There Is Now A Massive Rift Between Conor McGregor And Dana White

MMAAAM

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Source: http://fightsday.com/there-is-now-a...mcgregor-and-dana-white-according-to-reports/

197.jpg

It seems there is now a serious storm brewing between Conor McGregor and the UFC.

During the week, we reported on top MMA journalist Jeremy Botter’s claims that Conor McGregor has intentions to soon part company with the UFC in order to run his own promotion.

Indeed, increasing signs have suggested that the powers that be in the UFC have become fed up with the Irishman’s growing confidence that has seen him refer to the fight company as ‘business associates’ rather than his employer’s.

After UFC 194, Dana White failed to turn up to take questions at the post event press conference while, in the very moment that Conor McGregor knocked out Jose Aldo, UFC Co-Owner Frank Fertitta rather bizarrely slammed down a belt he was holding in what appeared to be a furious reaction to Conor’s win.

Last night, the excellent Irish podcast Off The Ball managed to get a hold ofBleacher Report journalist Jeremy Botter (who initially broke the news that McGregor would be fighting Rafael Dos Anjos at UFC 197) and the MMA writer had some fascinating insight into the tense situation that has now developed between McGregor and the top brass in the UFC.

468178838.jpg

Botter went on to state that the ‘Notorious’ trademarked ‘McGregor Sports & Entertainment’ last year and the power that he now commands in the UFC has seen such a fracturing of his relationship with UFC President Dana White that McGregor has frozen him out of his contract discussions

“I believe that things between Conor and Lorenzo Fertitta are okay but, from what I understand, Dana White has been frozen out of the process entirely and I don’t know why.

“There was going to come a point where… they’ve created this and now they can’t put it back in the cage.”

“They [White and the Fertitta’s] went out and were Conor’s best friends – you’ve seen the video of him driving with Dana down the strip and they’re hanging out at his house when he was training here last year.

“They thought they had a new best friend but what they actually had was a guy that wanted to be their business partner.”

Conor has zero plans of being another one of the UFC's slaves.

He may be the factor that cracks the power the ufc has over the fighters.

“I believe that things between Conor and Lorenzo Fertitta are okay but, from what I understand, Dana White has been frozen out of the process entirely and I don’t know why."
-Can't help myself laughing at this.

Seriously though, I doubt there's much truth to this (Botter, BLEACHERREPORT) but the UFC can cage the animal.

Good. Would love to see Danas big ego bitch slapped by a guy who runs the fight game. If Conor decided to stand up and say he was starting a fighters union it would be the best day ever.

Why do you think he was praising Ronda over Conor publicly?

Money talks Dana.

Funny how the guy who the Zuffa haters saw as the incarnation of UFC favoritism, hype and bullshit might actually be their biggest Champion in breaking the perceived Zuffa monopoly and opening the door for better fighter pay.

I wonder if Viacom would open the cash gates to get a star like Conor.

Wow crazy. I don't think it will go well but the UFC needs to be challenged

Well, the phrase 'We're not here to take part' would then actually be spectacular in hindsight, gotta admit.

Yuuuup. Not sure if it bodes well for the sport, but he's absolutely shaking things up.

Conor may think he is big enough to have his own promotion but he isn't

What would it be Conor headlining a card every few months with a bunch of amateur circuit guys filling out the rest of the card? I don't see it Conor needs the UFC

“I believe that things between Conor and Lorenzo Fertitta are okay but, from what I understand, Dana White has been frozen out of the process entirely and I don’t know why."
-Can't help myself laughing at this.

Seriously though, I doubt there's much truth to this (Botter, BLEACHERREPORT) but the UFC can cage the animal.
it would be hilarious of Lorenzo bankrolls McGregor productions under the zuffa umbrella as a competing org to UFC. Dana's head would explode.

I don't really buy into all this gossip, but even as someone who rooted heavily for Aldo I really fucking hope Conor does exactly that and makes the most of his success.

A man goes and buys a baby snake. Feeds it, takes care of it. Shows it love and devotion. Once the snake is full grown it bites the man who showed it nothin but devotion and love. When the man asks the snake why did you bite me the snake replies. Im a snake bro.... what did you expect.

Back