TJ 'Cheapshot' Dillashaw, ending careers since 2014?

ChefC

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

So this is the first I've heard of it although a quick forum search showed it was discussed after a Necktat tweet not too long ago with most people passing it off as Garbrandt talking shit.

With Faber weighing in on it though it sounds more plausible, he seemed a bit hesitant to discuss it but doesn't deny it. Is TJ guilty of ending Chris Holdsworth's career due to a cheap shot (which apparently he loves throwing)?

I grew to like TJ and fairly dislike Garbrandt after TUF but it sounds like TJ is a huge bellend and should probably be giving 'Hold it down' some compensation.

Calling Dillashaw a dickhead would be a compliment to dickheads imo

Holdsworth himself said Cody was talking out of his ass

He is saying that his career isn't over. Hardkore posted an interview where he admits he got another concussion from a training partner purposely cheap shotting him, and that was the concussion that really fucked him up. He hasn't competed in MMA since.

Looks like he hasn't completely ruled out a return and still coaches and does some competitive grappling, which is why he said his career isn't over.

Hardkore also called in on a podcast with Bucholz, Andre Fili and some other guy and asked if it was TJ who was the one, and they pretty much said they didn't want to answer without everyone there, but you could tell they just didn't want to confirm it

TJ definitely concussed the shit out of him by kneeing him in the head when he was on all fours cause he got pissed.

The question is did it really end his career? I know he had concussions before that messed him up for awhile but it seems this was the nail in the coffin

I'll try to find the interview after work where Holdsworth describes the incident but Doesnt say who it is. It was absolutely Tj

TJ gonna put that beating on the real snake.

Holdsworth himself said Cody was talking out of his ass

Semantics I think, he was just saying his career isn't over.

He is saying that his career isn't over. Hardkore posted an interview where he admits he got another concussion from a training partner purposely cheap shotting him, and that was the concussion that really fucked him up. He hasn't competed in MMA since.

Looks like he hasn't completely ruled out a return and still coaches and does some competitive grappling, which is why he said his career isn't over.

Hardkore also called in on a podcast with Bucholz, Andre Fili and some other guy and asked if it was TJ who was the one, and they pretty much said they didn't want to answer without everyone there, but you could tell they just didn't want to confirm it

TJ definitely concussed the shit out of him by kneeing him in the head when he was on all fours cause he got pissed.

The question is did it really end his career? I know he had concussions before that messed him up for awhile but it seems this was the nail in the coffin

This.

They already admitted they lied about the video of Cody knocking him out.

How do you know this isn't a lie as well?

They've been trying so hard to tarnish TJs image since he left, they sound like bitter ex girlfriends.

Last edited:
Things happen in the gym and they should stay in the gym. Wouldn't be the first time sparring got heated and a fighter did something stupid. Honestly sounds like a bad luck situation and TJ and Holdsworth have obviously hashed it out. I am sure TJ didn't intend to concuss him, probably just frustrated and did something stupid that he regrets.

Funny how as soon as it turns out Garbrandt never ko'd Cody, someone rehashes an old thread bashing TJ. Sheesh

Did Cody really admit he lied about the TJ knockout footage? If so hmu w/ the vid.

The smear campaign against TJ has really gotten to a lot of you.

Why is it that Joseph Benavidez isn't seen as a snake for leaving TAM?

I have a hard time believing they had a partner hurting everybody on purpose for so long without doing anything about it. What kind of camp would let that happen?

Well at least this video has these jealous kids admitting they lied about Cody KOing TJ.

Hilarious that so many dummies believed it.

Also, the irony is how snakelike Faber and Cody have been throughout this whole ordeal.

I like Urijah a lot, but tune him out every time TJ is mentioned.

Honestly not sure any more if it's just fight hype or if the junior high drama is real. It's just lame.

tj 'career crusher' dillashaw

sounds like the guy never really had a career so how could tj end it?!

Things happen in the gym and they should stay in the gym. Wouldn't be the first time sparring got heated and a fighter did something stupid. Honestly sounds like a bad luck situation and TJ and Holdsworth have obviously hashed it out. I am sure TJ didn't intend to concuss him, probably just frustrated and did something stupid that he regrets.

Where there's blame..... Seriously though, it's one thing catching a hard shot when sparring and it's completely another catching a cheapshot to the back of the head because you were getting the better of the other guy, especially if it ends your career.

Funny how as soon as it turns out Garbrandt never ko'd Cody, someone rehashes an old thread bashing TJ. Sheesh

The smear campaign against TJ has really gotten to a lot of you.

Why is it that Joseph Benavidez isn't seen as a snake for leaving TAM?

Not connected, also I don't know anything about Benavidez leaving TAM, should I?

I have a hard time believing they had a partner hurting everybody on purpose for so long without doing anything about it. What kind of camp would let that happen?

Fair point. He was Fabers pet project though and a champ (eventually).

tj 'career crusher' dillashaw

sounds like the guy never really had a career so how could tj end it?!

He was undefeated in 13 fights and won TUF 18. I'm not saying he was a champ at the time but he wasn't exactly a scrub it seems.

Seems like a harsh situation to be taken out of your chosen career like that.

Where there's blame..... Seriously though, it's one thing catching a hard shot when sparring and it's completely another catching a cheapshot to the back of the head because you were getting the better of the other guy, especially if it ends your career.

Who the fuck said he hit him in the back of the head? All I heard was cheap shot, not really enough info to even have an idea what happened.

The term snake in the grass is absurd, especially since it was popularized by people who simply heard Conor say it, so they Parrot him.
However if anyone is living up to the term it is Team Alpha Male.

Back