Trevor Wittman smart but annoying af

I didn't mind him talking at all. I actually was very focus when he talked, he's a very intriguing guy. Actually that's one of the few JRE that I actually watched the whole podcast. And that's saying a lot considering I have ADD.

He was invited to a podcast to have a conversation (as were Dwayne and Firas)...hes being himself, cant please everybody. You seem like a generic hater.
Not at all a hater. Its not black and white

firas must have really over-stepped because he literally didn't let gsp get in a single word. it's almost like joe was interviewing firas by himself.

giphy.gif

You can literally feel the energy being sucked out of the broadcast when he starts talking. I’m sure he’s an amazing MMA coach, but he’s terrible on TV.

His imitations of fighters were kinda funny at the beginning but then when he constantly kept doing it he became annoying AF!

And I was surprised Joe didn't step in with is usual "guys we can't talk over each other" (but he cuts everyone off. "ok let me stop you there..." "not only that but...") but yeah Trevor was enjoying himself a lot like he was the host at some point lol, and Gaethje clearly has a speech impediment and his 5 seconds pause between his sentences was forcing either Joe or Trevor to jump in. Interesting podcast but yeah I wouldn't have listen to 4 hours of that.

Trev saw the absolute disaster on Tuf when Eddie lapped JG a few times over in the pool. You know what one of gaejthe s main pillars is for cardio now ?

Yes- that's right. Hes gotten that upper echelon lead - hes going to make you a better fighter. JG toughness and cardio NOW makes him a difficult out for khabib but I dont think itll be enough to beat the khabib that we're seeing and complacency doesnt exist in the dag's dictionary.

Not a fan of these episodes where he has fighter/trainer combo, it would be so much better if he did separate podcasts with them.

Trevor was a much better guest than Justin..

To all the guys saying they wanted to hear more Gaethje did you all miss him struggling to string together coherent sentences? I love watching the guy fight but he’s not winning any awards for public speaking. That podcast would have been unbearable with just him.
That's what rogan is for.

Is it me or are the trainers on jre mma usually overstepping their roles on the show. Dwayne pissed me off, firas even a little with his road rage I'm a badass bit. Whitman, who I like, and clearly has a great mind for mma, and fight gear in particular would not let jg or even rogan talk for long periods. I didn't watch to hear you so know your role. I would be ok with watching him alone as an mma guest, but certainly would rather hear jg stories.

Not positive as to what you’re referring to, but Trevor Whitman’s analysis has always been pretty great imo. I enjoy hearing what he has to say between rounds, especially considering the god awful cornering that we have seen recently...

He is great at what he does and the proof is in the pudding. Both Justin Gaethje and Rose Namajunas have improved significantly under his tutelage. It wasn’t that long ago that my boy JG was considered nothing more than a brawler on cards just to please the Just Bleed Gods. Look at him now. Gaethje has been looking like a world beater and is about to fight for the title. Whitman is legit.

Not positive as to what you’re referring to, but Trevor Whitman’s analysis has always been pretty great imo. I enjoy hearing what he has to say between rounds, especially considering the god awful cornering that we have seen recently...

He is great at what he does and the proof is in the pudding. Both Justin Gaethje and Rose Namajunas have improved significantly under his tutelage. It wasn’t that long ago that my boy JG was considered nothing more than a brawler on cards just to please the Just Bleed Gods. Look at him now. Gaethje has been looking like a world beater and is about to fight for the title. Whitman is legit.
Great coach, very smart in many regards. The post was referring to him(amongst other coaches) talking more than their fighters on jre mma. As I said I would watch a jremma with just the trainers as that would be interesting to me too. Just not as much as the fighters themselves.

Other fighters have brought their trainer so someone else can talk. Henry Cejudo tried at several points to let Eric take the show. TJ defered to ludwig several times. Gaethje spent much of the time quiet, and when asked questions by joe he would answer "I don't know how to answer that question" Maybe you need to realize that fighters aren't all master orators and having a trainer who can fill dead space is actually beneficial when doing longer forms of media like a 2 hour podcast. I would rather have Wittman talking too much than have a show of silence because Justin isn't talking.

Other fighters have brought their trainer so someone else can talk. Henry Cejudo tried at several points to let Eric take the show. TJ defered to ludwig several times. Gaethje spent much of the time quiet, and when asked questions by joe he would answer "I don't know how to answer that question" Maybe you need to realize that fighters aren't all master orators and having a trainer who can fill dead space is actually beneficial when doing longer forms of media like a 2 hour podcast. I would rather have Wittman talking too much than have a show of silence because Justin isn't talking.
That why joe rogan is there. It's on the host to make the interview not have lulls not on a fighter's trainer. Your missing the point, its not that I don't want to hear from the trainers, it's that i want to hear from the fighters more. If jg needs 3 seconds to process each question, jg gets it

So many clout chasers in today's era.

The quiet guy in the background who does his job well without needing attention is a dying breed.
Being a trainer is a business, if you’re the quiet guy in the background, you’ll be out of business fairly quickly.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was saying. Do the trainers separately, or even bring them in for the last hour or half hour or whatever. I did not tune in to listen to trevor Whitman explain justin gathjes mindset like wtf?
Then don’t listen/watch it.

he wouldn't shut up, I wanted to hear gaethje's perspective but every second it was "well you see here's how unique gaethje is, my fighter is so cool hahaha" I don't give a fuck trevor let gaethje speak

he wouldn't shut up, I wanted to hear gaethje's perspective but every second it was "well you see here's how unique gaethje is, my fighter is so cool hahaha" I don't give a fuck trevor let gaethje speak
Thank you. I think rogan should bring in trainers with different approaches on the show together, they can get into stuff together and that would be interesting, but bringing trainers in with their fighters seems to overshadow the fighters themselves which is who we're tuning in to see

Back