Transgenders now allowed in the US Military!!

All this at a time when America treats its veterans like dirt...just wow. Like the money being used for this couldn't be used for patriots who served their country who are there rotting away waiting for care...

I just don't think it's going to be a big issue. Gays in the military is a thing, and everybody was lining up to say how it would destroy this or that, or they would get beat up all the time, etc. Didn't happen. There will be a problem here or there, but it won't be a big issue.
Unless you consider an STD epidemic a big issue :rolleyes:

I'm running out of time...what i said, i just looked it up and my guess was correct.

"The Pentagon will pay for health care support related to gender transition in cases where a military medical doctor determines that is necessary, according to the new policy"
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/opinion/2016/06/30/new-rules-transgender-troops/86555558/

Yeah, that means "sex changes"...or "genital mutilation" to the people who have an I.Q over 12. Sorry, but this is wrong...the SJW Leftist infection has got as far as the US Military now. The thread title doesn't even come close to explaining what this means..transgendered people should be able to live their lives as they please, but what this is..is something else. Very symbolic ..for all the wrong reasons.

I think the military is inviting trouble by doing this. It's not a good idea to recruit mentally ill people. Their suicide rate is already high.

Will trannies join so they can have their surgery paid for? Is the military going to provide all the counseling needed to hold back the depression and suicidal thoughts. War is hard enough on the normal population.
You're not necessarily wrong. Studies suggest that the suicide rate among transgenders is very high and it is tough enough for the normal population. Yes I said it, if you're a man and you identify as a man. You're normal. Too many people would be offended by that statement today.

I could truly care less what a transgender person decides to do with their lives or not do with their lives, but I do feel like the transgender population should be seen for what they are. Another extension of the mentally ill community. There is no legit argument against this. If you're born a man, you're a man. Believing you were supposed to be born a woman is a delusional thought to have. Clearly you were born to be a man, because you were born a man.....What is all this "Supposed to" talk about???

What weird times we live in today.

Their suicide rate is high because society historically treated them terribly, we also provide counseling for all members of the armed forces as it is.

I don't think society treats transgenders terribly. The violence they face is often from a former lover. High percentages are addicted to drugs. I do believe that many transgenders were abused as children though. And that is a big cause of mental and emotional disorders.

Another big cause of depression is that trannies have doctors screwing up their hormones. That does cause depression.

I support people who want to defend this country.

As an aside, I don't think I'm supportive of the extra baggage in terms of expenditures (they should be treated like everyone else) but anyone who wants to fight for and defend this nation is welcome.

NPR cites a UCLA study that states there are over 15,000 currently serving. It seems high, but who the fuck knows. I worked in mental health in the army and I never met one.

I heard that on the air today and was shocked!

Australia does it, England does it, Israel does it. If anyone has a problem with it, that's on them. Be a man and be secure in your own masculinity.

Not to get off-topic however from my experience the Aussies do things differently compared to the rest, period. I have never seen so many females in a naval fleet until working with Australia's. I venture to say if that was a case for us all the meat-swinging Sailors and Marines would be beating it down on a ship. I imagine more trips to medical keeping the corpsman busy with STD shots, kits, & so forth.

I could truly care less what a transgender person decides to do with their lives or not do with their lives, but I do feel like the transgender population should be seen for what they are. Another extension of the mentally ill community. There is no legit argument against this. If you're born a man, you're a man. Believing you were supposed to be born a woman is a delusional thought to have. Clearly you were born to be a man, because you were born a man.....What is all this "Supposed to" talk about???

What weird times we live in today.
Except that is 't necessarily true. Some babies are born with ambiguous genetalia. The doctors and parents have to decide on the sex right then and there and surgically make the baby one of the other. Someone earlier in the thread posted that about 1 in every 2000 people is transgender. Well, guess how many babies are born with ambiguous genetalia. 1 in 1500 to 2000. I'm going to guess that those babies often end up as trannies later in life.

I realize life is easier if you don't know shit and just stick to simplistic viewpoints. Unfortunately for us all, life is quite a bit more complicated in actuality.

Except that is 't necessarily true. Some babies are born with ambiguous genetalia. The doctors and parents have to decide on the sex right then and there and surgically make the baby one of the other. Someone earlier in the thread posted that about 1 in every 2000 people is transgender. Well, guess how many babies are born with ambiguous genetalia. 1 in 1500 to 2000. I'm going to guess that those babies often end up as trannies later in life.

I realize life is easier if you don't know shit and just stick to simplistic viewpoints. Unfortunately for us all, life is quite a bit more complicated in actuality.

So some people are born fucked up. Who would of thought.

Me and my fellow Marines don't really understand why. Don't they have like a 40% suicide rate or something? I doubt the shitty military life will help that much.

Is TriCare going to start paying for hormones? Do you have to just identify as a female? What happens when they deploy and don't get hormones? Which PFT do they take?

Until science can change your DNA/Chromosomes you can't say your a real woman. I mean, I'll call you whatever you want, and I don't care what gender you're attracted to but this is way different. For now they are just people seriously out of touch with reality. The Military isn't really the place for people with mental issues.

Last edited:

68% of facts on the internet are made up: Abe Lincoln

Good for them..if there willing to die for our country and "protect our freedom" then they damn well should be allowed to were high heels.

I think the military is inviting trouble by doing this. It's not a good idea to recruit mentally ill people. Their suicide rate is already high.

Will trannies join so they can have their surgery paid for? Is the military going to provide all the counseling needed to hold back the depression and suicidal thoughts. War is hard enough on the normal population.
They reject fully functional males with prior sports injuries but if you chop your dick off and take hormones (another banned substance) its open arms?

Back