Topuria looked unfazed during Max's call out

7931971-tenor%2827%29.gif

Virtually identical

Never seen Ilia look that scared before though

Usually that guy is fearless but he looked actually really scared when Max called him out

Ilia had to hug Izzy for comfort after that

He looked like he shit everyone’s pants to me, but what do I know.

That is a bit of a stretch, he tagged him but Topuria was nowhere near being knocked out…

hey, whatever copium you gotta do to get through it, but eating a counter high kick where the shin goes directly into your chin and you collapse, i'd say that was a near KO.

He literally said he wants Max next. Sherdoggers need to get real psychology degree instead of saying nonsense about handsome chad like Illia.
We just aren’t equipped with the proper tools.. we need scales, face off, and shookology

I doff my hat to you for using "unfazed" correctly, as opposed to some who are wont to utilize "unphase" in an attempt to convey the same sense.

These gents are not cut from the same cloth as we are, TS.
They see someone get knocked out, the first feeling they get is "I'ma do that one but better!".
They're competitors, and violent ones at that.
They feel they're the best, and they want to always show they're the best.
Especially vicious brawlers like Ilia.

Honestly. I almost refuse to believe a fighter is "shook" anytime it is brought up --- save for a couple of instances, like Megan Anderson prior to her execution, for example.

He has a single good KO in Volk who was coming off a violent KO in the division above. Max beat and Ko'd the number 1 contender at LW in Gaethje. Ilia survived the first round and then KO'
d Herbert who is 2-4 (1) in the UFC. Ilia tried 155 and then went straight back to 145 after realising he was going to struggle up there. Even the UFC didn't back Ilia to beat Max, they avoided him like the plague. I won't say Ilia was scared, but he realised that Max isn't a push over when they fought. Ilia knows that he got lucky with catching Volk after the Islam fight. Seeing Max stand with Gaethje, who is one of the hardest hitters at LW and then finish him late is Ilia's worst nightmare. He knows Max will come for 25 mins and can finish him at anytime.

His Volk KO wasn't the only good one lol. The KOs of Jackson and Herbert were both amazing as well.

Ilia was only up at LW because he decided to take a short notice fight. It wasn't some big plan he had to go up and be a LW properly.

Pretty sure Ilia already knew who Max was lol. He didn't need to see him fight Justin to realize he wasn't going to be a push over. You make it out like this guy is new to the sport or something.

Seeing Max stand with a bar brawler isn't going to worry Ilia haha. And that's what Justin is. He's not that good, bro.

For sure Max will come hard for 25 mins, but so will Ilia. And yeh, anyone can finish anyone at any time, but let's not pretend that Max is some killer. His last 10 fights have been 5 rounders and he went to decisions in 8 of those. The only two he finished were a past it Zombie that just decided to go out on his shield, and a bar brawler who with no eyes who he goaded into recklessly slugging it out in the last 10 seconds hahaha.

Way more likely that a better, striker in Topuria finishes Max than the other way around.

Damon Jackson, Jai Herbert (who dropped him), and Volk coming off a KO at short notice?

Holloway wiped out a 155'er who is known for being incredibly durable.

Justin is known for being durable why exactly? Because he got rocked badly by MJ, survived and then won? Is that all?

Most fights he isn't getting hurt, but when he does he gets finished. Eddie and Dustin both KOd him.

Whatever the reason, he looked uncomfortable. And I say this as a big fan of the hot-headed one.

I think he was just being filmed unexpectedly and had some really bad lighting on him which made him look sort of pale. Lol the meme of him being terrified is funny though. I’m pretty sure he’s down for Max or Sean or Alex part 2.

I'm usually in threads discrediting Shookology, but to me, he did look shook. Former non-believer in shookology, now a believer. I could be completely wrong & it wouldn't surprise me, but me & several friends commented the same

Back