LW: Max Holloway
WW: Mike Malott
MW: Ikram Aliskerov
LHW: Vitor Petrino
HW: Robelis Despaigne

WSW: Victoria Dudakova
WFLW: Rose Namajunas
WBW: Luana Santos

-Not sure how anyone can watch Paddy fight and think he will beat a ranked opponent
-Was really torn between Max and Conor for my LW gamble
-Almost went with Kyler Phillips for BW, as he's fighting up the ranks and really technically sound. But he hasn't shown that he has corrected his fight IQ yet. That loss against Paiva shouldn't have even been a close fight. Likewise, Mario Bautista is fighting up the rankings, but I don't see him getting past Ricky Simon. Cody has changed up his training and is looking a lot like his old self. He may have a second run in him.
-Sucks that Tatsuro Taira is now ranked at 15. That would have been the easy bet.

Last edited:
its very odd to watch how your brain works, are you a 37 year old woman by chance?

HW - Michael Parkin. He has showed a ton of skills is big and I think he has the potential to storm the HW rankings if he goes for the kill in his next few bouts.

LHW - Carlos Ulberg. has shown physicality that most people won't be able to deal with and considering he was booked against Reyes I think the UFC wants him ranked so he probably gets another favourable match up.

MW - Gregory Rodriguez - Barrahlo and Shara Bullet are the obvious choices but I'm going with Robocop just based on the fact he's usually pretty active and Tavares is a good win to get a ranking from. He's also been putting in work with some good fighters so his skillset should get even sharper.

WW - MVP. Even if Holland wins MVP will get a another ranked striker so he's likely to win for a rank.

LW - Joel Alvarez.

FW - Aljamain Sterling

BW - Patchy Mix. Mix has seemingly cleaned house at Bellator and PFL doesn't have any BW's... maybe a jump to the UFC?

WBW - ..... Absolutely no idea.

WFly - Tatiana Suarez. She has a better shot against Grasso imo.

WSW - Gillian Robertson.

2024 the return of Canadian fighters to the rankings
Wsw Gillian savage Robertson
Wfly Jasmine Jasudavicius
Ww Mike proper#12 Malott

Hw I'm go big here inspite of Alex saying pump the brakes, Pereira!
LHW I'll stick with ulberg he'll get a ranked opportunity when he's back.
MW Caio Borralho
LW Elvis Brener
FW Diego Lopes
Bw Cody garbrandt
Flyweight Bruno Silva

Wbw Jacqueline Cavalcanti (bit of wild guess all the unranked wbw are pretty much one favourable win from a ranking if the media guys watch)

Wow I didn't realize I was picking so many Brazilians until I saw my final list.

FLW: Alan Nascimento
BW: Javid Basharat
FW: Joanderson Brito
LW: Elves Brener
MW: Caio Borralho
LHW: Carlos Ulberg
HW: Shamil Gaziev

WFLW: Miranda Maverick
WBW: Tainara Lisboa

I didn't see the results of the 2023 one?

First two games, sir!

FLW:Joshua Van
BW: Said Nurmagomedov
FW: Diego Lopes
LW: Myktybek Orolbai
WW: Mike Mallott

Game Rules:

Pick 1 unranked fighter from each division that you believe will be ranked on the 1st January 2025. It doesn't count if they are ranked next week, but drop back out before the end of the year; you get no points.

If you pick more than 1 unranked fighter in a division, your pick for that division is disqualified. If you accidentally pick a ranked fighter, your pick for that division is disqualified.

At various points, I'll lock people's picks in. I'll let you know as/when I lock your picks in, but up until then you can still edit them.

When January 1 2025 comes, I'll score you.

Scoring will work like this:

1 point for 15th, 2 points for 14th, and so on, with 15 points for being the number 1 ranked fighter. I'll give you 20 points if your pick is the champion on that date.

Person with the most points will win... something. Like, actually something, as long as I can get it to you.

Previous Prize Winners:

@BoxerMaurits
@Ares Black

Current rankings: https://www.ufc.com/rankings
Current roster information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_UFC_fighters

NOTE: You can pick fighters not currently signed to the UFC
NOTE: If the UFC happens to scrap a division this calendar year, say, Women’s Bantamweight, we’ll just cancel all picks and outcomes for that division – even if your fighter was ranked #1/champion!

---

Template:
FLW:
BW:
FW:
LW:
WW:
MW:
LHW:
HW:

WSW:
WFLW:
WBW:

---

DEADLINE: Midnight 12th January 2024 (the night before the next fight card) - NO EXCEPTIONS.

If you've played before, welcome back - if you're a first timer, enjoy the ride!

GOOD LUCK!!

- List Removed -
The Russian 170 pound guy with floppy hair, is he ranked yet? If not, that's my pick.

Wait, for each division? Too much work, I look forward to my disqualification.

FLW: Assu Almabayev
BW: Mario Bautista
FW: Aljamain Sterling
LW: Paddy Pimblett
MW: Joe Pyfer
LHW: Israel Adesanya

WSW: Viktoriia Dudakova
WBW: Valentina Shevchenko

Last edited:
FLW: Bruno Gustavo da Silva
BW: Mario Bautista
FW: Joanderson Brito
LW: Joel Alvarez
WW: MVP
MW: Caio Borralho

WSW: Josefine Lindgren Knutsson
WFLW: Jasmine Jasudavicius
WBW: Melissa Dixon

FLW: Joshua Van
LW: Ismael Bonfim
WW: Myktybek Orolbai
MW: Joe Pyfer
LHW: Oumar Sy
HW: Waldo Cortes-Acosta

WSW: Loma Lookboonmee
WBW: Mélissa Dixon

Obvious choices for LHW and MW were Ulberg and Borralho but since evrybody's picking them I took a gamble.
Some others choices that came to me : Mike Malott, Rebecki, Basharat bros, Jourdain...
Orolbai is a LW. He took the fight at WW on a few days notice

Game Rules:

Pick 1 unranked fighter from each division that you believe will be ranked on the 1st January 2025. It doesn't count if they are ranked next week, but drop back out before the end of the year; you get no points.

If you pick more than 1 unranked fighter in a division, your pick for that division is disqualified. If you accidentally pick a ranked fighter, your pick for that division is disqualified.

At various points, I'll lock people's picks in. I'll let you know as/when I lock your picks in, but up until then you can still edit them.

When January 1 2025 comes, I'll score you.

Scoring will work like this:

1 point for 15th, 2 points for 14th, and so on, with 15 points for being the number 1 ranked fighter. I'll give you 20 points if your pick is the champion on that date.

Person with the most points will win... something. Like, actually something, as long as I can get it to you.

Previous Prize Winners:

@BoxerMaurits
@Ares Black

Current rankings: https://www.ufc.com/rankings
Current roster information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_UFC_fighters

NOTE: You can pick fighters not currently signed to the UFC
NOTE: If the UFC happens to scrap a division this calendar year, say, Women’s Bantamweight, we’ll just cancel all picks and outcomes for that division – even if your fighter was ranked #1/champion!

---

Template:
FLW:
BW:
FW:
LW:
WW:
MW:
LHW:
HW:

WSW:
WFLW:
WBW:

---

DEADLINE: Midnight 12th January 2024 (the night before the next fight card) - NO EXCEPTIONS.

If you've played before, welcome back - if you're a first timer, enjoy the ride!

GOOD LUCK!!

- List Removed -

FLW: Asu Almabaev
FW: Muhammadjon Naimov
LW: Paddy Pimblet
WW: Joaquin Buckley
MW: Michel Pereira
LHW: Ion Cutelaba
HW: Mohammad Usman

WSW: Emily Ducote

FLW: Joshua Van
BW: Cody Garbrandt
LW: Max Holloway
LHW: Azamat Murzaganov
HW: Robelis Despaigne

-Not sure how anyone can watch Paddy fight and think he will beat a ranked opponent
-Was really torn between Max and Conor for my LW gamble
-Almost went with Kyler Phillips for BW, as he's fighting up the ranks and really technically sound. But he hasn't shown that he has corrected his fight IQ yet. That loss against Paiva shouldn't have even been a close fight. Likewise, Mario Bautista is fighting up the rankings, but I don't see him getting past Ricky Simon. Cody has changed up his training and is looking a lot like his old self. He may have a second run in him.
-Sucks that Tatsuro Taira is now ranked at 15. That would have been the easy bet.

Bro azamat is already ranked at LHW

Back