TKO via injury is a valid W

It should very obviously advance you, and people should treat your results exactly as a win.

However, when people start analyzing skill levels, that's when they can start peering into that kind of context.

Still, it's a win, and a legitimate one. So he should be back up there in people's consideration.

He defended the kick perfectly.
If the kick landed clean, Fiziev most likely would not have been injured.

It is what it is. There wasn't a decisive direction the fight was going for either guy. Fiziev won the first, but Gamrot was definitely imposing a war of attrition gameplan with his pressure. It sucks, but one guy's body failed, the other's didn't.

It was unfortunate that Fiziez hurt his knee in that exchange, this is still a real W for Gamrot.
Marlon v Sean and Crute v Smith had freak dead leg injuries but are still valid Ws.
Same as Jan vs Rakic.
Same as Kattar vs Allen.

Be ready for 5 rounds or cop the L.

Dana wants to see fighters end fights and for them not to go to cards. He certainly achieved that!

It's a W....nothing more than that.

He probably won't even get a contender fight after this.

It is indeed a W. But I view it differently than say, Yair/Ortega. Sure, Ortega hurt himself defending that armbar, but it was due to the position that Yair put him in. With this, Fiziev's knee gave out on his planted leg, it had nothing to do with Gamrot.

But a win is a win, no matter how it happened.

<WhatItIs>

It is indeed a W. But I view it differently than say, Yair/Ortega. Sure, Ortega hurt himself defending that armbar, but it was due to the position that Yair put him in. With this, Fiziev's knee gave out on his planted leg, it had nothing to do with Gamrot.

But a win is a win, no matter how it happened.

<WhatItIs>
How do you know IT has nothing to do with gamrot.
Mayby earlier interaction compronised this.leg and that was result.
Mayby defended oneleg from first round done something (overstreched or something) you cant know that.

'be ready for 5 rounds?' so if you get injured you weren't ready for the fight? not following the logic.

If the kick landed clean, Fiziev most likely would not have been injured.

You have no clue if that's the case. Aspinall landed his kick on Blaydes and fucked his knee up as well.

Yes. It has happened enough times now that I agree we need to acknowledge kick defense as legitimate technique with brutal fight ending consequences.

I think it is clear that fighters need to reconsider constantly just wailing these full force kicks at opponents due to the consequences of defense techniques that fighters are clearly training and executing effectively now. I don't think we can just blow it off as accident or luck anymore.

I lean pre-existing injury. Plant leg looks pretty stable to me during the kick.

It was unfortunate that Fiziez hurt his knee in that exchange, this is still a real W for Gamrot.
Marlon v Sean and Crute v Smith had freak dead leg injuries but are still valid Ws.
Same as Jan vs Rakic.
Same as Kattar vs Allen.

Chito vs o malley and smith vs crute, the dead legs were caused by kicks that the opponent landed
Jan vs rakic isn’t a real w cause rakic just stepped back and his acl gave out
Kattar vs allen isn’t a real w cause kattar just landed funny while throwing a kick, kind of like fiziev

Yes. It has happened enough times now that I agree we need to acknowledge kick defense as legitimate technique with brutal fight ending consequences.

I think it is clear that fighters need to reconsider constantly just wailing these full force kicks at opponents due to the consequences of defense techniques that fighters are clearly training and executing effectively now. I don't think we can just blow it off as accident or luck anymore.
It had nothing to do with the elbow check, it was in the planted foot

Nah! it's a valid win and should count of course, but it's not a proper win!

It's a freak injury. These are kicks he threw for over 100000 times in his career already and got "defended" the same way and nothing happened. It's a freak injury, just like Weidman's and Silva's leg snap.

If i block your punch with my head and you break your hand i'ts the same, those are freak injuries.

Don’t think of it as a “win”

think of it as gamrot fought and “didn’t lose”

every single fight is a risk, risk of losing and risk of injury. He was able to come out unscathed

well yeah it is, however there should be instances where a no contest should be involved like say, eye poke or a leg break.

Same as Jan vs Rakic.
Same as Kattar vs Allen.

Sure, legit as in it goes to their permanent record but c'mon on, we're grownups here right?

He gets the win bonus but other than that, no one cares.

Back