There is a lack of stars right now

How do you talk about stars of 145 and not talk about Max? <1>

How do you talk about stars at 205 and not talk about Jiri? {<huh}

Yup. A lot of princes and princesses "won't fight down" these days. The real kings and queens (legends) fight whoever the fuck the UFC tells them to and still manage to beat everyone in front of them. Long reigning defending champs are the real stars.

Topuria is a star. Even if not in US he 100% is over seas, they had him front and center at the Santiago Bernabeu to kick off a home match for Real Madrid

There are about as many stars as there always were. There are just a lot more divisions (and fighters)

a combination of many factors that contribute to the lack of bonafide stars in the previous eras.
1. oversaturation of the fighter stable. way too many fighters, redundant lacklaster fights, forced multiple viewings of fighters that would not even be top 5 in PFL / bellator.
2. UFC's unwillingness to allow fighters to self express in the form of custom fight shorts. their are reasons why tito, chuck, cro cop, other greats stood out. they had a color scheme, personality. they all weren't wearing the same variation of blue, red, green, yellow fight shorts. the UFC does not want to make stars, they don't want to give leverage to fighters anymore.
3. lack of genuine authenticity. few fighters seem genuine/authentic in their response. the social media age, modern pressures have given fighters a lack of uniqueness, all answers similar, all sharing the approved message and sentiments, empty platitudes. when a fighter does speak up, the population doesn't know how to react, besides label it as wrong think. perhaps society's own interpretation and unwillingness to peacefully disagree.

The UFC are more interested in flooded in the market with more fights instead of having big ones. They suck at both promoting talent and developing it.

Because of a dolly shortage

Im thankful theres at least plenty of talent right now.

The UFC has never been this technically sound.

Could give fuk all about 'stars'

The "star" is Dana White. The "star" is UFC. That way U Fight Cheap and owners profit more.

i feel like there’s more “stars” than before, but fewer actual p4p greats. for every division, the current champ is not the best champ ever—shorter win streaks, fewer defenses, less versatility, etc. everyone is trying to follow conor mcgregor’s path instead of gsp’s.

Even GSP wanted that Conor glory, and he got his Alvarez, I mean Bisping.

I'm not on the same page. Right now, the UFC is at its peak popularity. McGregor's still got two fights left in his contract. Jon Jones is the UFC Heavyweight champ. Then you've got Pereira, O'Malley, Topuria, Makhachev, Edwards, and Du Plessis who are all lined up with some really skilled and tough opponents in their divisions, making for some exciting and competitive matchups to look forward to.
UFC at peak popularity? That's surprisingly delusional

Mcgregor hasnt fought in 3 years, Jones fought once in 4 years, and Islam n Edwards are the longest reigning champs, they never fight and aside from Muslims and English people, not a lot reallu care about them.

UFC at peak popularity? That's surprisingly delusional

Mcgregor hasnt fought in 3 years, Jones fought once in 4 years, and Islam n Edwards are the longest reigning champs, they never fight and aside from Muslims and English people, not a lot reallu care about them.
Go look at Google Trends.

I think both of them should retire after they fight. It's our time now
I'm sorry my G, but there are like 10 guys better than you at LW.
Angling for a Connor fight after Chandler defeats him would indeed make a bunch of sense.

Max Holloway sure should be. What’s not to like!

While we don't have a good sense of PPV numbers like we used to, the UFC has been increasing profits every year. They seemingly don't need mega stars, especially considering they've kept Conor on ice this long.

Back