Tim Tszyu vs Dennis Hogan March 31st

The fact that this isn't showing sam soliman vs sakio bika like I heard was the semi main is good news. Both those guys are around a decade past their prime.
Also on Wednesday’s show is a third fight between middle-aged former titlists Sakio Bika and Sam Soliman.

Bika (34-7-3, 22KOs), 41, weighed 167.2 pounds for his first fight since Oct. 2017, while Soliman, 47, (46-14-1, 19KOs) hit the scale at a fighting light 163.75 pounds for his first bout since April 2019.

I thought you were joking. Lmao!!!!!! This is really happening

Also on Wednesday’s show is a third fight between middle-aged former titlists Sakio Bika and Sam Soliman.

Bika (34-7-3, 22KOs), 41, weighed 167.2 pounds for his first fight since Oct. 2017, while Soliman, 47, (46-14-1, 19KOs) hit the scale at a fighting light 163.75 pounds for his first bout since April 2019.

I thought you were joking. Lmao!!!!!! This is really happening
Jeez that's embarrassing. Solimans knees are so bad, one of them will give way is my prediction.

I will bet you anything you like that no matter which paper title he eventually wins, Tim will never be half what his dad was.

Did you ever see Kostya as an amateur? There isn't even a comparison. At the same age, Kostya had twice the talent, twice the boxing ability & twice the firepower.

After 4 and a bit years Tim is 17-0, Kostya was 18-0 both with 4 UDs.

Tim wins by KO and they are even stats wise.

I don't know enough to say who is better, but Tim certainly impresses me.

I think it's a very safe bet to say that Kostya will turn out to be the better fighter overall, but I see your point.

You don't know enough, yes: one was a decorated multi-title amateur champion, having regularly bested the top unpaid fighters in the world.

In his 4th pro fight one of them beat great former champ Juan Laporte; he'd faced unbeaten prospects by his sixth fight, more tough world champions by fight ten & hard-nut number one contenders from all over the world. He'd faced a variety of actual world-class veterans his own size, rather than dragged up from weights below.

I'm glad Tim impresses you—as I said, he'll win a paper title—but seriously dude going "Well they're both unbeaten" without considering their opposition is like believing every advertisement you read, without any like critical examination of what you're being told & then believing what the next one you see tells you just as hard, even if it contradicts what you believed ten minutes ago!

Apologies if I'm being unkind, I simply cannot believe someone takes the time to join & log on to a combat sports forum & then says something so mouth-breathingly ignorant without taking into account the reality of matchmaking & record-building that these guys indulge in these days (& have for like the last 25 years, TBH).

Did anyone just see Australia's 34-year-old version of Naseem Hamed? Called himself 'Prince' just like his hero.

Sure, he just got TKOd in his 2nd fight but I predict big things. It's not like speed and skill were what made Prince Naseem, you just have to hold your hands down at your waist and you are just like him.

You don't know enough, yes: one was a decorated multi-title amateur champion, having regularly bested the top unpaid fighters in the world.

In his 4th pro fight one of them beat great former champ Juan Laporte; he'd faced unbeaten prospects by his sixth fight, more tough world champions by fight ten & hard-nut number one contenders from all over the world. He'd faced a variety of actual world-class veterans his own size, rather than dragged up from weights below.

I'm glad Tim impresses you—as I said, he'll win a paper title—but seriously dude going "Well they're both unbeaten" without considering their opposition is like believing every advertisement you read, without any like critical examination of what you're being told & then believing what the next one you see tells you just as hard, even if it contradicts what you believed ten minutes ago!

Apologies if I'm being unkind, I simply cannot believe someone takes the time to join & log on to a combat sports forum & then says something so mouth-breathingly ignorant without taking into account the reality of matchmaking & record-building that these guys indulge in these days (& have for like the last 25 years, TBH).

Calm down sailor.

I'm just a numbers nerd pointing out the similar stats.

Further I made it clear I feigned no knowledge of who is better.

I'm really just an mma fan and well aware of the farce (modern boxing) you described.

I suggest the mouth breathing ignorance is not on my side of the conversation.

Serious though, without asking for streams, anyone seen any rivers?

Don’t know anything about these guys, but got a nasty feeling Ryan is going to get stiffed on the cards here

Reactions: 241
Very rarely have I seen so little head movement, and so many punches thrown.

Back