This can’t be good news for Nate

I think a Jake Paul/Nate Diaz fight would be pretty huge. Jake's fights with Askren and Woodley were pretty big because of the curiosity of the MMA community in seeing how he'd do against these known MMA fighters. But then nobody cared about Jake Paul vs low-level unknown boxers like Tommy Fury or Hasim Rahman Jr. Jake can't sell a boxing match on his own, he needs an intriguing opponent in order to do so. And there's not many opponents that would be more intriguing than Nate Diaz. You know every MMA fan would watch that fight out of pure curiosity.
-Well, I would be curious, but no way I would spend money to watch it.

No worries, Nate always sells and Jake is maintaining his core audience with instagram post.

The Jake Paul PPV fight was canceled due to lack of pre-sales. It seems like Nate’s plan was to leave the UFC in search of a money fight with Jake. Does the cancellation hurt Nates odds of getting a big payday, post UFC?
Edit: apparently the fight wasn’t cancelled because of lack of interest. But an issue with weight cutting for Paul’s opponent.
Actually this is the best possibility for Nate. The next match up will be vs Nate without Jake Paul taking a potential L before their fight. This is the best case scenario for Nate. Now Nate just needs to have some kind of a good showing vs Khamzat to maximize hype for the fight. It will sell regardless but Nate getting ragdolled and/or finished with no real moments in the fight would hurt the hype a bit.

Jake vs Nate likely would still sell. But Pauls ability to be the draw in a boxing venue is definitely suffering quick diminishing returns. Nate would likely re-spark interest for that one card due to his cult of personality. But past that Paul needs to start taking real steps up the ladder, or his career will be over soon as far as making money boxing goes.

Jake vs Rahman JR was poorly promoted and if anything shows that even a huge name like Jake Paul needs to have his opponent bring SOME sort of interest and fanbase to the table.

Even Conor, Floyd, or Canelo need to have some sort of a story or a rivalry to generate huge numbers.

Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz, especially if Jake Paul doesn't lose first and Nate doesn't get embarrassed... Will still be a fairly big fight and draw a LOT of casual interest.

Bellator would pay him hooge too and some of his friends are already there and he knows guys who run the org

Rahman's lowest fighting weight ever is 211 and 3/4. In 2018. So no, he couldn't drop to 205. This is solely on him for signing a contract agreeing to make a weight he knew he couldn't.

Dana is full of it, as per. He isn't exactly objective on the asshole who has made it his mission to shit on Dana for months.

Whole thing is a shame because, make no mistake, Jake was losing this one.
So he couldn't drop another 6 3/4 lbs??? That doesn't make much sense. If it was impossible for him to make 205 why did Jake Paul make it a 205lb weight limit?

Exactly how this played out was predicted in advance by Shawn Porter (don't know who he is)
One man who somehow predicted the cancellation was Shawn Porter.

The former two-time welterweight champion spoke to FightHub and told of how the situation would play out.

“He’s [Rahman] in a higher weight, they’re gonna ask him, force him to pull his weight down.”

“They’ll massage it, Jake Paul, they’ll massage it. They’ll cancel the fight and make it all Hasim’s fault and they won’t take the rap for anything. He has a way of doing this so that he’s covered all of the bases.”

Jake Paul is not a real boxer. He has some great athletic skills but I expect his next actual fight to be someone like Nate Diaz or Jose Canseco.

Regardless of why the Jake fight was cancelled, Nate is a star, the fight would sell .

This YouTuber fight thing has pretty much run it’s course. It was always going to. That’s why I don’t understand Nate fucking around and not finishing his contract a cpl years ago. He literally should have been available for this fight this summer. Just monumental mismanagement of the whole thing by Nate. You snooze you lose, and Ngannou might be next.

I think a Jake Paul/Nate Diaz fight would be pretty huge. Jake's fights with Askren and Woodley were pretty big because of the curiosity of the MMA community in seeing how he'd do against these known MMA fighters. But then nobody cared about Jake Paul vs low-level unknown boxers like Tommy Fury or Hasim Rahman Jr. Jake can't sell a boxing match on his own, he needs an intriguing opponent in order to do so. And there's not many opponents that would be more intriguing than Nate Diaz. You know every MMA fan would watch that fight out of pure curiosity.
Watch potentially, pay what 60+ bucks though yeah nah lad you must be having a laugh.

The Paul fight was canceled because Rahman didn’t wanna cut 10lbs even though it would’ve been the biggest payday of his life. He was obviously scared to fight Paul and got cold feet.

Why ban this poster.... ugh! Now I won't be seeing that beautiful smile on reply... @Jackonfire undo this

So he couldn't drop another 6 3/4 lbs??? That doesn't make much sense. If it was impossible for him to make 205 why did Jake Paul make it a 205lb weight limit?

Exactly how this played out was predicted in advance by Shawn Porter (don't know who he is)
One man who somehow predicted the cancellation was Shawn Porter.

The former two-time welterweight champion spoke to FightHub and told of how the situation would play out.

“He’s [Rahman] in a higher weight, they’re gonna ask him, force him to pull his weight down.”

“They’ll massage it, Jake Paul, they’ll massage it. They’ll cancel the fight and make it all Hasim’s fault and they won’t take the rap for anything. He has a way of doing this so that he’s covered all of the bases.”

Jake Paul is not a real boxer. He has some great athletic skills but I expect his next actual fight to be someone like Nate Diaz or Jose Canseco.
Paul didn't make it a 205 limit. Rahman literally signed a contract agreeing not to weigh more than 200 pounds. Then he says he can't make it. So they agree to 205. Then Rahman says it has to be 215 a week before the fight? Fight cancelled. This is Rahman's fault and no one else's.

I don't know what Porter is babbling about. "They’re gonna ask him, force him to pull his weight down.” No one forced him to do anything. Rahman is the unprofessional one here.

Nate vs Jake is a big fight. It will have no problem selling.
How is that even a competitive fight. Jake Paul is over 200 pounds, Nate Diaz is a 170 pillow fisted grinder whose best chance would be some type of submission victory which obviously will not happen in a boxing match.

Paul didn't make it a 205 limit. Rahman literally signed a contract agreeing not to weigh more than 200 pounds. Then he says he can't make it. So they agree to 205. Then Rahman says it has to be 215 a week before the fight? Fight cancelled. This is Rahman's fault and no one else's.

I don't know what Porter is babbling about. "They’re gonna ask him, force him to pull his weight down.” No one forced him to do anything. Rahman is the unprofessional one here.
If you believe there is no way he could ever make 200lbs shouldn't Jake and his company have known that? Signing for a fight that you know can't happen is Jake's fault. Why sign a HW to fight at Cruiser weight? Couldn't he just sign to fight a CW?

If you believe there is no way he could ever make 200lbs shouldn't Jake and his company have known that? Signing for a fight that you know can't happen is Jake's fault. Why sign a HW to fight at Cruiser weight? Couldn't he just sign to fight a CW?
What? Me believing it is completely irrelevant.

How is that even a competitive fight. Jake Paul is over 200 pounds, Nate Diaz is a 170 pillow fisted grinder whose best chance would be some type of submission victory which obviously will not happen in a boxing match.

The Paul’s aren’t interested in fair.

They want the biggest name for the least amount of risk.

This YouTuber fight thing has pretty much run it’s course. It was always going to. That’s why I don’t understand Nate fucking around and not finishing his contract a cpl years ago. He literally should have been available for this fight this summer. Just monumental mismanagement of the whole thing by Nate. You snooze you lose, and Ngannou might be next.
Are you out of the loop? Nate has literally been wanting to fight for a while now but the UFC didn't wanna give him anyone until now.

Yeah, real smart move on Rahman's part, losing out on the biggest payday of his career by far. He's also proven himself to be completely unreliable. Another outstanding career move on his part.

rahman doesn't need to be a boxer. neither does tommy. both these guys are privileged boxers just like jake in a way except they show respect to real boxers arent aren't playing the same game jake is. he agreed to fight knowing it could get canceled. also why give jake the chance. he loses to jake that one big pay day is going to be paying his bills the next three years until its all gone then what? much better career paths for both tommy and rahman based on their approach to the game

The Paul fight was canceled because Rahman didn’t wanna cut 10lbs even though it would’ve been the biggest payday of his life. He was obviously scared to fight Paul and got cold feet.
if true L to the fn OL

Back