TNG era but I think they tended towards more high concept stuff because they didnt really have a consistent character who you enjoyed seeing spar with Picard.

The only commander from TOS that I recollect becoming a regular was Kor, sort of (his character was reprised in the animated series and Deep Space Nine). Kor exhibited flashes of that self-assured, borderline buffoonish bravado. It's a shame that he wasn't in any TNG episodes.

tumblr_mr22jivVaF1r2p3x5o4_250.gif

Like Shatner, John Colicos was another fine stage-trained Canadian actor. I remember him mostly from Battlestar Galactica and Mannix.

TNG could have benefited from more episodes centering on Picard sparring with enemy commander foils (especially the later seasons). Whenever Masks, Unification, Sub Rosa and a few other episodes are broadcasting, I just change the channel.

The only commander from TOS that I recollect becoming a regular was Kor, sort of (his character was reprised in the animated series and Deep Space Nine). Kor exhibited flashes of that self-assured, borderline buffoonish bravado. It's a shame that he wasn't in any TNG episodes.

tumblr_mr22jivVaF1r2p3x5o4_250.gif

Like Shatner, John Colicos was another fine stage-trained Canadian actor. I remember him mostly from Battlestar Galactica and Mannix.

TNG could have benefited from more episodes centering on Picard sparring with enemy commander foils (especially the later seasons). Whenever Masks, Unification, Sub Rosa and a few other episodes are broadcasting, I just change the channel.
The Klingons had good diplomatic ties with the Federation in TNG though, so he would not have been used as an adversary. I liked how they worked him into DS9, so I am glad that panned out the way it did.

I really enjoyed the second episode of SNW. It was great seeing a classic Star Trek courtroom episode. Always interesting to hear more about the eugenics wars, and its fallout.

FYI I guess the season really picks up after episode 3. Anson Mount's wife gave birth early in the season, so he was largely unavailable for the first 3 episodes.

I think this is the first ST that has so little pull dont even both downloading it anymore. Theyre trying to recycle old school ST episodes and similar stories but have NO talent or depth of talent for writing profound moral stories to pull it off. Stories that were engaging the mind of the viewer and were often like a class in ethics/philosophy.

These first eps are too predictable, everything is generic and formulaic you could narrate it a second before anyone says it. Spock is comical in his too small uniform showing his muscles and hes as emotional in one ep as Nimoy was in the whole runnning. Everyone talks about nothing but their relationships ...
Enson is such a great actor and immensly wasted on this .

Last edited:
The Klingons had good diplomatic ties with the Federation in TNG though, so he would not have been used as an adversary. I liked how they worked him into DS9, so I am glad that panned out the way it did.

That is true. Though, in TNG, the Klingon diplomatic ties were tenuous. There seemed to always be the potential for Klingon factions to align themselves with the Federation's adversaries.

The writers could have pursued an even more creative avenue by making Kor an adversary at first glance, but culminating with him becoming Picard's titular mentor.

The possibilities for Kor's story arc in TNG were expansive, partially because of the Klingon diplomatic variables at play during TNG and him being an adversary in TOS. I could, in theory, generate 10 unique story drafts for Kor (good, neutral, bad) by the end of the week.

Back