• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This Ngannou vs Prime Fedor how does it go

Who wins?

• Total voters
Ngannou isn't a zulu, Fedor can't just speed hook his way in like he did with Sylvia. Also he's not getting armbars from the bottom. They both are fast punchers and it would be an absolute battle. That said I think Ngannou's chin and power might be too much. Fedor's best chance would be a throw.

Fedor would take down Francis rather easily.

if fedor tried to stand with Francis, it would be more dangerous. Even Francis short punches possess tons of power.

Ngannou is the new flavor of the month, so like Cormier, Stipe, Lesnar, Velasquez, Carwin, and JDS before him he is the GOAT and would literally murder any fighter in previous history. But if he loses 1 fight he is a bum who was never any good.

Fedor at 34 lost to Hendo and Big Foot.

Who were both on PEDs and Fedor was clearly already past his best. He was barely working out and talking about retiring from injuries before the Werdum fight.

This is true and there's no question that he has improved his TDD, though it's important to bear in mind that a far less skilled Ngannou stuffed 8/14 takedowns in the first Stipe fight but his takedown defence worsened considerably the more fatigued he got. Neither the Blaydes or Overeem fights lasted long enough for Ngannou to get fatigued. To take Ngannou down and keep him down from the start you would need to be a big heavyweight with world-class wrestling and to take him down consistently later in the fight you would need a world-class chin and at least very high level wrestling.
Most of the takedowns in their first fight happened because ngannou was throwing fully committed haymakers and while he was out of balance miocic dived in.

Fedor was absolutely the more skilled fighter. But in a fight, power is the great equalizer. And nobody has more of it than Ngannou. Fedor sure found a way to win some fights that he was losing, but he got hit often enough for me to say that he would have a lot of trouble avoiding Ngannou's power and staying conscious. Can't count Fedor out, but it wouldn't be an easy fight.
This is how I see it.

Ngannou too big for Fedor. Unless Ngannou trips and Fedor falls on top of him, Ngannou should take it.

Fedor was three years younger than Francis is now when a forty year old MW, literally ring weight MW, knocked him cold the fuck out

Francis would KILL Fedor in a sanctioned fight.

index.jpg

Fedor had the skills to beat him and if he fought smart like when he fought crocop, win in the bag.

Of course if fedor came out swinging he'd lose. Tho I must say Francis has a really deceptive inside striking game. Francis is always one punch away from another setup

Ngannou isn't a zulu, Fedor can't just speed hook his way in like he did with Sylvia. Also he's not getting armbars from the bottom. They both are fast punchers and it would be an absolute battle. That said I think Ngannou's chin and power might be too much. Fedor's best chance would be a throw.

Fedor has a gas tank

Back