Tony hate is out of hand.

There is like a million Tony hate threads right now and it blows my fuckin mind. Maybe the toughest fighter that's ever made the walk and you sherbros shit on him because he loses a couple fights.( vs. 2 amazing fighters)

If anything these last two fights confirmed why I am such a fan. His heart is fucking legendary. Everybody else taps to that armbar. Everybody else would have been unconscious when Justin tagged them like that and somehow after 4 rounds he was still there trying sad imenari rolls for a hope in hell at victory.

Fuck you fair weather fans that only root for a fighter when they are winning. Real fans hate you. War Tony!
Tony's the man but the sun sets on everybody's career. He has fights left in him but not at the very top of the division. He's getting older and been in too many wars. I love his fights, the guy is a naturally entertaining fighter and one of a kind.

There's a difference between hate and recognizing when a fighter is way past his prime. The oldest UFC LW champ ever was Sean Sherk at 33, and he only held the belt for a few months. Tony is almost 37 and a corpse of his prime self. He still has great heart and durability, but that's about it. He'll continue getting beat to the punch by younger guys like the last 2 fights. New gameplans, changing camps, etc. don't change human physiology and Father Time.

I haven't bashed Ferguson once since the event, but I did say he was overrated and his win streak was overrated months ago.

Yeah, I was right.

Porier is overrated too. Tony and Dustin are both good fighters, maybe very good, but they aren't elite. They were hyped up in a world where half+ fans hated McGregor and another swath wanted to see someone actually challenge or beat Khabib.

Neither guy was ever on their level. And for the record if LW was stacked, McGregor would still be an ~elite LW but not at the top of the pecking order at all either, most likely. LW has been weak lately, even with Khabib and McGregor competing.

Porier/Ferguson were two interim champions and won their respective belts over Kevin Lee (how's he look now) and a featherweight Holloway debuting at LW (whom Porier held a win over).

That was the reality of the situation whether people wanted to admit it or not. Ferguson is still a good fighter, maybe he's washed up, maybe he wasn't recovered from the Gaethje mauling, maybe both. But he was a good to very good fighter and shouldn't be bashed...he was however never the best LW or really ever truly elite.

Perhaps it's because he acts like a douche? Perhaps of his smack talk for someone that hasn't won anything but the consolation belt? Perhaps it's his abrasive personality. Nobody has ever said he's a shitty fighter or a soft fighter. I personally do not like the guy because he comes off as disrespectful to the champion Khabib.

People often confuse hate with reality.

Tony is over the hill and very much past his best, he will never be a title contender as as such really ought to consider his options going forwards from here, he could truly face some life altering beatings.

That is all pretty much the truth as is it relates to Tony now, yet some folk would say I'm being hateful.

Go figure.
That's an objective take. The ones that aren't objective are the ones that act he was never something in this division.

The tony dickrider's outweighed the 'criticism', which has now become hate because lot of people are happy he went from the the top to not even a gatekeeper.
Lol imagine a new fighter in the UFC hoping they get their dream 1st fight vs "not even gatekeeper" Tony... yeah fuckin right.

I get the fact some of yall brought up about Tony being overhyped and crowned the goat of the division (which is obviously ridiculous, Khabib exists) but for some of yall to say dumb shit like "he's not even a gatekeeper" because he lost to Justin and Charles is crazy to me, especially considering how much of a warrior the guy is.

One thing that does scare me is Tony's team doesn't seem to realize what they are sending into the cage. He will not protect himself from himself like most fighters will. If I was in Tony's corner I would have that towel ready to go. They should've never sent him out for 5th round of Justin fight. Only so much damage the body can take. That being said it wouldn't shock me if Tony gets right back in the title picture by this time next year.

I don’t think there’s hate on the guy, just facing the reality his time is done.

Perhaps it's because he acts like a douche? Perhaps of his smack talk for someone that hasn't won anything but the consolation belt? Perhaps it's his abrasive personality. Nobody has ever said he's a shitty fighter or a soft fighter. I personally do not like the guy because he comes off as disrespectful to the champion Khabib.
Because he calls Khabib Tiramisu? lol. Come on, not even Khabib hates him for that. Khabib just think he's stupid and probably a little mentally ill.

I will say he does have an abrasive personality and he's not for everyone but people are shitting on his past accolades because of the version of tony he is now. He's one of the best to do it. Getting beat like he got beat won't take that away.

Not even close. Tony was on a 12 fight win streak and won the interim title. Cowboy was good in his run, he wasn't great. I believe Tony was great.

And I believe you're wrong. You were a big Tony guy because he provided a challenge to Khabib who is clearly your favorite fighter.

I'm not saying Ferguson was bad or anything, obviously he was a top 5 LW for a while. But like I said above, Porier and Ferguson were both flimsy "elite" fighters in the division and wouldn't have been if the division was actually stacked like say BW or LW/WW usually is.

I just think it's very hypocritical of you to be defending and crying about Ferguson and in the same breath just absolutely bash Cowboy lmao.

Not like Cowboy is a fucking bum here dude. He fought for a real title, something Tony never did. Sure circumstance, but Tony got destroyed in an interim title fight as opposed to a real one. Tony's win streak was always padded and inflated with some mediocre or even shit wins, I've listed it a bunch of times on this site:

Mike Rio, Katsunori Kikuno, Danny Castillo, Abel Trujillo, ~Tibau, Lando Vannata, even Josh Thomson at the time wasn't some awesome win, he was coming off 2 losses lol. Then he beat Kevin Lee, a washed Pettis, and a washed Cowboy.

10/12 wins in his streak aren't even that good or are straight up shit. If Jon Jones or McGregor were fighting these names they would be getting ripped for paper wins.

But I'm not saying Tony is bad, it's still impressive to win 12 in a row and he did beat Barboza and RDA and Kevin Lee who at the time was kind of good. I agree he's 36 turning 37 at LW. He's old as fuck for a LW and the damage from the last fight probably factored in too...but he was also overrated by a hipster fanbase. That's the reality I see, if you disagree fine.

But you shit on Cowboy when he had an 8 fight win streak at LW and beat Benson henderson, Eddie Alvarez, and Barboza during it, then fought a prime steroided RDA for the title as opposed to the non-Acai version I suspect Tony fought. I just that the Cowboy point is a bit contradictory no?

And yeah Cowboy is washed now and having a battle/losing to Niko Price (at WW...). But we know that. He's washed.

I haven't bashed Ferguson once since the event, but I did say he was overrated and his win streak was overrated months ago.

Yeah, I was right.

Porier is overrated too. Tony and Dustin are both good fighters, maybe very good, but they aren't elite. They were hyped up in a world where half+ fans hated McGregor and another swath wanted to see someone actually challenge or beat Khabib.

Neither guy was ever on their level. And for the record if LW was stacked, McGregor would still be an ~elite LW but not at the top of the pecking order at all either, most likely. LW has been weak lately, even with Khabib and McGregor competing.

Porier/Ferguson were two interim champions and won their respective belts over Kevin Lee (how's he look now) and a featherweight Holloway debuting at LW (whom Porier held a win over).

That was the reality of the situation whether people wanted to admit it or not. Ferguson is still a good fighter, maybe he's washed up, maybe he wasn't recovered from the Gaethje mauling, maybe both. But he was a good to very good fighter and shouldn't be bashed...he was however never the best LW or really ever truly elite.
Who in the LW picture is elite to you? Other than Conor, other than Khabib, who is elite? for the last few years

There is like a million Tony hate threads right now and it blows my fuckin mind. Maybe the toughest fighter that's ever made the walk and you sherbros shit on him because he loses a couple fights.( vs. 2 amazing fighters)

If anything these last two fights confirmed why I am such a fan. His heart is fucking legendary. Everybody else taps to that armbar. Everybody else would have been unconscious when Justin tagged them like that and somehow after 4 rounds he was still there trying sad imenari rolls for a hope in hell at victory.

Fuck you fair weather fans that only root for a fighter when they are winning. Real fans hate you. War Tony!

He is hated for his personality outside the ring, there is nothing bad you can say about him as a fighter, that said I think he has taken too much damage and his style depends heavily on that. I think his time as a title contender may be over.

Last edited:
Sherdog believes that once you lose, you suck. Usually , 9 of 10 Sherdoggers, not only do you suck, but you were never any good.

And I believe you're wrong. You were a big Tony guy because he provided a challenge to Khabib who is clearly your favorite fighter.

I'm not saying Ferguson was bad or anything, obviously he was a top 5 LW for a while. But like I said above, Porier and Ferguson were both flimsy "elite" fighters in the division and wouldn't have been if the division was actually stacked like say BW or LW/WW usually is.

I just think it's very hypocritical of you to be defending and crying about Ferguson and in the same breath just absolutely bash Cowboy lmao.

Not like Cowboy is a fucking bum here dude. He fought for a real title, something Tony never did. Sure circumstance, but Tony got destroyed in an interim title fight as opposed to a real one. Tony's win streak was always padded and inflated with some mediocre or even shit wins, I've listed it a bunch of times on this site:

Mike Rio, Katsunori Kikuno, Danny Castillo, Abel Trujillo, ~Tibau, Lando Vannata, even Josh Thomson at the time wasn't some awesome win, he was coming off 2 losses lol. Then he beat Kevin Lee, a washed Pettis, and a washed Cowboy.

10/12 wins in his streak aren't even that good or are straight up shit. If Jon Jones or McGregor were fighting these names they would be getting ripped for paper wins.

But I'm not saying Tony is bad, it's still impressive to win 12 in a row and he did beat Barboza and RDA and Kevin Lee who at the time was kind of good. I agree he's 36 turning 37 at LW. He's old as fuck for a LW and the damage from the last fight probably factored in too...but he was also overrated by a hipster fanbase. That's the reality I see, if you disagree fine.

But you shit on Cowboy when he had an 8 fight win streak at LW and beat Benson henderson, Eddie Alvarez, and Barboza during it, then fought a prime steroided RDA for the title as opposed to the non-Acai version I suspect Tony fought. I just that the Cowboy point is a bit contradictory no?

And yeah Cowboy is washed now and having a battle/losing to Niko Price (at WW...). But we know that. He's washed.
You're projecting. I don't think Tony was going to win against Khabib. In fact, I thought he was going to get mauled based on what I saw from Kevin Lee and Castillo. I like Tony because I think he's good. I think he was elite. I tune into watch tony fight, not because I wanted him to fight khabib. I tuned in because I genuinely was just a fan.

Fair point on cowboy.

Let them get it out, most are Khabib or Conor fans that for some reason enjoy the decline of one of the most exciting fighters in the sport.

Not even close. Tony was on a 12 fight win streak and won the interim title. Cowboy was good in his run, he wasn't great. I believe Tony was great.

Here's the short version since I wrote an essay:

Cowboy won 8 in a row and beat Benson Henderson, Eddie Alvarez, and Edson Barboza. Fought for a real title against a likely PED filled RDA and got destroyed.

Tony won 12 in a row and beat RDA (coming off a loss, USADA'd), Kevin Lee, Edson Barboza. Won an interim belt, injured. Raped by Gaethje in interim title fight 2.0.

Those were their title runs. So why was Tony's run great and Cowboy's just good? Cowboy needed to beat some facebook prelim guys a couple times to bump up to 10-12 in a row?

I’m a fan of Tony and he provided us with entertaining fights for years.

I do have to say that his recent switch from funny cringe to constant whining is a bit of a turn off. The guy spends entire interviews complaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back