Media The worst beat down ever handed in the octagon

What do you think is the worst beat down we ever see in Octagon?

Not necessary big one hit winner enders, but a pro-long beatdown of body and soul.

Here is a few I think...

CompleteBlaringHaddock-size_restricted.gif

df51d977f425c4b1da0962603173c686.gif

cain.gif
Hunt vs Stipe.
Fight was over after round 2. Hunt being too tough for his own good lasted another 2 and a half rounds before the ref finally stopped the fight. It was like Stipe was beating a dead body.

JDS was never the same after the first Cain fight. It was a 5 round mauling. And then JDS came back for another 4.5 more rounds of mauling

jdsface.gif
This was the 2nd fight. But this is the answer to the thread.

Joanna's fight against Jessica Penne. Holy shit, that was a one-sided beating.

BJ Penn demolishing Joe Stevenson too.

Honorable mentions, even though they were in Pride: Enson Inoue - Igor Vovchanchyn and Kazushi Sakuraba - Ricardo Arona

McDonald vs BJ was unpleasant

Rory+MacDonald+Beats+Up+B_J_+Penn+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Glover beat the living piss out of Anthony Smith..
This immediately came to mind.

I feel like Smith has been on the wrong end of a couple but I'm forgetting the others at this point. was the Glover one when he had to spit teeth out mid match?

someone else mentioned Penn vs Stevenson... that was savage, and with the blood literally spurting, BJ playing it up licking his gloves, that one is legendary.

Ferguson vs Gaethje was also mentioned, that was one of the few I felt like I was witnessing actual irreversible brain damage being done.

Last edited:
Glover vs Maldonado and Cain vs JDS 2 and 3

that was straight CTE.

Oh shit maybe it was already mentioned but Matt Brown vs Erik Silva? Round 1 Matt almost got stopped but after that he beat Silva to death. One of the crazier fights at the time and Herb Dean let it go on forever...

Mir/Overeem was a pretty bad beat down (minus the attempted guillotine by Mir) that people forget about. It was surprising Mir survived.

9-D213-D7-F-BDC9-4879-B2-BF-489-F8-A3-B5-CEE.jpg

Back