Tony's loss says more for Paddy's lack of pop

samuelsoncast

Professional Farter
@purple
Reaction score
At the final peak of El Cucuy's losing streak, having not improved his skillset but resorting to hell-week ala Goggins, Paddy Pimblet faded hard in that third round.

If it had been 5 rounds, I'd have staked in 50/50 into the final round.

Pimblett was clearly the much bigger guy and top control was his key but he showed nothing that demonstrates anything other than he has hit his own ceiling.

Short of more poor judging and gifts against the top guys, i expect Paddy to start hitting his own losing streak.

Signed.
A hater.

Both are low level by UFC standards at this point. That chin of Paddy's is just there for the taken.
Exactly. These two cover a segment of MMA where you tune in to watch, knowing full well both guys are never going to touch a championship moving forward.

They are popular fighters, good to fill a PPV but thats about it. Skillwise, they are both low level. Entertaining, but nothing impressive.

I thought Paddy’s striking showed decent power. He made Tony hesitant after landing one or two shots.

Paddy is a big LW, and he’s quick, gotta give him credit where it’s deserved.

The knock on him is still his striking defense and cardio though. He was better about leaving his chin out there, but still needs to work on it. And he faded considerably late. The top ranked guys will push the pace and find the chin.

I think he’s at least 3 good wins away from a title shot.

I think Paddy actually looked very good. But he, as he said himself, blew his load trying to finish early. Tony is and will forever be tough as nails. He isn't easy to finish. But Paddy still dominated, even while gassed.

Back