Todd Duffee

Yeah, I forgot how big Ben is. He always wanted to fight Travis Browne...that would've been a fun one with a couple of monsters. So would Rothwell-Bigfoot, at least before Bigfoot became an obvious CTE case.
I didn’t even notice it was him until it was pointed out. I wasn’t paying attention, but yeah the man’s a Kodiak bear. Rockwell Vs Silva and Brown had the makings of great fights. He did bless us with the Schaub KO.

Reactions: mkt
Baldlet detected.
Man's looking like a merivingian.
That said Ben shadow realms him

Got plenty of hair. Don't need to grow it out into a disgusting head of brittle straw like that - not to mention, mine would look much better as I have better hair.

Agree with the Perry comparison. I wouldn't pick Rothwell against any top 25 heavyweight in mma at this point, but there's only a few I'd pick to beat him in bare knuckle. (Aspinall, Pavlovich, Ngannou, and Lewis)
I could see Ben Rothwell beating a few current ufc top 15 HWs.

Tuivasa
Tybura
maybe Derrick Lewis

I don't know if he would be a favorite but he could win. He looked pretty good in his last BKFC outing as I recall.
Any HW with an above average chin and KO power is dangerous.

He is in the right place though.
BKFC is a bit lower on the talent level overall.
I could see Ben winning the HW title there. If he beats duffee I suspect he will get a title shot.

I could see Ben Rothwell beating a few current ufc top 15 HWs.

Tuivasa
Tybura
maybe Derrick Lewis

I don't know if he would be a favorite but he could win. He looked pretty good in his last BKFC outing as I recall.
Any HW with an above average chin and KO power is dangerous.

He is in the right place though.
BKFC is a bit lower on the talent level overall.
I could see Ben winning the HW title there. If he beats duffee I suspect he will get a title shot.
I don't know. He lost to an ancient Arlovski in what was supposed to be his revenge fight. His last KO in MMA was against a chinless Struve in 2019. Lewis is also old and getting washed, but he's 3 years younger and started fighting in 2010 compared to 2001 for Ben. I think Ben's best shot would be submitting someone in the UFC, but I don't know if I'd pick him to submit any of those 3.

He grew his hair out to make us forget we didn't see him die against Russow. We all know the late Todd Dufee got hammerfisted under the octagon and there his remains will stay for 800 yrs

I don't know. He lost to an ancient Arlovski in what was supposed to be his revenge fight. His last KO in MMA was against a chinless Struve in 2019. Lewis is also old and getting washed, but he's 3 years younger and started fighting in 2010 compared to 2001 for Ben. I think Ben's best shot would be submitting someone in the UFC, but I don't know if I'd pick him to submit any of those 3.

It is possible I am underestimating how much his age and mileage have caught up to him.

Dude is in his 40s and has to have 50 or so fights.

IFL is where I first saw him and I think that was around 2006 or so.

Lewis and Tuivasa I think are prone to fold if the fight isn't going their way, where so long as the ref doesn't prematurely stop it with Ben standing, Ben can fight in "zombie mode" and survive.

He could lose those fights and I am in no way saying he could tear thru the division, but the UFC HW division is pretty shit in my opinion, arguably the weakest it has ever been (in this century at least).

It is possible I am underestimating how much his age and mileage have caught up to him.

Dude is in his 40s and has to have 50 or so fights.

IFL is where I first saw him and I think that was around 2006 or so.

Lewis and Tuivasa I think are prone to fold if the fight isn't going their way, where so long as the ref doesn't prematurely stop it with Ben standing, Ben can fight in "zombie mode" and survive.

He could lose those fights and I am in no way saying he could tear thru the division, but the UFC HW division is pretty shit in my opinion, arguably the weakest it has ever been (in this century at least).
Yeah, I think bareknuckle is a few notches below MMA, even at HW. Look at Roy Nelson. He went 4-12 in his last 16 MMA fights. He didn't even do well in Bellator. But he KO'd one fighter in Gamebred Bareknuckle then went to a split decision with Alan Belcher. He may still have some power, but he's a fat 47-year old who holds the record for the most significant strikes absorbed without being KO'd. I'm surprised he isn't drinking out of a straw.

And look at Belcher. After an 8 year layoff from MMA, wins 4 BKFC fights in a row then one fight in Gamebread. I think Rothwell is where he needs to be if he wants to win some fights.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think bareknuckle is a few notches below MMA, even at HW. Look at Roy Nelson. He went 4-12 in his last 16 MMA fights. He didn't even do well in Bellator. But he KO'd one fighter in Gamebred Bareknuckle then went to a split decision with Alan Belcher. He may still have some power, but he's a 47-year old who holds the record for the most significant strikes absorbed without being KO'd. I'm surprised he isn't drinking out of a straw.

And look at Belcher. After an 8 year layoff from MMA, wins 4 BKFC fights in a row then one fight in Gamebread. I think Rothwell is where he needs to be if he wants to win some fights.

He grew his hair out to make us forget we didn't see him die against Russow. We all know the late Todd Dufee got hammerfisted under the octagon and there his remains will stay for 800 yrs
Rumor has it his skull was branded with a hot dog brander.. well, what was left of it that is

Reactions: HHJ
Todd Duffee was one of the biggest wastes of potential, I don't understand his career, he's had so many extensive breaks he must have some career outside of fighting.

Reactions: mkt
he should start a swedish death metal band. call it “hammerfist of doom.”

I'm sure he didn't have great luck but he was never gonna be at the elite level. He lost every step-up he got. He was an ok fighter, never great. Nothing wrong with that.
I mean he was so young with KO power when he jumped in. His skills could've come together. I have no idea. Guess some guys don't get it together like others.

It's weird how many folks seem to think big steroid muscles is a legitimate fighting style that would be effective in the UFC.

Tell me... what was Duffee's base style which he had any sort of level of mastery of when he came to the UFC?

Is he hurting for cash? This is not smart on his part. Ben is gonna fuck him up.
Duffee has been working a full time job. That along with some nerve condition are the reasons why he is fighting once every few years.

Todd Duffee was one of the biggest wastes of potential, I don't understand his career, he's had so many extensive breaks he must have some career outside of fighting.

Never really saw the potential in him. Just a big muscle guy who lost brutally whenever he stepped up in competition. Chin made of glass, no defense, total amateur skill-wise. If it wasn't for the UFC hyping up this "new generation" of superheavyweights (most of whom turned out to be terrible fighters), nobody would've paid any attention to him.

Never really saw the potential in him. Just a big muscle guy who lost brutally whenever he stepped up in competition. Chin made of glass, no defense, total amateur skill-wise. If it wasn't for the UFC hyping up this "new generation" of superheavyweights (most of whom turned out to be terrible fighters), nobody would've paid any attention to him.
Yeah his chin is definitely questionable but he was a physical specimen with absurd power, regarding technique I think that partially plays into the inexperience and probably extended layoffs from training.

Back