Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

That is true. Though, in TNG, the Klingon diplomatic ties were tenuous. There seemed to always be the potential for Klingon factions to align themselves with the Federation's adversaries.

The writers could have pursued an even more creative avenue by making Kor an adversary at first glance, but culminating with him becoming Picard's titular mentor.

The possibilities for Kor's story arc in TNG were expansive, partially because of the Klingon diplomatic variables at play during TNG and him being an adversary in TOS. I could, in theory, generate 10 unique story drafts for Kor (good, neutral, bad) by the end of the week.
That is one thing that was interesting early on in Discovery about the Klingons, that they tried to explore. They are a diverse species, spread over a large empire. That was originally why they changed the look and behavior of the Klingons, they just went way overboard, and thankfully corrected as they went on. In Strange new worlds they showed a variety of different looking Klingons, but with a focus on the TNG era look, that everyone loves.

If you ever look at memeroy beta the star trek Wikipedia, and look at the Klingon empire, they control a huge amount of the alpha and beta quadrants, and have been space faring for hundred of years longer then the federation has existed. I would still love for there to be a Klingon based show.

Voyager had best ship and shuttles then any other star trek. And was much more fun watching episodes that every other star trek ripped form original but showed in their time

Last edited:
Star Trek Prodigy has unexpectedly been cancelled and is being removed from the platform. This is a new cost saving tactics that most of the streaming platforms are doing now, where if they completely remove the program, they can then write off it's costs entirely.

The show looked amazing, but was very expensive to produce, and each season can take upwards of 2-3 years to complete. They are actually almost finished with season 2, and they are finishing it, and will then look to sell it on the open market.

Not entirely unexpected, because Paramount didn't really seem to have a plan for kids programming, and paramount stock has been getting by hammered this year. It also combines with showtime next month, so they are going for a more mature audience over all.

Last edited:
That is one thing that was interesting early on in Discovery about the Klingons, that they tried to explore. They are a diverse species, spread over a large empire. That was originally why they changed the look and behavior of the Klingons, they just went way overboard, and thankfully corrected as they went on. In Strange new worlds they showed a variety of different looking Klingons, but with a focus on the TNG era look, that everyone loves.

If you ever look at memeroy beta the star trek Wikipedia, and look at the Klingon empire, they control a huge amount of the alpha and beta quadrants, and have been space faring for hundred of years longer then the federation has existed. I would still love for there to be a Klingon based show.

That's modern Star Trek for you. Everything is complex and far reaching. It may have been more prudent for Worf, or whoever first broached the subject of TOS Klingon appearance, to break the fourth wall, look into the camera and say "The studio did not have enough money for Klingons in The Original Series. This is how we have always looked." And left it at that.

Star Trek Prodigy has unexpectedly been cancelled and is being removed from the platform. This is a new cost saving tactics that most of the streaming platforms are doing now, where if they completely remove the program, they can then write off it's costs entirely.

The show looked amazing, but was very expensive to produce, and eaxhbseasonntakenupwards of 2-3 years to complete. They are actually almost finished with season 2, and they are finishing it, and will then look to sell it on the open market.

Not entirely unexpected, because Paramount didn't really seem to have a plan for kids programming, and paramount stock has been getting by hammered this year. It also combines with showtime next month, so they are going for a more mature audience over all.
This is really pissing me off. Stuff's just getting deleted as tax write-offs left, right and centre. I saw a comment earlier that Sony have been smart in just licensing their shows and movies, rather than starting up their own platform. Can't disagree.

Will there be season 4 of Picard ?
No Stewarts deal only for 3 seasons. Due to the amazing reviews and ratings, Terry Metatlas the showrunner, has said he would like to next make Star Trek: Legacy which will feature Captain 7 on the Enterprise G. It would co star Picard son, Le Forge girls, likely Riker and Trois daughter. It would feature cameos from many people from TNG, DS9 and VOY.

Stewart has also been publically saying in the last few weeks as he is doing press for his upcoming Biography, that he enjoy season 3 so much, he has spoken to Paramount about doing a new film featuring the Picard cast.

All this, of course, is on hold due to the writer's strike, and likely upcoming actor's strike.

Will there now be a new Kirk series? If ST really wants to get the views this wpuld knock it out the park i think .

Will there now be a new Kirk series? If ST really wants to get the views this wpuld knock it out the park i think .
With who playing Kirk? No one does a good job playing Kirk other than Shatner.

There's a new Kirk in Strange new worlds, Paul Wesley. So far he's done a pretty good job.

captain-kirk-wesley-shatner.jpg

The latest episode of SNW dropped early, and it is great. It is the Strange new worlds/ Lower decks cross over episode, where Jack Quaid gets sent back through time and ends up on the Enterprise. Directed by the GOAT Jonathan Frakes

Only downside is that there won't be an episode for me to grab on Thursday.

Edit - turns out I'm wrong. The three remaining episodes have been moed forward a week.

Last edited:
Jonathan Frakes Is Pushing for Star Trek: Legacy: ‘They Can’t Deny the Fan Reaction’
JULY 31, 2023
BY BRAD LANG

Jonathan Frakes is very hopeful that Paramount will eventually greenlight Star Trek: Legacy. Per Variety, the Star Trek veteran threw his full support behind the spinoff idea pitched by Picard showrunner Terry Matales, insisting that there’s more than enough interest from fans to pursue the story.

“I think they can’t deny not only the fan reaction, but the fact that the numbers put the show at the Top 10 on the streaming charts. And that season of Star Trek: Picard was arguably among the best seasons of any Star Trek — I think we all agree on that,” Frakes explained. “I mean, Star Trek fans are loyal. It’s not millions and millions of people, and it’s not the youngest fandom in the world…”

Frakes, who has played the role of William Riker across several incarnations of Star Trek, further insisted that he has no doubts that Star Trek: Legacy will manifest in some form one day. “I am an eternal optimist, and I believe in a perfect world, they will find the assets and the energy and hire Terry to put together this Legacy show and that will, in fact, come to fruition,” the actor concluded.

What is Star Trek: Legacy?
Originally pitched on social media by Matales, Star Trek: Legacy was envisioned as a continuation of The Next Generation set after the events of Picard. The Paramount+ series, which saw most of the TNG cast reprise their respective roles for Season 3, concludes with a one-year time jump ostensibly setting the stage for another series as Captain Seven of Nine takes command of the U.S.S. Enterprise-G alongside Jack Crusher, Picard’s son, embarking on his assignment in the field.

Matales has insisted that there are currently no plans to develop Star Trek: Legacy, insisting that Paramount has enough series in the works as it is. Despite this, many fans have encouraged the showrunner to pursue the idea further.

Star Trek: Picard is currently streaming on Paramount+.

More space exploration
More otherworldly fantasy
More science/technology prediction
Less horror
Less dim lighting
Less timelines

Well put, I don´t understand why they never continued where Voyager/Nemesis ended.

Last edited:
Back