International The US, Brazil, Europe and other major economies all pushing back against dumping by China

Governments again trying to keep things artificially inflated by Denying us access to cheaper products.

It’s supposed to be a free market that is customer centred.

Hopefully it drives a wedge into the BRICs dynamic.

Nothing wrong with subsidizing, nothing wrong with tarrifs either. Play ball, boys.
True, it is the very point of tariffs.

Makes me wonder if the real gripe isn't dumping into our domestic markets but what happens in other markets. We can tariff them here but we can't outprice them in a place like Botswana unless Botswana introduces tariffs or we subsidize as well.

- I just bought a Spider-Man figure from a chinese store on Shopee.

The US fucked up Japan's economy on purpose in the 90s because they were growing too fast. They can't do the same to China. They're already too big to fuck with. China is the biggest kid on the block.

Population implosion fucked Japan.

Governments again trying to keep things artificially inflated by Denying us access to cheaper products.

It’s supposed to be a free market that is customer centred.

- It's to keep the inside manufacturing industry afloat.
I undestand the sentiment, but the goverment doesnt take just a dozen of people inm equation, they need to take a entire economy in equation.

Essentially you're saying "do as I say, not as I did". It's actually very typical of Muricans after you lied, stole and cheated your way to the top. Now that China is using the same playbook, you get your panties in a bunch.

Funny thing is I'm actually okay with unscrupulous practices in geopolitics/economics. The only problem I have is the fact that you try to claim moral high ground. It's like a whore advertising virginity. Just stop.

PS: I worked for Concord Pacific in the early 2010's and we marketed plenty of residential properties in China to Canadian and American buyers. I worked in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Guangzhou for almost a year living in company owned condos. Check your facts.

Foreigners need to work or study in China for at least a year to be qualified to buy a residential property. Even then, you're limited to a single property and aren't allowed to lease it out.

China doesn't need to spend much money on R & D, they just steal it from Japan and the West. Their government subsidies artifically lowers the price of their products.

Take away the I.P. theft and gov. subsidy and let's see how good their products are.
China is now the world's largest filer of intellectual property in all types of IP, from patents to trademarks to designs, they're not stealing what you haven't even created yet.

Who gives a damn about Musk. Guy is a clown, would rather buy cheap Chinese than any of his overpriced goods, or any western products for that matter.
you would rather buy cheap chinese crap than any western product?

you sound very intelligent. do you drive a chinese car?

Unproductive lazy westerners are complaining that China is producing "too much cheap goods" and kicking their asses in the free market? I guess you will need tariffs and protectionism to save your lazy ass.

We don't have enough dirt farmers to exploit in our factories, and apparently we are not allowed to do it with prison labor either. You know, like China does.

But part of the issue raised in the OP was government subsidies. The CCP heavily subsidizes certain industries to give China an advantage. In this case they are pouring government money into CCP controlled companies so they can undercut any American or European company who doesn't receive similar assistance.

If it were a purely free market, rather than one aggressively manipulated by governments then your point would have more validity.

you would rather buy cheap chinese crap than any western product?

you sound very intelligent. do you drive a chinese car?
Who said Chinese makes crap? Got Chinese brand phone for over a year and now and already lasted longer than samsung or apple

Your Samsung and Apple phones didn't last a year? Mm. Sure.
Yeah...is dude buying some bootleg shit at a Swap Meet? The vast majority of everything that comes from China is absolute garbage.

Who gives a damn about Musk. Guy is a clown, would rather buy cheap Chinese than any of his overpriced goods, or any western products for that matter.
Weird how for a clown he runs multiple million dollar businesses.

But you are right, not as smart as your random Sherdog poster.

Here is a major reason China can manufacture for extremely low cost and in high volume compared to Murica. They're absolutely all in on automation and eliminated large chunk of the labour cost. Robots don't complain, quit or demand breaks/vacations after the initial investment.

31337.jpeg

Muricans can either sit here and complain about losing to "slave labour", or make major investments to automate your factories and upskill your workers.

Last edited:
Back