"This guy is complicated." Pereira responds to Uncleaev callout

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
ank callout.jpg

Alex responds during interview on the Trocacao Franca podcast:

"I don't want to fight at the end of the year. I want to fight sooner, so maybe that shows he won't be ready. I don't know why he said that. This guy is complicated. Honestly, I have to see what's best. I'm here to fight, but I don't understand best about other things like where is best [to fight] and where isn't. If I have to fight there, I will, but if it's not a date I want, then it's not best for me. I can say no."

I don't really blame Uncleaev for shooting his shot. Why wouldn't he prefer to fight in Abu Dhabi? But it seems that Alex is targeting a return much sooner than UFC 308 on 10/26. Not sure how bad his toe breaks are, but there's 105 days between UFC 300 (4/13) and UFC 304 in Manchester on 7/27. That's 15 weeks to rest, heal the toes, and have a 6 week training camp. Then there's Perth (305) on 8/18 if Alex wanted another 3 weeks. I don't believe that Uncleaev would turn down 304 or 305. Ramadan has passed, and he hasn't fought since he KO'd our boy Walker in January.

Do you guys think this match happens, and if so, when?

ank callout 2.jpg

Last edited:
Most likely soonest they’d book Pereira is the Noche card in September. They’ve got headliners likely lined up for every ppv before then so I doubt they’d want him on any of those. UK card likely already has two title fights tailored to the local crowd, Perth card is likely DDP/Adesanya, don’t think think they’d want to put him on there over Adesanya. I don’t care when or where but that should be what happens next regardless.

I agree with Pereira here, everything he said is very reasonable. Ankalaev given his history is no place to be calling shots. Whatever dates and location Pereira wants Ank should accept without complaint.

Unless Pereira would want to settle for Co-main I think Abu Dhabi was a fair suggestion from Ankalaev given all the other upcoming PPV main events seem covered.

UFC 306 is Sept 14th in France and UFC 308 is Oct 26th in Abu Dhabi which makes room for 307.

They should do UFC 307 Oct 5th in Brazil.

Perreira vs Ankalaev
Olivera vs Gamrot

Ali kind of smart to pose to the UFC Ank wants to stand and bang. Makes it slightly more appealing to the UFC and maybe increases their chance of getting the fight.

A champ turning down a proposed challenge because it's not soon enough!

Pereira is a breath of fresh air at this point. He know's his time is short at the top, so get as many fights in as he can.

To be fair, Izzy was also the same. Just kept racking up the fights. We need more of this.

The fact that Alex wants it SOONER deserves an applause....

Anko also has the option of beating Alex if he wants to fight in Abu Dhabi too so he's not powerless in this situation. Though, he needs to wrestlefuck him asap to have a chance because I got money on Poatan if he tries to play the hand-to-hand combat strategy that Hill did. I'd argue Hill has better hands than Anko too.

Last edited:
UFC 306 is Sept 14th in France and UFC 308 is Oct 26th in Abu Dhabi which makes room for 307.

They should do UFC 307 Oct 5th in Brazil.

Perreira vs Ankalaev
Olivera vs Gamrot
306 is at The Sphere in Vegas, not France. That card or 307 wherever/whenever that may be are likely the soonest options available.

Most likely soonest they’d book Pereira is the Noche card in September. They’ve got headliners likely lined up for every ppv before then so I doubt they’d want him on any of those. UK card likely already has two title fights tailored to the local crowd, Perth card is likely DDP/Adesanya, don’t think think they’d want to put him on there over Adesanya. I don’t care when or where but that should be what happens next regardless.

I considered that one, but at that point, we're not all that far removed from October. That said, I could still see why AP would prefer to fight in Vegas in September over Abu Dhabi in October.

I considered that one, but at that point, we're not all that far removed from October. That said, I could still see why AP would prefer to fight in Vegas in September over Abu Dhabi in October.
It definitely makes sense for Pereira. But some people forget the promotion has some say so and will spread their talent out as needed. They need headliners for The Sphere and the next one, wherever it may be. But they also will want a Muslim fighter to headline in Abu Dhabi. The most likely candidates for that are Makhachev or Ankalaev. So it will depend on that as well. I don’t think we see Pereira any sooner than September though regardless.

It definitely makes sense for Pereira. But some people forget the promotion has some say so and will spread their talent out as needed. They need headliners for The Sphere and the next one, wherever it may be. But they also will want a Muslim fighter to headline in Abu Dhabi. The most likely candidates for that are Makhachev or Ankalaev. So it will depend on that as well. I don’t think we see Pereira any sooner than September though regardless.
Alex Ankalaev is probably the best they can get for the Sphere unless Jon vs Stipe is ready for that date. It makes sense for UFC to use their 300 headliner and newest biggest star for Vegas.

Credit to Pereira. Dude wants to stay active.
It's refreshing that a champ isn't petitioning for specific dates and trying to sit.

Don't know that i've ever heard a champ say they want to fight sooner, particularly after just fighting.

Unless Pereira would want to settle for Co-main I think Abu Dhabi was a fair suggestion from Ankalaev given all the other upcoming PPV main events seem covered.

100% right, people need to look at the upcoming PPV schedule before jumping to conclusions. We aren't going to see Pereira again from 301 to 305.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back