The uploaded file is too large

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
I get this quite often when trying to upload a pic/gif from my documents etc. but if i transfer it to a different uploader it works. Can this be fixed? what is the correct file size that will be accepted?

I get this quite often when trying to upload a pic/gif from my documents etc. but if i transfer it to a different uploader it works. Can this be fixed? what is the correct file size that will be accepted?
Upper threshold for attachments should sit at or just south of 1.0 MB. Anything bigger as you've mentioned can see embed via third-party platforms like Imgur or what have you. Sorry for any inconvenience that is but the practice keeps page-loading amongst other things in working order for all our various users and worldwide readership.

Upper threshold for attachments should sit at or just south of 1.0 MB. Anything bigger as you've mentioned can see embed via third-party platforms like Imgur or what have you. Sorry for any inconvenience that is but the practice keeps page-loading amongst other things in working order for all our various users and worldwide readership.
What are the dimensions for that and is there i quick way for me to convert my files so i don't have to go third party?

What are the dimensions for that and is there i quick way for me to convert my files so i don't have to go third party?
Unlike for our avatar field, I don't believe there are any restrictions on dimensions but rather only file size. Following, a quick resize (often proportional and percentage-based) should do the trick. One positive with uploads versus embeds is image integrity: uploads cannot be broken (i.e., not displaying) and nor auto-downsized as some larger-dimensioned embeds can be over time.

Unlike for our avatar field, I don't believe there are any restrictions on dimensions but rather only file size. Following, a quick resize (often proportional and percentage-based) should do the trick. One positive with uploads versus embeds is image integrity: uploads cannot be broken (i.e., not displaying) and nor auto-downsized as some larger-dimensioned embeds can be over time.
Thank you this information has been helpful.

I’m far less tech savvy then @Valhoven , but I’ve wrestled with a billion of these to try and get pics or gifs to load. I will say I’ve noticed that sometimes if I simply paste it from the source the website will say “that’s too big”. But if I click the box with the landscape on it (I think the technical term is “the image tool”) sometimes it takes. Just an extra tip to help you trouble shoot when you’re wrestling with an image.

Back