Media Translation of altercation between Khazmat and Abubakar

It's probably an age and respect thing. There is also preexisting unresolved issues.

Unless there is something about Islamic culture I am missing it was clearly Abubakar inappropriately trying to assert himself a tough guy. It is extremely common for athletes to show praise with a tap, the proverbial pat on the back. Hell, in the NBA butt slaps are an extremely common method of praise.

Regardless of the accuracy of the quoted translation, you can see from Khamzat's facial expression and positive head nod he was just giving a quick, respectful compliment as he was walking by probably not wanting to be seen as disrespectful for walking by and ignoring him. Abubakar yelling back at Khamzat after he had already walked several feet away to initiate a clearly less than positive conversation was disrespectful and he deserved to get clocked by Khamzat. Abubakar is the guy completely riding off Khabib's name and would never confront Khamzat like that if he wasn't in a crowd to protect him. Hopefully Khabib smacked the shyte out of Abubakar too for being an embarrassment and disrespecting his name, their entire team, their religion and everything they stand for.
This is a logical throught process you have, brother. It has no business on Sherdog, as you can see by the various ridiculous responses in the thread.

They hate Khamzat so there is literally nothing he will do that they won't shit on. It's pretty funny to witness so much hypocrisy and doucle-standards in the run of a day. This is the place for it though.

Khamzat is low key disrespectful with the way he puts his hands on people. It's like he always want to be the alpha in some kind of way whether it's patting people on the head, lifting them in the air when he hugs them, shit like that
You've clearly never been involved in wrestling. Iz normal

I love Khamzat, but dude just needs to chill and keep his hands to himself lol. It's so annoying when people feel the need to get all handsy and right up in your face to have a conversation.

Edit: I was one of those assholes that commented without really watching the video. Didn't really seem like Khamzat did anything for it to blow up like that.

Last edited:
At the same time, if you aggressively call someone who just tapped you on the stomach and say don t touch me, that s also a provocation.

Khamzat was maybe too familiar with him but Abubakar confronted him and gave Khamzat no choice.

Indeed. I'm not a Khamzat fan, and I've been rooting against him ever since the Leech fight, but he's 100% in the right here.
He's probably thinking that he's going to do something nice and congratulate his Muslim bro in front of the cameras, and the guy call him back and tell him not to touch me "not me, you don't fucking touch me", while the camera guys are gooning all over the altercation, of course he's going to tell him "fuck you I'll do what I want"

What else could one possibly do?

(I don't even remember why I started to root against Khamzat, probably because his Sherdog fanboys started to get a bit too annoying? Or Khamzat said something not cool about one of my favorites? Did he badmouth either Fedor or GSP?
Anyway, considering lots of sherdoggers have turned their back to him, I guess I can start liking him again, since he gave us some much needed excitement during the pandemic. What a weird time period that was, let's hope it doesn't happen again in our lifetime...)

Indeed. I'm not a Khamzat fan, and I've been rooting against him ever since the Leech fight, but he's 100% in the right here.
He's probably thinking that he's going to do something nice and congratulate his Muslim bro in front of the cameras, and the guy call him back and tell him not to touch me "not me, you don't fucking touch me", while the camera guys are gooning all over the altercation, of course he's going to tell him "fuck you I'll do what I want"

What else could one possibly do?

(I don't even remember why I started to root against Khamzat, probably because his Sherdog fanboys started to get a bit too annoying? Or Khamzat said something not cool about one of my favorites? Did he badmouth either Fedor or GSP?
Anyway, considering lots of sherdoggers have turned their back to him, I guess I can start liking him again, since he gave us some much needed excitement during the pandemic. What a weird time period that was, let's hope it doesn't happen again in our lifetime...)
Yeah, on the flip side I can understand that Khamzat was seen as cocky just walking in to his crew at tapping him on belly and walking away.

These are thugs with a chip on their shoulder that have past beef and they are both looking to start shit is normal.

So long story short, Abubakar does not like being touched when being complimented, and Khamzat will be dammed if someone does not allow him to touch them while complimenting them.
Is normal. People usually smile at this stuff and walk away - nothing happens. Then there are dudes like this. It’s basically stirring up shit on both sides.

I remember Bas telling his bar fight stories and in one of them a bouncer poked his finger at Bas’ chest and told him to leave. Bas, being the upstanding citizen he is, obviously didn’t walk away and chose to escalate it by going ”don’t touch me, don’t put your hands on me, don’t you ever touch me” and a brawl would break out.

You ever wonder why some guys are always in fights where ever they go? They might be assholes and there’s a lot of ’em :eek:

Is normal. People usually smile at this stuff and walk away - nothing happens. Then there are dudes like this. It’s basically stirring up shit on both sides.

I remember Bas telling his bar fight stories and in one of them a bouncer poked his finger at Bas’ chest and told him to leave. Bas, being the upstanding citizen he is, obviously didn’t walk away and chose to escalate it by going ”don’t touch me, don’t put your hands on me, don’t you ever touch me” and a brawl would break out.

You ever wonder why some guys are always in fights where ever they go? They might be assholes and there’s a lot of ’em :eek:
haha I've thankfully never been in a fight. Any time I've been in some sort of altercation, I've always apologized and walked away or told person I would not care to get my ass kicked. In reality, I know how to fight and would likely be okay, but either I beat someone up and get sent to jail, or they beat me up or maybe they have a gun lol I always viewed it as a lose-lose situation.

That translation seems.... a tad biased lmao

but still if that's what happened regarding the "do it without the tap" part then clearly Abubakar was looking to stir shit
I saw the bias from the beginning when they call Abu a “Dagestan Rat”

I have given Khamzat flack previously for acting like an overly aggressive little bitch particularly towards Costa, but here he is entirely justified and I respect him for standing up to a weak bully.

Back