Media Throwback to 43 year old Romero ripping people for comparing Adensanya to Silva

Disclaimer - I can’t stand Adesanya and I don’t like that evasive style of fighting but it is a style nevertheless viewed with respect and something to credit by judges. It employs distance , range, timing , ring control and footwork among other things . It is not the most entertaining .

However it takes two to tango and the other half of the fight depends on you - if you are unable to close the distance using whatever resources you have then there is no one else to blame.

This is prizefighing. The aim is to hit and not get hit. This is not a gypsy bar room brawl. Not everyone will stand and trade ala Costa. Pereira did it, you couldn’t.

As another fighter said , Usman took his foot off the pedal for a moment and look at him now, he’s a meme.

Last edited:
yoel-romero-yoel.gif

Yoel is a man of truth. He always give an honest assessment. He will give you compliment if he thinks you deserve it. He compliment Robert Whittaker many times, even when he thinks he won the 2nd fight.

Damn Yoel is a scary man lol.
He should play a bad guy in movies.

But yeah, he should have had that same energy in the octagon.
Not a scratch on his face? Moving fine? That means he didn't try hard enough to get the belt.
That's on him.

Yoel Romero is one of the most boring fighters I've ever watched that constantly gets touted as being exciting.

People act like his power leading to big knockouts in that 3 second instance takes away from the 99% of every fight he's in where he does fuck all and is boring as fuck.

Bro YOEL LOST...get over it..

This guys not even in the UFC anymore..

So many uncultured swine now and days posing as fans..

But but but Izzy didnt stand still so Romero could K.O...

Well ya...Cuz izzy is trying to win ..lol

People underestimate how hard it is to fight technically sound for 5 rounds and to keep moving for 5 mins nevermind for 5 rounds lol..

If the Romero fight was boring..it was because of Romero... Olympic level wrestler...didnt even try

They both refused to fight. Both men wanted the other to be aggressive so they could capitalise just like they always do.
That fight was always going to be stinker city from the rip. I honestly cannot see why anyone was surprised

Bro YOEL LOST...get over it..

This guys not even in the UFC anymore..

So many uncultured swine now and days posing as fans..

But but but Izzy didnt stand still so Romero could K.O...

Well ya...Cuz izzy is trying to win ..lol

People underestimate how hard it is to fight technically sound for 5 rounds and to keep moving for 5 mins nevermind for 5 rounds lol..

If the Romero fight was boring..it was because of Romero... Olympic level wrestler...didnt even try
That doesn’t change the fact that Israel was 12 years younger while Romero was on his way out at 42 years old.

Weak performance from Romero. EXTREMELY weak performance from the champion.

I just love how Yoel talks, lol.

"Honk, honk, honk, honk."

Romero is so fake. Talks about honor and going toe to toe. Of course you want people to go toe to toe with you, you took something to become hard as steel. He just about killed Whittaker in a performance that was a win for the former champ:

He's no better than Michael Chandler, they both rely heavily on their athleticism and cheating to win fights. Another fake who used Jesus' name in public in order to disarm the masses. Yoel is the better athlete of the two of course, but the comparison stands.

Give me 2 borings Yoels matches for every epic Ko.

I like those odds.

Only thing that came out of that fight was a Reebok running shoe deal for Izzy.

Jake Paul cleanly dropped Anderson.

Izzy couldn't come close.

Nick Diaz landed more strikes against Anderson.

Truth hurts.

Yoel Romero is one of the most boring fighters I've ever watched that constantly gets touted as being exciting.

People act like his power leading to big knockouts in that 3 second instance takes away from the 99% of every fight he's in where he does fuck all and is boring as fuck.

Depends. The way he stuffed Weidman over and over and then started ragdolling him was highly entertaining.

His antics and hilarious accent, celebrations and knowing he could explode any moment and end somebody make him exciting

yes he’s been in a couple of boring fights where he did nothing though

However it takes two to tango and the other half of the fight depends on you - if you are unable to close the distance using whatever resources you have then there is no one else to blame..

How about not closing the distance and just wait on the opposite side?
For example, the recent fight between Ulberg and Negumereanu.
Ulberg stood close to the fence and Negumereanu followed him, trying to fight him.
He got KTFO.
He could have went to the other side of the fence and wait for the referee to bring them both to the center.

Back