The two Glory multi-division champions, excluding tournament champions.

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Alex Pereira (Brazil) - 187 lbs and 209 lbs.
Robin van Roosmalen (Netherlands) - 143 lbs and 154 lbs.

Which achievement is more impressive?

Pretty comparable, they also both had controversial wins over dominant champs of their 2nd weight classes (Petpanomrung/Vakhitov)

If Superbon beats Marat on Saturday he will have beaten Sittichai, Petro, and Marat back to back.

I'd argue that's better than winning 2 titles.
One championship surpass Glory since COVID so yes it’s better.

One championship surpass Glory since COVID so yes it’s better.
Glory continues to have the better roster above 70kg so I’d argue not much has changed there. One has definitely been able to put on more shows, though the events Glory has put on have actually been really good. I’m hoping both find a way to stay a float and be successful, with some eventual co-promotion.

Glory continues to have the better roster above 70kg so I’d argue not much has changed there. One has definitely been able to put on more shows, though the events Glory has put on have actually been really good. I’m hoping both find a way to stay a float and be successful, with some eventual co-promotion.
Actually I'd say Regian Eersel is way better than any of the current Glory fighters at 77 kg.

Good point. He probably is the best since Doumbe is doing mma and Kyshenko is inactive.

Glory needs Kryklia, he is 100% talent, that would be a hard fight for rico

Good point. He probably is the best since Doumbe is doing mma and Kyshenko is inactive.
Any news on Kyshenko btw?
I know he pissed hot quite recently when he planned on making a comeback.

Any news on Kyshenko btw?
I know he pissed hot quite recently when he planned on making a comeback.
His comebacks will be like Saenchai comebacks, just come, kill a nobody and cash in. I don‘t think Kyshenko is interested in Kickboxing gold anymore.
Same goes for Spong.

Glory and ONE should trade Petchpanomrung for Eersel.

His comebacks will be like Saenchai comebacks, just come, kill a nobody and cash in. I don‘t think Kyshenko is interested in Kickboxing gold anymore.
Same goes for Spong.

Glory and ONE should trade Petchpanomrung for Eersel.

Seriously though, what in the blue hell is Glory doing with Petch?

Seriously though, what in the blue hell is Glory doing with Petch?
He fought 4 times outside Glory since his last title defence, of which three times against the same guy
At the moment Glory doesn’t have a serious challenger for him imo, so I also like the idea of Petch going to ONE, and maybe even try his luck at 70kg

He fought 4 times outside Glory since his last title defence, of which three times against the same guy
At the moment Glory doesn’t have a serious challenger for him imo, so I also like the idea of Petch going to ONE, and maybe even try his luck at 70kg

I know all that, but it's Glory's job to find fights for their champions. Petch should definitely be in ONE.

Eh...writing is on the wall for Glory quality wise. Even going with the "they have the heavier weight classes" gimmick, the talent in the upper ones still aren't that great. Peirera and Doumbe both left, and One is going to keep expanding and has some good guys in the heavier classes now as well.

ONE is better than Glory when it comes to KB, if its not true yet it will be by the end of this year. The last Glory show was disappointing to say the least.

The biggest issues with ONE - Cage kinda sucks. I want Kickboxing/Muay Thai in a ring. Also - 2-3 KB/MT fights on a card full of lower tier MMA that I need to fast forward through.

While we get awesome fights from ONE, we don't really get awesome events - outside of the first round of the LW tournament as it was full of KB fights. Even then we should have got 2 rounds in the tournament that same night.

Alex IMO.

Pretty comparable, they also both had controversial wins over dominant champs of their 2nd weight classes (Petpanomrung/Vakhitov)
I'd call Alex's close but hardly controversial - case can be made he won both just as it can be made he lost both - going 1-1 in two very close fights against the consensus #1 LHW is the best representation of those two fights.

If Superbon beats Marat on Saturday he will have beaten Sittichai, Petro, and Marat back to back.

I'd argue that's better than winning 2 titles.
Cool but that's not what's being asked.

Alex IMO.

I'd call Alex's close but hardly controversial - case can be made he won both just as it can be made he lost both - going 1-1 in two very close fights against the consensus #1 LHW is the best representation of those two fights.
If a case can be made either won I would say thats controversial. I dont use it as a synonym for "wrong" if thats what you mean.

If it causes controversy it is controversial.

Back