Social TikTok is a Cyberweapon

Y’all just don’t like TikTok cause the outreach it has.

That shit can turn anti-establishment real quick with like three swipes up.

Boom the next 40 swipes is anti cop,
anti racist, pro race mixing, pro public breast feeding, Hwasa pissing off ugly people, that crazy pixie with the dirty blonde locs looks like she does something strange and wrong with farm animals.. Shanin something.

That’s why y’all don’t like it

Doesn't ask, takes. Whether you trust or not is up to the end user. And you can counter with Meta all you want, it's not a quasi state owned entity which IMO is the Crux of it.
what are they taking? The app doesnt ask for much, it was designed to be super fast to setup and view, anything beyond that point, you're volunteering.

Bidgoat has been the ultimate wild card these last few months lmao

what are they taking? The app doesnt ask for much, it was designed to be super fast to setup and view, anything beyond that point, you're volunteering.
It takes what every other SMP takes, your content, your connections and subsequent actions derived from them. It hosts all of that, and data maps it. The difference is, its a quasi state ran entity; again thats the crux of the issue. If a Japan, SK, Australia, Canada or a European company buys it out, it will in all likelihood continue to run as you know it. And you're right, you're volunteering for it.

It takes what every other SMP takes, your content, your connections and subsequent actions derived from them. It hosts all of that, and data maps it. The difference is, its a quasi state ran entity; again thats the crux of the issue. If a Japan, SK, Australia, Canada or a European company buys it out, it will in all likelihood continue to run as you know it.
it doesnt, that's what I'm saying, the app permissions have significant differences.

it doesnt, that's what I'm saying, the app permissions have significant differences.

What are you talking about? Are you saying Tik Tok users host their own content and none of what they post are stored on 3rd party servers?? You're confusing app permissions and content hosting which is where the vast majority of data mining comes from. As far as their app permissions, they absolutely have enough to run a data map from user to content.

"We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including internet or other network activity information such as your IP address, geolocation-related data, unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), and Cookies."

What are you talking about? Are you saying Tik Tok users host their own content and none of what they post are stored on 3rd party servers?? You're confusing app permissions and content hosting which is where the vast majority of data mining comes from. As far as their app permissions, they absolutely have enough to run a data map from user to content.

"We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including internet or other network activity information such as your IP address, geolocation-related data, unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), and Cookies."

Yeah, a lot of their data collection is "opt out".

every social media app takes that, however, even then, that is wishy washy stuff especially with apple, which generates anon identifiers.

fb, ig go directly after your fine location on top of that rather than go after geo estimates, on top of health, other folks on the network, and calendar data. Tiktok will allow anon accounts from apple relay FFS (more intrusive apps will not allow this). As for search history, god forbid........ sherdog stores search history ffs. Is there any app that has a search feature that they do not store? youtube, chatgpt, bing, google, that's how you build an actual application to interface with a database.

Yeah, a lot of their data collection is "opt out".

Yeah, people for the most part have no clue how little is needed from the device end to map content need to mine the data. But its the fact that china itself is basically an owner of the platform that the push back is against.

every social media app takes that, however, even then, that is wishy washy stuff especially with apple, which generates anon identifiers.

fb, ig go directly after your fine location on top of that rather than go after geo estimates, on top of health, other folks on the network, and calendar data. Tiktok will allow anon accounts from apple relay FFS (more intrusive apps will not allow this). As for search history, god forbid........ sherdog stores search history ffs. Is there any app that has a search feature that they do not store? youtube, chatgpt, bing, google, that's how you build an actual application to interface with a database.

Yes, but the point of all of this is china is essentially a partner ownership of Tik Tok; thats again the crux of the debate here.

I appreciate the effort, but I cant be bothered to watch something when their app permissions are available on my phone. I can see what the iphone is reporting simple terms.

tiktok allows for private relay with apple login, zero data of mine can be picked up except for my ip address.

Yeah, people for the most part have no clue how little is needed from the device end to map content need to mine the data. But its the fact that china itself is basically an owner of the platform that the push back is against.

Tellingly, after that report they removed some of the geolocation features in accordance with local laws.
This was Tik Tok's response to that report though, and basically they blame the user for giving them access to 3rd party app contact lists.
You're right though that tracking pixel use etc is just as prevalent in other social media apps, it's their relationship with the Chinese government that makes it of concern to the US government.

I appreciate the effort, but I cant be bothered to watch something when their app permissions are available on my phone. I can see what the iphone is reporting simple terms.

tiktok allows for private relay with apple login, zero data of mine can be picked up except for my ip address.

Prompting for 3rd party app integration for recording contact lists, and then pointing at the opt out options as a defence, doesn't really allay concerns, let alone their more recent updates to comply with legislation regarding their previous geolocation features only happening in the countries that explicitly legislated against it.

all those countries probably allow tiktok as well, probably because it's nowhere near as intrusive as social media they also allow, like facebook.

Actually banned in a lot of countries. And you're wrong that it's less intrusive than FB.

How many innocent civilians has China slaughtered in regime change wars?

Which country has more people in prison - China, or the US? Both total prison population, and per capita prison population?

The lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

They're the evil bad guys but your country has more people locked up in prison than anywhere else on earth?
They're the evil bad guys but your country is the military empire that destabilizes and slaughters foreign nations around the globe?

How does that make sense in your brain?

China sells the organs of Uyghur Muslims to the highest bidders.

They're also encroaching on the territorial waters of the entire Philippines and all their neighbors. There's a reason their direct neighbor, the South Koreans, can't stand them.

Yea the CCP are such good guys that literally every one of their neighbors are allying with the US and not them. Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, South Korea, Australia - all of them working with the US to contain China. Why is that huh?

I don't give a shit which country has a larger prison population or any of that because I'm a citizen of the US. I'm team USA, not team CCP. So I want this CCP spying and propaganda tool out.

I don't use tiktok, facebook, x or any of them, and I feel my life is much better because I don't.

Your IMEI, identifiers on data circuits and MAC
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F56a1de44-7afa-4141-9a0a-e79a2f9ffff9_5285x5214.jpeg

Your IMEI, identifiers on data circuits and MAC
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F56a1de44-7afa-4141-9a0a-e79a2f9ffff9_5285x5214.jpeg

I checked out malcore website, and it's not up to date. tiktok doesnt ask for location or calendar, it does not ask, you couldnt give it to them.

maybe the app permissions are different on an android? but if you're using android, app privacy is a joke to start with, clutching pearls.
@Hog-train (rather than two replies)

Who said I'm from the US?

Well I don't believe you are, you're clearly some foreign troll.

You just implied that when you said from "within" like you're one of us, but like I said you're some foreign shill.

Back