Top 10 best HW of all time

Gane at #5? Sherdog prisoners of the moment.
DC over Stipe?Nah I am goooooooooooooooooood.

1. Fedor
2. Stipe
DC and Stipe are interchangeable as well. Even their trilogy didn’t give me a definite answer who’s better between the 2. I thought that in their 3rd fight DC was far from his best and it still was competitive.

I’m not going to argue the top of the list, but why doesn’t Frank Mir seem to get enough respect to be Top 10 of all time?
He has an amazing resume.
This isn’t about resume though. Frank was very at some point. Definitely a honourable mention. Where would you rank him?

DC and Stipe are interchangeable as well. Even their trilogy didn’t give me a definite answer who’s better between the 2. I thought that in their 3rd fight DC was far from his best and it still was competitive.
DC was scratching and clawing the whole trilogy. DC simply didnt do enough at HW.

Sigh...

Fedor
Big Nog
Cro Cop
Stipe
Cain
DC
JDS
Brock
Mir
Arlovski

Lol @ the ones saying Ngannou. He's 1-1 with Stipe, 0-1 with Black Beast, has literally just won the HW-belt, and he's known for fading in the later rounds if he's not succesful by getting the early KO-win.
I specifically wrote 2021 version of Ngannou. If you don’t see improvements since his 2 loses, I’m sorry for you. GSP lost to Hughes and Serra, it doesn’t mean they were better fighters than him at their peaks

Ngannou and Gane are prematurely added to the list. Black Beast is more proven than them, has a win over Ngannou and a UFC KO record. And he should not be on that list either (yet).

DC was scratching and clawing the whole trilogy. DC simply didnt do enough at HW.
Resume wise Stipe is definitely ahead, I’m not arguing that. I actually think DC was better as a HW in SF. That version of him would’ve done better against Stipe IMO

Ngannou and Gane are prematurely added to the list. Black Beast is more proven than them, has a win over Ngannou and a UFC KO record. And he should not be on that list either (yet).
I could agree with Gane, but Ngannou? Come on man, he’s fought the best of the best. The way he beat Stipe tells you everything you need to know about his level.

Resume wise Stipe is definitely ahead, I’m not arguing that. I actually think DC was better as a HW in SF. That version of him would’ve done better against Stipe IMO
hypothetical fights that you play in your mind are subjective.
I am visualising Stipe destroying Strikeforce DC right now...but that really doesnt matter since it didnt happen.

hypothetical fights that you play in your mind are subjective.
I am visualising Stipe destroying Strikeforce DC right now...but that really doesnt matter since it didnt happen.
Half of what we discuss on this forum is hypothetical.

I specifically wrote 2021 version of Ngannou. If you don’t see improvements since his 2 loses, I’m sorry for you. GSP lost to Hughes and Serra, it doesn’t mean they were better fighters than him at their peaks

That's cool and all, but we haven't really seen that much of Ngannou in his prime. Certainly not enough to be calling him the GOAT (even based on ability, I get that).

That's cool and all, but we haven't really seen that much of Ngannou in his prime. Certainly not enough to be calling him the GOAT (even based on ability, I get that).
I’d agree with that. I feel like ngannou hasn’t shown enough diversity in his skill sets to be ranked so highly purely based on skill.

Most dominant HW striker to date? Perhaps. But tough to give him titles based on overall skill sets when guys like Fedor were doing literally everything

If anything he’s underrated here. Mostly everyone was saying he hasn’t improved before Stipe rematch, that he only has power and would be schooled again. He proved everyone wrong

He hadn't shown a lot of improvements before the Stipe rematch. Look at how he bullrushed Rozenstruick with windmill punches. It worked, but because he has power. It wasn't a skillful performance. The Stipe fight was the first fight where he really showed a little more, and people were rightly impressed. But to go from there to ranking him #1 HW of all time is laughable.

As of right now, he shouldn't be on anyone's top ten HW of all time list. As I said in my first comment, I wish him success. I hope he can successfully defend the belt.

Francis ranked wayyyy too high here. We’ve already seen a clear path to beating him. I’m sure he’s improved some, but what we saw against Stipe last time out was due more to Stipe’s decline than Francis improving, imo.
1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Stipe Miocic
3. Daniel Cormier
4. Cain Velasquez
5. Alistair Overeem
6. Junior Dos Santos
7. Minotauro Nogueira
8. Francis Ngannou
9. Josh Barnett
10. Lesnar maybe? Mir?

edit: actually, I think Werdum should be #10.

Last edited:
Well his streak after those 2 loses has been spectacular.

0:45 KO of #3 ranked Blaydes
0:26 KO of a former champ Cain
1:11 KO of former champ and #4 rank JDS
0:20 KO of #7 ranked Rozenstruik
2R KO of the champ and UFC HW GOAT Stipe

What else do you need to see?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag