Media Throwback: McGregor dismantling Max Holloway

khabib-mcgregor.gif
Umm, hello! He's just tiring Khabib out. Everyone knows that.

<{MingNope}>

you mean a Max who was 3-2 in the UFC and coming of a loss?
Holloway also took the fight on short notice as a late replacement and was injured.

Prime Conor was the best striker in featherweight history. 2015 version of Conor would still beat any FW to ever do it.

By your laughable logic, Duffy > McGregor.

Conor haters disappoints me today, come on guys you can come with better excuses

Kind of crazy to see how guys like Holloway and Oliveira get to the UFC when they're like 20 and go from regional level fighters to champions once they mature. Max was coming off a loss there, and a split decision with Leonard Garcia, and got choked out by Dustin in 3 minutes the year before, then became champ like 4 years later. Charles took even longer and stacked up 8 losses by the time he was 27 and was basically a sub threat only who got tapped himself several times, then champ on a huge win streak 4 years later.

Conor haters disappoints me today, come on guys you can come with better excuses
excuse for what.... that was then... this is now.. the game has passed your boy by... judging by the fact that he is sparing with someone from BumFights these days and Max just had one of the most memorable triumphs in years over a top tier opponent tells the world all it needs to know...
connor = washed up has been who got lucky twice, never defended cause shook, has been getting destroyed ever since...
Max = Hall Of Fame shoe in and living legend who isn't done yet... Fought a who's who of MMA greats and has only lost to Volk and Dustin in 23 fights since his loss to connor...

connor needs to stick to cheap booze and pumping cucks girlfriends in pub shitters

Yes he put a whooping on baby green Max back then, the Max of today would melt Conor in the later rounds though.

This will russel a LOT of Jimmies. But indeed peak Conor is the best FW theres ever been.

"but muh title defense! no rematch!!!"

excuse for what.... that was then... this is now.. the game has passed your boy by... judging by the fact that he is sparing with someone from BumFights these days and Max just had one of the most memorable triumphs in years over a top tier opponent tells the world all it needs to know...
connor = washed up has been who got lucky twice, never defended cause shook, has been getting destroyed ever since...
Max = Hall Of Fame shoe in and living legend who isn't done yet... Fought a who's who of MMA greats and has only lost to Volk and Dustin in 23 fights since his loss to connor...

connor needs to stick to cheap booze and pumping cucks girlfriends in pub shitters
I got second hand embarrassment from this post. "every win was a fluke! every single one!!!!"

you mean a Max who was 3-2 in the UFC and coming of a loss?
Still had more UFC experience than Conor, this win is pretty impressive and try to say otherwise is nonsense, it doesn't take anything away from what Max did after it.

Still had more UFC experience than Conor, this win is pretty impressive and try to say otherwise is nonsense, it doesn't take anything away from what Max did after it.
Take it easy on the guy he’s got Asperger’s

Prime Conor was the best striker in featherweight history. 2015 version of Conor would still beat any FW to ever do it.

2024 Holloway would likely beat the snot out of 2015 McGregor. The original McGregor Holloway fight was in 2013 when Max was only 22 years old. For comparative purposes, when McGregor was 22, he was getting submitted in 38 seconds by Joe Duffy in the B Leagues.

People hate that Conor handled Max so easily, wasn't he on a torn ACL or something like that too?
Yes.. prime Conor was awesome.

But Max was also like 14 years old in that fight.

That rematch is something I would definitely want to watch.. maybe for Max BMF title since it is the only title Colon will sniff in his life.

Max was still green during that fight. I use to follow him pretty closely back then since I tried to keep track of fighters out of Hawaii and seeing who could be the next BJ Penn. Back then he was just a scrapper. Watch his fights against Dustin, Garcia, Bermudez before the Conor fight. I wasn’t sold on him at all. It wasn’t until the Cub fight where I felt he could challenge for the belt one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back