This really sux for Masvidal

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This guy is very good but keeps losing some close fights. I feel like he could actually beat Woodley.

Woodley vs. Masvidal: Battle of the "Meh I guess" fighters

But masvidal was the only one fighting tonight, im all for JJ but you have to use your positioning to threaten submissions or land GNP. Masvidal came to fight, Maia came to hug and act like a sweater tonight

But masvidal was the only one fighting tonight, im all for JJ but you have to use your positioning to threaten submissions or land GNP. Masvidal came to fight, Maia came to hug and act like a sweater tonight
one guy came to strike one came to grapple so the guy who wanted to strike should win because striking is better

Not at all. People act like take downs and positioning is nothing when a guys trying to fight against it. He came to finish. Masvidal just defended really,really well.

nah, this time he lost to a badass motherfucker

he will be back soon and will have a titleshot soon, just wait and see

Masvidal had absolutely no urgency in the 3rd round. Just sitting on the ground hoping to not get submitted is like a fighter just continuously running away and refusing to engage in the stand up.

I think Woodley would beat both but a fight with Masvidal would be closer.

Woodley's average chin is too strong for Jorge. Maia has the reach and the final title chance to TKO woodley.

It sucks that he didn't give himself a chance. He did way too much standing and staring when the fight was on the feet.

But, I agree that he's a tougher match up for Woodley than Maia. Styles make fights and stylistically Masvidal is the tougher match up.

one guy came to strike one came to grapple so the guy who wanted to strike should win because striking is better

I didn't say that at all. If Maia threatened with any submissions or GNP at all I would be happy to say he earned the win. I guess I'm not as easily impressed with positioning as you guys are, and I'm fine with that.

Masvidal is very very good. He has no weaknesses really. He just ran into a complete anomaly, someone so amazing at one aspect of the game he somehow continues to win despite not being well rounded in Maia.

Woodley is a bad matchup for Maia though, such a physically gifted athlete. If there's one weakness in Masvidals game it'd be wrestling/grappling even though he's solid at it, it's not his strength.

I didn't say that at all. If Maia threatened with any submissions or GNP at all I would be happy to say he earned the win. I guess I'm not as easily impressed with positioning as you guys are, and I'm fine with that.
He did threaten with submissions! they just all got defended!

Back