this is pretty messed up (the human body does freaky stuff)

don't ask

Special Secretary of Shitposting
@red
Reaction score
i-have-no-words-v0-5v1jjp4i48vc1.jpeg

EDIT:

Okay, I found an image of an old circus freak who had a dead twin sticking out of his stomach. I'm putting it in a spoiler because it's a little disturbing:

images

Last edited:
The weird stuff seems to happen often in India.

It's a combination of poor health care in rural areas and MASSIVE industrial pollution leading to higher rates of all sorts of birth defects, cancers, etc.

It's a combination of poor health care in rural areas and MASSIVE industrial pollution leading to higher rates of all sorts of birth defects, cancers, etc.
Not that India doesn't have serious pollution problems, but this sort of things has nothing to do with that or health care. It's something that happens all over the world, in all mammals. There's all sorts of crazy shit that happens naturally in the animal world that most people simply aren't aware of, and this is one of them. It typically isn't allowed to progress to this stage in people, so I guess in that regard it can be attributed to lack of health care, but it's a completely natural occurrence.

Not that India doesn't have serious pollution problems, but this sort of things has nothing to do with that or health care. It's something that happens all over the world, in all mammals. There's all sorts of crazy shit that happens naturally in the animal world that most people simply aren't aware of, and this is one of them. It typically isn't allowed to progress to this stage in people, so I guess in that regard it can be attributed to lack of health care, but it's a completely natural occurrence.

I don't think you understood what I'm saying. Teratogenic pollution in the environment can significantly increase the occurrence of otherwise rare birth defects. India and Bangladesh have suffered from this for decades in direct relation with industrial pollution.

Lack of medical care can lead to the conjoined twin being undiagnosed.

It's not that these things never happen naturally, it's that they happen WAY more often with exposure to teratogens.

Flipper babies were pretty rare before thalidomide was released, there were a lot more cases when more mothers were exposed to thalidomide.

The weird stuff seems to happen often in India.
There is a radically higher rate of genetic conditions in the UK's Pakistani population than the native population because of cousin marriages. Beyond that there are religious and health care lack reasons for the higher incidence I believe.

I don't think you understood what I'm saying. Teratogenic pollution in the environment can significantly increase the occurrence of otherwise rare birth defects. India and Bangladesh have suffered from this for decades in direct relation with industrial pollution.

Lack of medical care can lead to the conjoined twin being undiagnosed.

It's not that these things never happen naturally, it's that they happen WAY more often with exposure to teratogens.

Flipper babies were pretty rare before thalidomide was released, there were a lot more cases when more mothers were exposed to thalidomide.
I understand, I’m saying this particular scenario happens naturally and doesn’t have anything to do with pollution. It happens in cattle all the time because they’re not diagnosed. All the time is probably a stretch, but its not that rare.

Back