Tony Ferguson - top 5 lightweight in UFC history?

Nate #5? Penn #1? that list is horrible

You might want to educate yourself on the history of the UFC. Penn was a great lightweight. Long before you started following MMA, Penn fought in a lightweight tournament. He then won the belt outright at UFC 80, defended it three times, fought GSP for the welterweight title, and fought twice again for the title twice against Frankie Edgar. You may be foolishly fixated on wins and losses, without having the intellect to look at the metrics. Title fights mean more than simply wins. The competition is better. For a significant period, prior to his downfall, Penn was fighting the best of his era, and going up to fight at welterweight and Rodrigo Gracie and Lyoto Machita.

I didn't say Diaz number five. Since I had never thought about the top five, and certainly never thought about whether Ferguson could be in the top five, I offered a number of possibilities. There have only been 10 champions in lightweight history.

You might want to educate yourself on the history of the UFC. Penn was a great lightweight. Long before you started following MMA, Penn fought in a lightweight tournament. He then won the belt outright at UFC 80, defended it three times, fought GSP for the welterweight title, and fought twice again for the title twice against Frankie Edgar. You may be foolishly fixated on wins and losses, without having the intellect to look at the metrics. Title fights mean more than simply wins. The competition is better. For a significant period, prior to his downfall, Penn was fighting the best of his era, and going up to fight at welterweight and Rodrigo Gracie and Lyoto Machita.

I didn't say Diaz number five. Since I had never thought about the top five, and certainly never thought about whether Ferguson could be in the top five, I offered a number of possibilities. There have only been 10 champions in lightweight history.
Pipe down fool, I've been watching MMA for almost 20 years now.

The LW division is the most evolved in the sport. Its embarrassing to call penn the GOAT of the most decorated division. The UFC had a terrible LW division during Penn's reign at the top. His LW record is vastly overrated. Penn's best win at LW is Gomi(great win) and then it's filled with a bunch of mediocre fighters like Florian, Joe daddy, and diego. Now throw in his losses to pulver and Edgar x2, it's just ridiculous to call him the GOAT at this point.

Back