Top Faces of UFC Era in the 21st century

ArtardFiesta

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
From survival to established ( pre 2007): Chuck, Randy, Tito - honorable mention to Matt Hughes

The golden era (2008-2014): GSP, Jon Jones, Ando...... this imo was the greatest and most memorable era

Modern MMA (2015- present): Volk, Izzy, Charles Oliviera, *Exclude khabib here as his run was short and will likely be forgotten with time. Connor could go before charles, but charles is the the most exciting fighter of this era and connor burnt out quickly. I am excluding women mma here but someone can make the case for nunes.I am bias with charles on this one too.

What is do your greats by era look like. Try to keep it to 3 with honorable mentions.

Last edited:
End the golden era in 2014 when silva and gsp exited from title pic, make 2014 be start of new era and Conor was the biggest face. Lately Izzy seems to be the guy, buts its hard to say who the face is right now

I’m sure I could put more thought into this but roughly off the top of my head (and including pre-Zuffa)

Pre-Zuffa: Royce, Ken, Tank (Frank etc)

2001 to 2007: Chuck, Tito, Randy (Hughes, BJ etc)

2007 to 2013: GSP, Anderson, Picto (Aldo etc)

2013 to end of Zuffa: McRunner, Ronda, Nate

WME: Khabib, Volk, Adesanya

I don't think we will ever see that many all time greats sitting on the same panel and competing in the same era

jon-jones-anderson-silva-e-georges-st-pierre-estiveram-juntos-no-ufc-129-em-abril-de-2011-1385023931515_956x500.jpg

GYI0064517125.jpg

The original post has no Lesnar, Rousey or McGregor (probably 3 biggest draws for the UFC)

Even in modern terms; Diaz, Mas and Usman have all been bigger names than likes of Volk and Izzy

Exclude khabib here as his run was short and will likely be forgotten with time

For fuck sakes the guy went 29-0 from 2012-2020 all with guys dodging him on his run to the top and proved he was the undisputed top of the LW divisions and could have been for 5 more years if he really wanted to.
Don't understand why people just write-off his career like this.

Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock

Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture

Anderson Silva, GSP, Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones (Golden Era)

Khabib, Conor, Amanda Nunes

Volk, Izzy, Islam

All time GOAT: Jon Jones considering he spans over 3 of the eras

guys like Aldo, Stipe, Cormier, Cain
, Holloway are all time greats too

I don't think we will ever see that many all time greats sitting on the same panel and competing in the same era

jon-jones-anderson-silva-e-georges-st-pierre-estiveram-juntos-no-ufc-129-em-abril-de-2011-1385023931515_956x500.jpg

GYI0064517125.jpg

replace Frankie with Khabib and arguably Cain with Stipe due to longevity and you have the GOAT list

soon Aldo might be overtaken by Volk, arguably now

but as far as overall talent, that’s the greatest time of champions ever without question

Back