• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tom Aspinall submits Andrei Arlovski GIFS

Yeah Boser doesn’t deserve the Daukus fight I just wanna see it cause they both have ridiculous hand speed and it would be a banger

I agree, it would have the potential to be a barn-burner while it lasted -- Boser looked like shit in his last fight because his inability to lead the dance effectively got exposed. We saw inklings of it in the Gane fight, where Ciryl was able to control every exchange while also piecing him up from the outside. After that he got multiple favorable stylistic match-ups with dudes willing to come right at him, where he could use his footwork and hand-speed to angle out and punish them. Arlovski didn't give him the input he needed and he suffered for it.

Chris would be an interesting fight for sure. Daukaus is a better fundamental boxer than Boser by quite a bit IMO. He probably has a better ground game -- though this is largely supposition on my part based on him stuffing Aleksei's grappling attempts and Boser having been dominated on the ground a few times during his time on the regional circuit (though Daukaus did get submitted early in his career). Both are lighter Heavyweights with solid footwork and good cardio. Likewise roughly even in hand speed and power, perhaps a slight edge in the latter toward Daukaus as he's been more consistent with his heavy-handed finishes across his (albeit short) career. As expected considering his karate background, Boser has more weapons on the feet (most notably his low kicks) -- Daukaus is a pretty straightforward boxer and doesn't really throw much else other than some close-range knees against rocked opponents.

I don't know if Daukaus would go after him or let Tanner come to him and exploit the same thing Arlovski did, though I suspect the former. That said, it's worth noting that even if he does the latter, Chris not having the Pitbull's height/reach advantage might be a slight point in Tanner's favor -- a big part of his difficulty was that he relies heavily on looping hooks and simply couldn't touch Andrei's chin effectively before getting countered with a big shot. Chris favors hooks himself (though slightly more technical ones IMO). If Tanner was wise, he'd rely heavily on his leg kicks to try to take some of the pop out of Chris's shots and rob him of his agility before seeking the pocket exchanges. That's really what I see it coming down to: whether Tanner's leg kicks are able to do enough to make a difference before Chris clips him with something. Considering we saw Shamil outstrike Chris pretty badly for the vast majority of the first round before getting clipped, I'd say it's a legit possibility. That said, I'd probably favor Daukaus, though -- I feel like he has slightly better fight IQ and fundamentals on average.

Last edited:
Its like tapped immediately feeling the slightest discomfort.
I remember he showed a bitchy character at few times, like a ragey crybaby personality. In case he wasn't taking a dive, this would explain things I think.

I know what he is doing.
He is cashing paychecks.
A possibility, I would not be surprised at all.

RequiredWeightyFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif
CloudyLightheartedEarwig-size_restricted.gif
That post to like ratio brah
ratio (2)_LI.jpg

<TheWire1>

Don’t bet money on a UFC fighter that has to dye their hair because of graying.

I remember he showed a bitchy character at few times, like a ragey crybaby personality. In case he wasn't taking a dive, this would explain things I think.

Not saying he's taking a dive, but he's certainly more concerned about his show-up money than getting a win or KO bonus.

He's in the twilight of his career.

I’ve never see. This guy fight. Until last night. Is he any good?
I’ll catch up on him in time. But beating arlovski means neither dick nor ass.

Man. Didn’t even try to get out. Lol. Too funny. Tap. A second in.

Not saying he's taking a dive, but he's certainly more concerned about his show-up money than getting a win or KO bonus.
He's in the twilight of his career.
Me neither, but his career was always like this ups and downs in bulk. Wins 5, talk about contention, looses 4. Talk about retirement, wins 4. And round we go again. He did fought in UFC 28 tho, so we cant be expecting too much from him anymore I guess, no matter his career so far.

I agree, it would have the potential to be a barn-burner while it lasted -- Boser looked like shit in his last fight because his inability to lead the dance effectively got exposed. We saw inklings of it in the Gane fight, where Ciryl was able to control every exchange while also piecing him up from the outside. After that he got multiple favorable stylistic match-ups with dudes willing to come right at him, where he could use his footwork and hand-speed to angle out and punish them. Arlovski didn't give him the input he needed and he suffered for it.

Chris would be an interesting fight for sure. Daukaus is a better fundamental boxer than Boser by quite a bit IMO. He probably has a better ground game -- though this is largely supposition on my part based on him stuffing Aleksei's grappling attempts and Boser having been dominated on the ground a few times during his time on the regional circuit (though Daukaus did get submitted early in his career). Both are lighter Heavyweights with solid footwork and good cardio. Likewise roughly even in hand speed and power, perhaps a slight edge in the latter toward Daukaus as he's been more consistent with his heavy-handed finishes across his (albeit short) career. Boser has more weapons on the feet (most notably his low kicks) -- Daukaus is a pretty straightforward boxer and doesn't really throw much else other than some close-range knees against rocked opponents.

I don't know if Daukaus would go after him or let Tanner come to him and exploit the same thing Arlovski did, though I suspect the latter. That said, it's worth noting that even if he does the latter, Chris not having the Pitbull's height/reach advantage might be a slight point in Tanner's favor -- a big part of his difficulty was that he relies heavily on looping hooks and simply couldn't touch Andrei's chin effectively before getting countered with a big shot. Chris favors hooks himself (though far more technical ones IMO). If Tanner was wise, he'd rely heavily on his leg kicks to try to take some of the pop out of Chris's shots and rob him of his agility before seeking the pocket exchanges. That's really what I see it coming down to: whether Tanner's leg kicks are able to do enough to make a difference before Chris clips him with something. I'd probably favor Daukaus, though -- I feel like he has slightly better fight IQ on average.

Great breakdown. I’ve been watching Boser fight since he got starched by Tim Hague in like 10 seconds lol he’s come a long way since then.

Daukaus would come forward with combos and Boser likes to counter punch. Who would I favour? Probably Daukaus, but Boser might clip him and put him down if he’s not careful.

I still can't get over 20 years in the UFC for AA.

I think what enabled him to stay in the game for so long are his performance extremes. When he wins, he shows quality fighting vs good opponents. But also exactly opposite when he looses. Like there is not middle ground AA, he is either very good or very bad.

He quit so quickly and easily, didn't even grab at Aspinall's arms, if i recall.

Back