Triller Fight Club PPV Oct.16th Teofimo López vs Kambosos

Imo Lopez should ask for 250 billion instead of 2.5 million. This way, he could become the richest man in the world with just one more fight.
Be reasonably greedy, you only need 115 billies before taxes to be the richest man in the world(well, at least officially as recorded by Forbes).
I hope we don't get an Andre Ward/Maikey Garcia type court career pause.
My Kambosos are getting sweaty just thinking about it.

I see.
You don't want to be objective, you want to hate on Arum. Fair enough, he HAS been a POS over the years, but in this instance he's being reasonable.
Not my fault Arums boxing business model insults fighters and fans alike. It's like be objective, but not that objective. This reads the same as every trajectory Arum sends any watchable fighter on, hes the one wasting people's time, not Lopez, the billionth guy to have a gripe.

Imo Lopez should ask for 250 billion instead of 2.5 million. This way, he could become the richest man in the world with just one more fight.
Hey, I know, we can pretend to know what we are talking about when it pertains to business on a boxing forum, and ignore the business aspect all together as it pertains to the fighters side. You understand he has to make his money likely for a lifetime in next 5 years and hope he doesnt lose, because the ride likely stops there, let alone the literal hemorrhage of overhead it takes to afford being a prizefighter at all, let alone a champion and holder of all major sanctioning bodies titles, it's insane people are trying to make fun when a deserving fighter wants more and to actually get what they are worth, it's not rocket science the norm is to bleed the fighter dry, god forbid a fighter have a gripe about how they're being valued when they hold some chips.

Though Kambosos may not be the best fighter to do this against, i totally agree with Lopez asking for as much as he can.

He just beat arguably the #1 or #2 star in boxing when very little gave him a chance and now the spotlight is on him. If he waits and ends up losing suddenly Arum will drop him like a sack of potatoes because we all know Arum doesn't care about anyone that doesn't make him rich, and then his chance will be gone.

It's definitely a bold move by Lopez but i'm all for it.

Though Kambosos may not be the best fighter to do this against, i totally agree with Lopez asking for as much as he can.

He just beat arguably the #1 or #2 star in boxing when very little gave him a chance and now the spotlight is on him. If he waits and ends up losing suddenly Arum will drop him like a sack of potatoes because we all know Arum doesn't care about anyone that doesn't make him rich, and then his chance will be gone.

It's definitely a bold move by Lopez but i'm all for it.
yeah I kinda see both sides to this tbh. Lopez will almost certainly beat Kambosos, so he should fight him, keep his IBF belft and set up the bigger fights. That said, Kambosos isn't a bad fighter, he's not a gimme, and Arum probably underpaid Lopez for the Loma fight to begin with.

yeah I kinda see both sides to this tbh. Lopez will almost certainly beat Kambosos, so he should fight him, keep his IBF belft and set up the bigger fights. That said, Kambosos isn't a bad fighter, he's not a gimme, and Arum probably underpaid Lopez for the Loma fight to begin with.
Was a point I intended to make as well, Loma and Lopez both made less during the covid era, but they manned up and gave the boxing world a big time fight. You know who benefits from that, and now Arum has short memory. We know this story.

I'm not going to complain if Arum doesn't get over on a fighter for once, lol. Look at what just happened to Berchelt, you never know when your ability to make money will suddenly end.

I'm not going to complain if Arum doesn't get over on a fighter for once, lol. Look at what just happened to Berchelt, you never know when your ability to make money will suddenly end.
man I know Berchelt has a domestic abuse case against him, but boy I felt awful watching the way he got his shit pushed in by Valdez. that ko was genuinely worrying.

man I know Berchelt has a domestic abuse case against him, but boy I felt awful watching the way he got his shit pushed in by Valdez. that ko was genuinely worrying.

Yeah if that was with a packed crowd they would have gone silent for a while, i know i was worried there for a few seconds.

Not my fault Arums boxing business model insults fighters and fans alike. It's like be objective, but not that objective. This reads the same as every trajectory Arum sends any watchable fighter on, hes the one wasting people's time, not Lopez, the billionth guy to have a gripe.

Except that Arum isn't trying to block the fight. I fail to see what Arum's done wrong in this instance.
Like every job in the history of jobs, the employer says we can pay you X. You can accept that, or look for another job. An employer isn't under some obligation to pay you what YOU think you're worth.
Likewise, a promoter isn't obligated to pay you at 4 x your contracted price/fight because YOU think you're worth it. Bob isn't obligated to lose a ton of money on a no money fight is he?
How entitled IS this guy?

Now, King used to say you're fighting for me, or you're fighting in court.. on top of pocketing half the contracted purse.

That said, if Hearn is willing to promote the fight on DAZN and give Teo 10 Million or something, he'd be stupid not to take it. I'll watch, on DAZN/Showtime/ESPN or whatever, but I certainly wouldn't do ppv for this fight. How many do you think would?

Except that Arum isn't trying to block the fight. I fail to see what Arum's done wrong in this instance.
Like every job in the history of jobs, the employer says we can pay you X. You can accept that, or look for another job. An employer isn't under some obligation to pay you what YOU think you're worth.
Likewise, a promoter isn't obligated to pay you at 4 x your contracted price/fight because YOU think you're worth it. Bob isn't obligated to lose a ton of money on a no money fight is he?

Now, King used to say you're fighting for me, or you're fighting in court.. on top of pocketing half the contracted purse.

That said, if Hearn is willing to promote the fight on DAZN and give Teo 10 Million or something, he'd be stupid not to take it. I'll watch, on DAZN/Showtime/ESPN or whatever, but I certainly wouldn't do ppv for this fight. How many do you think would?
Or you can renegotiate your pay and position when you know your worth and know the business as well as your employer.

And you know, on top of not needing an explanation of the implied expectations of employment nor an explanation how promoters work (let's just get that out of the way, I've posted here for what 15yrs? I am familiar by now), I also think you got the psychology of this wrong. I had to bring business back from the brink when I took over at one establishment. The value of employee tenure at a job that wasnt easy nor in possession of a very big payroll budget, improductivity due to high employee turnaround was one of my biggest issues, I had to really fight to keep good people on board and eventually shook the owner down for demands I had, specifically I needed to hire and KEEP people that could provide on a return for his investment in them. In the end any additional payroll was more than recouped, and similar logic was applied elsewhere, but the point is. I had people I couldn't afford to lose unhappy and I had to roll the dice sometimes, that comparison can be seen both ways.

Back