Thompson thinks Barboza is the greatest kicker in MMA

TS,
It's great to have an opinion.

However, you are saying someone else's opinion is wrong and yours is right. And you give no evidence to support your opinion, you just state it.

And the other guy... well he's one of the best MMA fighter's in the world.

I'll go with his opinion.

Barboza.
Obviously Wonderboy is a scrub and has no clue what he's talking about. Sherbros know what's up

AlertTepidBug-max-1mb.gif

edson-barboza-ufc.gif

AffectionateElementaryArmednylonshrimp-size_restricted.gif

1-2.gif

Do you need more?
100% savage.

Edson. Aldo. Gaethje. Cub.

Honorable mention.
Rizzo for what he did to Randy

Crumble Johnson and TRT Vitor were savage kickers too

Why is Jose Aldo not getting any respect in this thread?
Aldo and Barboza are elite kickers.

Barbosa is definitely one of the hardest/best kickers to ever do MMA. The guy has been training since like 4 years old. Aldo was good too, but his kicks were mainly to the legs.

In the pure damage category I think Cro Cop would be #1. #2 I think might be Pedro Rizzo. Those 2 would cause incredible damage with 1 kick. .

it's gotta be edson.
Silva is a more complete striker but wasn't as diverse with his kicks as Edson
Izzy has great timing and accuracy but doesn't have the power Edson does in his kicks.
Gane doesn't have Barboza's timing or speed either.

Shocking that TS has double yellows. Can we just ban these obvious trolls who aren't here to actually discuss anything and just to tell everyone theyre wrong for not sharing their opinion? Shits been killing these forums for years

Anderson had one of the most extensive kicking arsenals in the history of the sport, he didn’t finish fights with kicks very much because his hands were even better.

Barboza is a great pick though, he’s amazing. He’s got 4-5 kicking techniques that have been refined to perfection. I only say Anderson is undoubtedly among the best, if only because almost no one can match his arsenal.

Izzy ain't done hardly shit with his weak ass kicks, yall crazy. Charles, Cro cop, and a few others are better career kick setup artists that have kos with kicks.

Top 5 best stand up in MMA IMO. Barboza is a beast. Good boxing, great kicks, fast as fuck, unpredictable, etc… one of my favorite fighters to watch.

Anderson Silva or Izzy are not greater P4P kickers than Barboza. Sorry they just aren’t. Barboza has flaws as a fighter, but his kick game in terms of variety, technical depth and ability to inflict damage is maybe the best in UFC/MMA history. This isn’t just some silly take from Wonderboy.

Last edited:
Gaethje wasn't in Andersons era. It's also hard to compare these things between weight classes. There's no doubt that Anderson had some of the most technical kicks ever in MMA.
If you’re going off technique, he isn’t on Barboza’s level.

One of the things about Barboza I find so interesting is that he seems to favor throwing the spinning wheel/hook kick over the high roundhouse kick. I guess it is cause he is so good at throwing the spinning back kick to the body & the delivery of both of those kicks looks so similar that opponents don't know if a wheel kick to the head or a spinning back kick is coming.

Back