The UFC should have stolen Patricio Pitbull from Bellator, not Michael Chandler

So much hate for Bellator for no reason. I like both orgs. Obviously ufc is much deeper but Bellator has raised some great fighters that are no doubt ufc caliber. Throwing goat talk around is just a cheap argument who the fuck cares.

Dana probably wouldn't pay as much.look at rory.

Chandler was free, and also he is american, UFC can milk him easier. Probably UFC will pick a couple of easy fights for him to fatten the hype. As Khabib pointed out, Chandler was TKOed by a FW, he has no foreseeable future in either the FW or the LW division in UFC.

Pretty much what the title says.
Patrício Freire is a two-division champion in Bellator and recently knocked Michael Chandler the fuck out.

This little stocky mofo is a fucking savage, super powerful and is very deserving of his nickname - Pitbull.
If he touches your chin, you're fucked. He also has a sick submission game.

What is funny is that now the guy who just got KTFO-ed by Pitbull is "in the mix" for the vacant UFC lightweight title.

pitbull brothers are never leaving bellator and pitbull didnt knock chandler out cold it was a bad stoppage

They shouldve got aj mckee from bellator.

potential p4p king imo.

i still dont know how good aj is. if you look at his record it full of nobodies now were gone find out if aj for real or not.

I think Dana's grand plan is to get Chandler KTFO so Bellator looks even worse

I don't think Chandler realizes this yet and has been tricked by the UFC's red carpet treatment of him
This is exactly what I think. They're stringing him along like they really value him but they're going to set him up to fail so they can show the skill gap between Bellator and UFC.

If they really wanted him to be successful they wouldn't throw him to the wolves immediately and would give him a fight to get accustomed to the UFC, maybe a top 10-15 opponent. Winnable but tough.

If they throw him to Tony Ferguson or something, he's dead in the water. If they feed him to Justin Gaethje, he's literally dead.

I don't want to sound like I am hating on Chandler. I like the guy, but this doesn't change the fact that he got starched by Pitbull.
If Pitbull wasn't under contract with Bellator, Dana would be all over him.

As much as I like watching him fight, I can't agree.

He's a complete and total can crusher and only looks good when he's facing opponents who have no business being in the cage with him.

When he actually fights a good fighter like Douglas Lima he gets KTFO.

He gave lima some problems tho. I wouldn't call him a can crusher but he definitely isn't a top ww, would get crushed by all the wrestlers.

I remember reading that there was ways they could match it. Bellator is backed by Viacom they have money. If they really want to keep him they will.

You read wrong. The highest paid guy doesn't make close to what anyone with PPV points makes in the UFC. Bellator never has and never will fork out enough money to compete with a PPV points contract. Viacom has money, but Bellator is not something they have invested much into. If Coker wanted them to give him enough money to match PPV points, Viacom would tell them to fuck off

pitbull brothers are never leaving bellator and pitbull didnt knock chandler out cold it was a bad stoppage

Chandler was just covering up. The ref could have let it went on a bit longer, but I don't think it would have changed the outcome:

giphy.gif

Chandler was just covering up. The ref could have let it went on a bit longer, but I don't think it would have changed the outcome:

giphy.gif

Look at that late punch after the ref steps in what a dirty little mut. Mad his brother got legit KO'd stiff. Chandler wins that 9/10 times anyways.

Look at that late punch after the ref steps in what a dirty little mut. Mad his brother got legit KO'd stiff. Chandler wins that 9/10 times anyways.

Maybe, maybe not. That's a possibility, but I don't know for sure, because I have seen plenty of cases where fighters are so in the fight mode that they keep fighting even after the ref steps in. Palhares is one that comes to mind. Dan Henderson is another.

Chandler's contract was up, Pitbull's isnt.

Bellator and coker seemed over Chandler and his high salary esp once he lost the title. The writing was on the wall with things Coker was saying and fact they let him become a free agent.

Chandler then also wanted to go to UFC. The covid stuff might have factored in too cause PFL isnt doing events till next year and you still arent seeing MM, Eddie, Sage fighting in One so do you want to sign with them and then travel issues come up and you dont fight for a year or more? So with Bellator not being as interested and other options not really looking great the UFC was the best option. Maybe thats where he would have went all along but if times were normal he might have went elsewhere.

As for Pitbull he's still a Bellator guy, him, Lima and Chandler before now all reup with Bellator anytime their contracts were up. They seem happy there, treated well and paid well.

It would be up to Pitbull when his contract is up to test the market to see if UFC would pay him or not. You cant just steal someone, they have to be free to leave and actually want to leave and I'm not sure either of them do.

chandler was trying to get to his feet. he wasnt knocked out cold like people have said.

it was a bad stoppage.
Unfortunately being on all fours while some guy is banging on you never looks good to the ref.
P.S.
(If he's into that)

P.P.S.
((Not that there's anything wrong with that))

Back