"This guy is complicated." Pereira responds to Uncleaev callout

Ank already got offered a shot and he declined because of Ramadan… he doesn’t just get to call out the champ on pretty much a hometown advantage shenanigan town where a certain set of fighters always seem to have the edge. Ank got his shot, he declined, end of story. (Not to mention the other stinker he laid against Jan where he got his legs chewed up)

Have Pereira fight for the HW interim while Jiri and Ank sort things out.

Alex Ankalaev is probably the best they can get for the Sphere unless Jon vs Stipe is ready for that date. It makes sense for UFC to use their 300 headliner and newest biggest star for Vegas.
Makes sense for that card for sure. Another possibility would be O’Malley vs. Merab. They’ll definitely want a big name for that card.

Alex is 100% right here and the fact he is asking to fight sooner should be applauded, Ankalaev for sure is next but if he isn't ready for Pereira next somebody else can get the TS, and he can fight the winner.Ankalaev have no right to bitch nor anything, he have no leverage at all.

Alex is 100% right here and the fact he is asking to fight sooner should be applauded, Ankalaev for sure is next but if he isn't ready for Pereira next somebody else can get the TS, and he can fight the winner.Ankalaev have no right to bitch nor anything, he have no leverage at all.

You know Alex isn't fighting any sooner than September at the earliest right lol. He's not fighting in the UK or Australia. Ankalaev was just making a perfectly reasonable suggestion, name a more likely card Pereira will fight on.

306 at The Sphere is a possibility but I think O'Malley vs Dvalishvili is a more likely headliner.

Makes sense for that card for sure. Another possibility would be O’Malley vs. Merab. They’ll definitely want a big name for that card.
Ilia vs Max might be a possibility too. It's really only down to 3 or 4 fights though. Izzy Dricus will be in Aus and Conor and Islam are fighting soon.

100% right, people need to look at the upcoming PPV schedule before jumping to conclusions. We aren't going to see Pereira again from 301 to 305.
I don’t think some people don’t understand there’s a business factor as to when and where fighters are booked. They want to spread their talent out to fill cards and they also do care about catering to international audiences with local fighters. They aren’t going to slot a big name in Pereira in some co-main slot in England or Australia when those already have big headliners tailored to the local audience just because he’s available. There’s other factors to consider.

Ilia vs Max might be a possibility too. It's really only down to 3 or 4 fights though. Izzy Dricus will be in Aus and Conor and Islam are fighting soon.
I think one of three Pereira/Ankalaev, Ilia/Holloway, or O’Malley/Merab will headline that card. Another will headline 307. The third will either head for NYC in November or if it’s Pereira/Anklaev possibly land in Abu Dhabi, as the UFC will probably want a Muslim headliner there. It just depends how timing works out.

This matchup completely depends on Ankalaev's approach. If he fights smart and leans on his grappling, I think he wins...and probably makes it look easy. But if he wants to prove he can strike with Alex, then Ankalaev will probably get flatlined.

I think one of three Pereira/Ankalaev, Ilia/Holloway, or O’Malley/Merab will headline that card. Another will headline 307. The third will either head for NYC in November or if it’s Pereira/Anklaev possibly land in Abu Dhabi, as the UFC will probably want a Muslim headliner there. It just depends how timing works out.
All of that makes sense. If they are going to NYC in November I have to assume that will be the Jon Stipe date since Jon is now apparently back and able to train.

Nothing against Ankalev at all but I'm a Pereira fan so yup lke Alex decide when and where is best for him and let's hope for another impressive win from Poatan.

No reason to do Abu Dhabi at all.

306 is at The Sphere in Vegas, not France. That card or 307 wherever/whenever that may be are likely the soonest options available.

Either, way 307 is the one to aim for. If they did a Brazil card.

Credit to Pereira. Dude wants to stay active.
It's refreshing that a champ isn't petitioning for specific dates and trying to sit.

Don't know that i've ever heard a champ say they want to fight sooner, particularly after just fighting.

Aljo did it to O’Malley.

Last edited:
You know Alex isn't fighting any sooner than September at the earliest right lol. He's not fighting in the UK or Australia. Ankalaev was just making a perfectly reasonable suggestion, name a more likely card Pereira will fight on.

306 at The Sphere is a possibility but I think O'Malley vs Dvalishvili is a more likely headliner.
It doesn’t sound that bad, best case scenario they end up fighting sooner than Oct. Since Ank is next for sure.

Back