Tony believes Chandler didn't earn a title shot: "You got Dana White Privilege"

To clarify, my meaning was more overall. He talked shit about Khabib which was tremendously weak, he tries to craft some fake beef with Beneil which was cringe AF all the while painting himself as a gym bully, then he claims Chandler ducked him, to which, he provided no evidence.
Yeah that i agree with, he always actslike that. On the Dana White priviledge he was spot on tho.

If anyone is qualified to speak on what it takes to get, or not get, a title shot, it’s Tony.

so why didnt tony fight him when offered it?
He said he wanted to fight him but Chandler declined so he faced Charles instead...
Why? We can all agree that Olivera deserves a title shot so who should be picked to fight him? Dustin wants to fight Conner for the money and Tony just got smoked by Olivera. The only two left are Chandler and Justin. Justin just lost his title shot so it makes sense to choose Chandler as he is the only one left in the top five.

I don't get that people don't understand this.
To be fair, my comment wasn't even about it. I'm okay with this fight. I was referring to Tony saying that Chandler refused to fight him in January and how uncomfortable Michael looked there.

GOAT Silva disagrees....

Rampage fought Marvin and then got a title fight vs Chuck IIRC
Henderson (sure as Pride Champ) got 2 title fights vs Rampage and AS when he entered the UFC.

stupid thing to say

who else at 155?
tony just lost, he needs to stop being a whining dog
justin could have been fair for a title shot but he just lost
dustin wanted a payday.

tony needs to lose again so he can finally disappear

That was pretty funny and there is some truth behind it.
But let's not forget how Jon Jones got a warm welcome back every time he fucked up outside the cage. I mean DUI, testing positive for PEDs, the picogram bullshit and running into pregnat women with his car etc.
So you doesn't need to be white to get the Dana White privilege.
Man that was awesome, well done! <Dany07>

Lucky timing for his debut. Dustin and Conor doing their trilogy. Sucks for Tony but timing and luck can go either way. Tony luck went the wrong way got tripped up .

Well maybe Tony would have some privileges if he could actually win a fight.

Tonya is the type of guy who thinks he deserves a title after being finished by everyone in the division.

Love this post so much. If I were a mod I'd remove your yellows for this without hesitation lol.

Like Chael Sonnen said in the Matt Linland Documentary Fighting Politics. " The UFC is a Business, If you can get a draws you will get the title shot."

Tony Ferguson is done and he knows it

He salty because he didn’t get his title shot like three years ago when he deserved it because of McGregor

Dana wants foremost a white/Anglo, good looking and marketable champ, if he can't get that then a Mexican champ will do...anyone who taps into that demographic that actually buys ppvs in America. It's pretty transparent.

The last thing he wants is some boring, non English talking, random ass guy from some 3rd world small ass country as champ for a long time.
english yes but white no in most cases. Look how hard Weili, DC(double champ promo against stipe), Khamzat, Khabib, Israel, Ngannou and Jones have been pushed as of late.

If chandler put on a wrestling stinker vs hooker he probably would have been stuck fighting joirneyman for his career if not outright cut.

Tony may be gone in the head but he's completely right. There's no one on the planet who thinks the question "who's the undisputed best lightweight in the UFC?" will be satisfactorily answered by a fight between Charles Olivera and Michael Chandler.

I agree 100% But also think it's still the right fight.

Whoever wins will have to stay busy and defend a couple of times before the hardcores give props. But that's not the fault of the fighters. (Except for Dustin who ducked his title shot to get rich at Conor's expense)

With Khabib gone... The belt will be legit tomorrow night, but there are plenty of questions to be answered in the coming months too.

Lucky timing for his debut. Dustin and Conor doing their trilogy. Sucks for Tony but timing and luck can go either way. Tony luck went the wrong way got tripped up .
facts if I recall correctly the UFC originally planned to do Dustin vs Charles for the belt

He said he wanted to fight him but Chandler declined so he faced Charles instead...

To be fair, my comment wasn't even about it. I'm okay with this fight. I was referring to Tony saying that Chandler refused to fight him in January and how uncomfortable Michael looked there.

the tweet from tony about ufc 256 was meaning less. the ufc made tony a offer to fight chandler on the khabib card after dustin pulled out. tony said no that why chandler was the back up fighter for the title fight.

Back